Author Topic: No firearms  (Read 2411 times)

Mark_75

• Trusted Member
No firearms
« on: April 08, 2012, 11:59:30 AM »
Hi everyone :)

Errrv, I'm in the UK and to obtain a firearm of decent calibre you need to jump through quite a few hoops unless you know someone dodgey enough lol. Anyway, and at any rate, I'm simply not planning on carrying guns etc. I do have a genuine hunting boomerang that was crafted from hardwood for my family like almost 30 years ago....proper hunting one, so I'm planning to practise with that...even just for the fun of it :D

I've been wondering about planning when you aren't carrying weapon(s) and I was thinking your board would be the best place to ask  8). I know its different in the USA and yeah there I think it pretty much a requirement in most people's minds. In the UK I think it does depend a fair bit where you live as to how likely you would need one. I'm just curious about things like choosing safe areas or just where you decide to settle in for the day(s) etc. Would you go for the capability for concealment mostly or still just really hard to get to places (even if the escape routes for example are exposed)? And yeah just any other ideas people might think handy for this....even if you do have firearms I think this is going to be important to consider in certain scenarios...

Cheers, Mark
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 12:25:30 PM by Mark_75 »

probe64322

• stringers
    • n/a
Re: No firearms
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 12:37:25 PM »
concealment might be your only option depending what does happen,if you can escape to a safeish environment then go for it would be my opinion.
As to weapons you could get a crossbow/long bow,throwing knifes etc,being armed with something is better than not being armed.

P.

Mark_75

• Trusted Member
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 03:59:24 PM »
Thanks for your reply P. I might talk to old mate at the army surplus about those possibilities...even just for hunting :)

I dunno though, there's a reason I don't want to rely on weapons apart from hand held and it's pretty deep feeling. I believe I'll be far more useful to someone else alive anyway lol. And I think this would be true of everyone here. There's the element that we don't know and the dimensions we can't see. I'm pretty sure we are meant to have faith in certains ways with certain knowledge (how to as Errrv says simply be able to get by with the land with the right knowledge). I know we've seen all the portrayal of chaos and yeah it wont surprise me. But in some scenarios my first plan isn't even to bug out but to visit some neighbours and see if we can organise a plan in the smallish area I'm in :0) It will all depend on what will be, so much of the reason for the spiritual development because I know the result of that answers many things (though for myself I'm still not quite where I'd like to be with that as yet).

However, what I'm thinking about isn't really alternative weapons, but more about ideas for say early warning signals to camp perimeter entry, or traps and ways to delay pursuit, or even like physcological ways to force situations where guns aren't that useful... It's an interesting think to consider mainly as for many situations it's gonna be better to try and avoid shooting I would think :)

From what Errrv said about his main roles as recon, any firefight could easily lead to being compromised due to being outnumbered and my likely initial situation for bugging out is being on my own so.....lol I don't see a big point in gettingi n one to start with.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 04:38:08 AM by Mark_75 »

1969quartz0

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 06:32:59 PM »
Mark without a gun I would say your best bet is to stay very low on the radar out of sight out of mind. I would not want to be caught in a SHTF situation unarmed, if someone over there was able to get a firearm and lots of ammo even from a shady fellow and then hide it until the apocalyptic times are here, that person would be a whole lot more likely to survive. But that person would have to weigh the risk of getting caught buying it. Maybe one could find a WWII vet willing to part with some items stored in a trunk. There are many vets in the states that have interesting trunks stowed I am sure UK vets had the same idea.

Willsorr75

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 10:55:24 AM »
Thanks for your reply P. I might talk to old mate at the army surplus about those possibilities...even just for hunting :)

I dunno though, there's a reason I don't want to rely on weapons apart from hand held and it's pretty deep feeling. I believe I'll be far more useful to someone else alive anyway lol. And I think this would be true of everyone here. There's the element that we don't know and the dimensions we can't see. I'm pretty sure we are meant to have faith in certains ways with certain knowledge (how to as Errrv says simply be able to get by with the land with the right knowledge). I know we've seen all the portrayal of chaos and yeah it wont surprise me. But in some scenarios my first plan isn't even to bug out but to visit some neighbours and see if we can organise a plan in the smallish area I'm in :0) It will all depend on what will be, so much of the reason for the spiritual development because I know the result of that answers many things (though for myself I'm still not quite where I'd like to be with that as yet).

