Author Topic: Pennsylvania community thread  (Read 993 times)

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Pennsylvania community thread
« on: March 06, 2017, 04:22:44 PM »
Hi, Are there any Pennsylvanians out there who might want to chat about preparing in our location? 

We have strengths and weaknesses here. 

Strengths:
Fertile soil
Amish neighbors
Strong families
Southernmost tip of stable New England bedrock
Legal home schooling under the PA Religious Freedom Act of 2004

Weaknesses:
Proximity to nuclear power plants
Proximity of farms to multiple cities
Proximity to large bodies of water

The nuclear power plant drawback seemed insurmountable, until I began to read here and there about the possibility of using colloidal gold as radio-protection.  A thread here references a physics formula that proves gold carries 90% the radio-protectivity of lead: http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/archive/index.php/t-239348.html

I found 20 gauge .999 fine gold wire on Ebay, and am experimenting with it.

Any thoughts?

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Pennsylvania community thread
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 12:29:49 AM »
R.R. Book, welcome to the Planet X Town Hall!
I have had my eye on PA for awhile. I'd say as long as not near fracking or karst areas, seems like a good place.
I sorta like the relative elevation of State College, Altoona.
Are you anywhere near there?
All The Best,
Barb Townsend

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 12:30:48 AM »
R.R. Book, I hope you get some replies.
We seem to get a lot of page views and not so many posts.
Hoping that will change soon. :)

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 03:33:30 PM »
Hi, Are there any Pennsylvanians out there who might want to chat about preparing in our location? 

We have strengths and weaknesses here. 

Strengths:
Fertile soil
Amish neighbors
Strong families
Southernmost tip of stable New England bedrock
Legal home schooling under the PA Religious Freedom Act of 2004

Weaknesses:
Proximity to nuclear power plants
Proximity of farms to multiple cities
Proximity to large bodies of water

The nuclear power plant drawback seemed insurmountable, until I began to read here and there about the possibility of using colloidal gold as radio-protection.  A thread here references a physics formula that proves gold carries 90% the radio-protectivity of lead: http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/archive/index.php/t-239348.html

I found 20 gauge .999 fine gold wire on Ebay, and am experimenting with it.

Any thoughts?
Hi and welcome to the TH.

Have not heard of that gold wire being used to shield from radioactivity, so let us know what you find.  Very intriguing.

In the course I took, learning about working with, and dealing with radionuclides, whether for therapy, diagnosis, or accidental exposure, the three things that are important are :  TIME, DISTANCE, and SHIELDING.

The time you are exposed to whatever it is/they are is important.
The distance you are from it is also critical.
Shielding is something you can ponder a lot, when thinking about protecting oneself from accidental exposure, for example a nuclear power plant going critical.

Distance, when talking about an alpha emitter (that emits only alpha), can be rather short because the range of the alpha particles is rather short.  But for gamma and beta emitters, it's a different picture.

I'm guessing that many of the various radionuclides that may come with nuclear power are emitters of more than one type of particle, so you'd want to have a much distance as possible from it/them, and as much or as heavy as possible shielding as well.  And you'd want to minimize your time exposed.

Someone mentioned in the link about soil piled up on or against a barrier wall would be OK.  It's true.  A thin layer of soil wouldn't do much, but pile up several feet against a wall or all the walls, and all you would need to do would be reinforce the ceiling or roof.  Lots to ponder when locating near a nuke plant.  Good luck and keep us posted!

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 05:42:14 PM »
Yes! Keep us posted, R.R. Book. :)

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 09:53:07 AM »
Thanks for thoughtful replies Barb and Ilinda! 

Barb, Altoona is a beautiful and sparsely populated area that abounds with natural resources.  Unfortunately, our homestead is east of there, with a greater population even though we're in Amish farm country. 

Ilinda, There is a nuclear power plant 30 miles away from us and another one 67 miles away.  As we're currently being bombarded with increasing amounts of radiation from space and Fukushima, I'm hoping that earth can adapt to greater radiation in our environment as the "new normal."  It's difficult to envision the aftertimes populated with humans in radiation suits, doing all their gardening indoors.  Am hoping that gold nanoparticles can be used to satisfy one of your safety protocols, Shielding, via internal protection of each individual cell, rather than by external measures.  Am alternatively hoping that radiation will either (1) have no effect on or (2) have a transforming effect on us as the new species of human that those in the aftertimes are prophesied to become.

From what I've read, making colloidal gold is nearly as simple as making a silver colloid, which many of this board's members have probably already tried as a natural antibiotic.  The key difference seems to lie in the precaution taken by some to cap off the ends of the gold nanoparticles using a simple additive such as sugar, in order to prevent the molecules from attaching themselves to oxidants within the body.  You can get on Youtube for demonstrations such as this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE2hVh7iJvY.  I'm not sure that it even needs to be that complicated, as making colloidal silver doesn't require all that equipment.  See my post in the comment section here for details on making a silver solution: http://planetxnews.com/2017/01/20/emergency-survival-medicine-planet-x-nibiru/

Apologies if we've accidentally mixed topics here!

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2017, 03:36:33 PM »

Barb, Altoona is a beautiful and sparsely populated area that abounds with natural resources.  Unfortunately, our homestead is east of there, with a greater population even though we're in Amish farm country. 

Ilinda, There is a nuclear power plant 30 miles away from us and another one 67 miles away.  As we're currently being bombarded with increasing amounts of radiation from space and Fukushima, I'm hoping that earth can adapt to greater radiation in our environment as the "new normal."  It's difficult to envision the aftertimes populated with humans in radiation suits, doing all their gardening indoors.  Am hoping that gold nanoparticles can be used to satisfy one of your safety protocols, Shielding, via internal protection of each individual cell, rather than by external measures.  Am alternatively hoping that radiation will either (1) have no effect on or (2) have a transforming effect on us as the new species of human that those in the aftertimes are prophesied to become.

From what I've read, making colloidal gold is nearly as simple as making a silver colloid, which many of this board's members have probably already tried as a natural antibiotic.  The key difference seems to lie in the precaution taken by some to cap off the ends of the gold nanoparticles using a simple additive such as sugar, in order to prevent the molecules from attaching themselves to oxidants within the body.  You can get on Youtube for demonstrations such as this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE2hVh7iJvY.  I'm not sure that it even needs to be that complicated, as making colloidal silver doesn't require all that equipment.  See my post in the comment section here for details on making a silver solution: http://planetxnews.com/2017/01/20/emergency-survival-medicine-planet-x-nibiru/

R.R. Book, it looks like you have posted a lot of useful data here!
Please continue to share all you know and if you like, how the methods are working on you.
We have the Survivalist Heal Thyself board too...
Again, thanks, and welcome!
Barb townsend

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2017, 04:43:53 PM »

There are even some homeopathic remedies that have been used for exposure to ionizing radiation, the names of which I'm not familiar, but I've read that, so good to keep that in mind.  A search might be in order. 

If you know the direction of prevailing winds, as well as direction of the two nuke plants from you, it might help you in your planning. For example if one is east of you, I assume it would be less worrisome than one that would be southwest of you, as that one would presumably have emissions coming exactly your way.  And of course with Fukushima's still-ongoing crisis, we might be more harmed by Fuku than something local.