However, what I'm thinking about isn't really alternative weapons, but more about ideas for say early warning signals to camp perimeter entry, or traps and ways to delay pursuit, or even like physcological ways to force situations where guns aren't that useful... It's an interesting think to consider mainly as for many situations it's gonna be better to try and avoid shooting I would think :)

From what Errrv said about his main roles as recon, any firefight could easily lead to being compromised due to being outnumbered and my likely initial situation for bugging out is being on my own so.....lol I don't see a big point in getting n one to start with.

My opinion, weapons (guns, knives, explosives, bows, etc) should definitely be a last resort, but it never hurts to have a weapon for a worse case scenario. The last thing anyone wants is to see a loved one or a child get hurt, and then know they could have prevented the incident if they had something to defend that person. In a SHTF situation there is always going to be someone depending on someone. No one, excluding Erv :), could live on their own successfully for an extended period of time. Just because I have a weapon doesn't mean I'll use it, but you better believe I'll use it if I think one of my children or my neighbor is in trouble. You have a better chance of survival with a weapon, and when you survive, those who depend on you have a better chance to survive as well. I think an alternative offense is definitely necessary as well.

I have faith I'm going to be hear for my family for a long time. I also hate spending money on things i do not see an immediate benefit from, but I pay monthly for life insurance. Because of that life insurance I'm able to clear my mind. A weapon is the same. You hope you never need, but if a situation warrants it, you sure are glad you have it....
Stay informed, information is our first line of defense!
-Will

JKB

• Members
  • Prolific Member
  • There is no spoon.
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 11:49:22 AM »
Mark,

You are a grown man and at the end of the day, it is your choice.  I have to tell you the truth though, I don't think going unarmed is wise.  It would be awesome if we lived in a world where we didn't need guns or locks on doors, and incidentally I think that world is coming, but it's not here yet.   The world is cold and dark and ugly and there are people everywhere that will take your things and leave you for dead.  And they won't think twice about it.  I live in California, so believe me, I understand having difficulty acquiring a firearm.  Ridiculous.  I hope you will reconsider.  If you don't, however, I totally agree with whoever suggested a crossbow.  I have one and I love it.  A cross bow is better than nothing.  At any rate, I wish you luck friend.  JKB
You have to let it all go Neo.  Fear, doubt, and disbelief...  Free your mind.

8hertz

• Lifetime
  • Prolific Member
  • pax
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 01:28:07 PM »
I am unarm and will start this new life unarm.  It no wonder nature is trying to rid earth of human kind. All we do is kill and protect ourselves.

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • literally, I've seen the end in a vision; DEADLY!
    • TEOMCROTE
Re: crossbows
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2017, 06:47:35 AM »
Mark,

You are a grown man and at the end of the day, it is your choice.  I have to tell you the truth though, I don't think going unarmed is wise.  It would be awesome if we lived in a world where we didn't need guns or locks on doors, and incidentally I think that world is coming, but it's not here yet.   The world is cold and dark and ugly and there are people everywhere that will take your things and leave you for dead.  And they won't think twice about it.  I live in California, so believe me, I understand having difficulty acquiring a firearm.  Ridiculous.  I hope you will reconsider.  If you don't, however, I totally agree with whoever suggested a crossbow.  I have one and I love it.  A cross bow is better than nothing.  At any rate, I wish you luck friend.  JKB
I totally agree.
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2017, 09:42:24 AM »
It no wonder nature is trying to rid earth of human kind. All we do is kill and protect ourselves.

The basic problem is the interference and control by the service-to-self extra-terrestrials and their human minions, the Dark Cabal.  Fortunately, they are all being eliminated from the Solar System, by both human "White Hats" (draining the swamp etc.) and service-to-other extra-terrestrials.  Long story with many chapters.

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
Re: humans supposedly evil
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2017, 12:45:51 PM »
It no wonder nature is trying to rid earth of human kind. All we do is kill and protect ourselves.
Alice Miller's decades of research shows how humans can easily become conditioned during infancy to become heartless. What's then left over is intellectual but not intelligent.

The Milgram Experiment shows that about 75% suffer from this debilitating trauma. However, it should be understood that just because the majority of people suffer from a psychological trauma, does not make their syndrome a natural human condition, just like the 80% expectancy to die of cancer or heart disease does not make it healthy or inherently human to do so.

Peter Kropotkin's years of research show what a natural human psychology should be like, for it shows how most creatures are inherently social thanks to the evolution that individuals that support each other fare better than solitary ones [like bears, spiders, most cats, etc.].

In the end, mankind is definitely not 'evil', like cancer patients are not healthy. Only ignorance of the facts and psychological research out there [in the mainstream, in best-selling publications, no less] could lead one to assume mankind is inherently suicidal and destructive. Oh, and of course if one suffers from this psychological trauma oneself, one would tend to jump to such conclusions...

Btw, the most important information one can carry with one to the backside of what's coming is the above, for if infants are duly cared for [i.e. with unconditional love and attention], they grow up to be intelligent, courageous and caring. The alternative is what we've seen happening over and over throughout the ages, with traumatized individuals treating babies like livestock that grow up to become belligerent callous adults that are inherently stupid, fear-based and cruel [no matter how they try to compensate by their intellectual endeavors]. This is by it's nature also a contagious malady, for those effected are not fine leaving well enough alone and actively spread their trauma far and wide.

Also, if one is forewarned against this process, one can also know what to expect from 'barbarians' and even how to turn their subhuman culture around...
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 12:59:38 PM by Socrates »
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2017, 03:00:58 PM »
Also, if one is forewarned against this process, one can also know what to expect from 'barbarians' and even how to turn their subhuman culture around...

Hi Socrates,

Regarding babies that have not received the nurturing they needed (see accounts of infants and children abandoned during the Balkan War of the 1990's and then adopted by young childless couples here in the U.S.), there is a danger that they may develop any of several personality disorders, such as antisocial PD, narcissistic PD, histrionic PD, etc., rooted in a primal injury that they may have received at one or more crucial early stages of development.  The complexes exist on a continuum, and we may all have at least a little bit of such injury giving us our personal quirks, as parenting is such an imperfect endeavor.    Even highly trained psychologists will admit to not looking forward to treating the most damaged of such individuals, as frustrating games can be expected, such as turning the tables on the counselor.  It takes a very strong and dedicated mentor capable of practicing "re-parenting" of the affected individual with a high degree of firmness with regard to boundaries and goal setting. 

Regarding the primal injury, personality theory says that the affected child has not felt "witnessed" by significant others, and so has not developed a solid sense of existing as a person.  He then is left on his own to create a carefully constructed scaffolding on which to attach his sense of self, hence the reason why a narcissist will melt down in the presence of any perceived blow to the shaky scaffolding.  Add onto this the possible co-morbidity of substance abuse and the situation becomes even more difficult to address.  It is learned survival behavior, and it is difficult to assign blame to the affected child-now-adult who behaves like a toddler, as he truly is still stuck in an early phase that he was never shown the way past.

While we need to hold these people in prayer with a compassion that will likely not be reciprocated, it is wise for those not committed to mentoring them to allow a wide berth by establishing firm boundaries for the well-being of yourself and your household.  Difficult to do, as these individuals themselves often, paradoxically end up in the very "helping" professions that presumably are the foundations of civilized society (psychology, medicine, clergy, etc.). 

So when you advocate turning their subhuman culture around, it may not be advisable to try doing this on a sociopath's own turf.  May be best for your own well-being to just manage your own corner of the world in a better, more nurturing way, and not become enmeshed in situations and institutions that present opportunities for your energy to be drained down by the most seriously damaged individuals.  A Power greater than ourselves alone will heal them on another timeline. 

Regarding situations in which we may seemingly be stuck with a sociopath: Greg Braden says that in this case Universe may be using the troubled individual as a mirror to guide us through a lesson, and that once the Universe's purpose is achieved and we have learned the lesson, these individuals will just dissolve out of our lives.  Not always the case for people who are trapped, such as children who have not yet reached the age of majority. 

However for adults with self-determination, our wisdom texts instruct us on how to divest ourselves of ego in favor of preserving our health and freedom, even to the extent of abandoning a position of honor that we may have worked hard to earn, escaping with the least amount of personal damage from interfacing with such a person.  Examples: "If someone asks you for your shirt, give him your coat,"  "Turn the other cheek," "Come out of her my people," "Flee...," "Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life," and so forth.

Besides the APA's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual, I highly recommend a good reading of Dr. Sam Vaknin's work on the web - he is a self-avowed narcissicist with a tragic upbringing, who has shared a great gift of coherently allowing us a glimpse into the inner workings of the personality disordered mind.  Another book worth reading is The Sociopath Next Door.

You're so right that the backside presents us an opportunity to do better for future generations :)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 04:13:58 PM by R.R. Book »

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
Re: a human basecamp
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2017, 08:15:12 PM »
one can also know ... how to turn their subhuman culture around...
So when you advocate turning their subhuman culture around, it may not be advisable to try doing this on a sociopath's own turf.  May be best for your own well-being to just manage your own corner of the world in a better, more nurturing way, and not become enmeshed in situations and institutions that present opportunities for your energy to be drained down by the most seriously damaged individuals.  A Power greater than ourselves alone will heal them on another timeline. 

You're so right that the backside presents us an opportunity to do better for future generations :)
Exactly!
Actually, i had something in mind in the order of sending out help for as many barbarian newborns as your own society can handle and in that way stopping traumatized children from coming into being and flooding said society with empathetic adults over time.
In fact, it is all about a pinch of prevention being worth a pound of cure for actually healing a person with this primal trauma is usually not possible (given the traumatized culture they're stuck dealing with daily).

They don't melt away, though. The traumatized are drawn to healthy individuals like magnets. Mankind does not have a choice but to face the human potential for madness head-on. One can't hide from this; imagine you had hid yourself away in the Amazon for centuries, only to now see it cut down around you because the barbarians have taken over the entire Earth. That is the history of our day but i'm pretty sure it's exactly what happened before the last TEOTWAWKI happened, which is why that generation, too, went quietly [i.e. suicidally] into the night...

Concerning aliens, they are likely consciously stimulating this process. (There's no way they don't know about it after billions of years...) That way they're able to keep a large portion of the population traumatized and vulnerable, why the rest are stuck dealing with them [a little like how malaria destroys entire regions because families are forced to tend to sick family members, which stops them from achieving enough success to ever escape their cycle of poverty].
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 10:38:16 PM by Socrates »
survival database

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2017, 04:15:06 AM »
Hi Socrates,

You're right that one can't completely get away from their damage to the planet.  Just re-iterating the "3 B's" of self-defense: Boundaries, Boundaries, Boundaries :)

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2017, 12:05:24 PM »
Hi Socrates,

You're right that one can't completely get away from their damage to the planet.  Just re-iterating the "3 B's" of self-defense: Boundaries, Boundaries, Boundaries :)
This post might belong in the dream topic, but it's relevant to this as well.

I had about three to four dreams in the recent past in which I was presented with a gun, or told to get a gun, or encouraged to find a gun, and told to keep a gun.  In real life, I'm not a "gun nut", nor am I all for "gun confiscation", but the insistence of these dreams, including two where my deceased parents were presenting me with one (all wrapped up), have said it might be wise to follow the dreams.

Especially since some people do not respect boundaries!

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
Re: boundaries
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2017, 01:31:44 PM »
since some people do not respect boundaries!
Most do not, and that's on a good day...
survival database

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Premier Limited Edition
Offer Ends July 31, 2016

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Survival Seed Vault

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!