Author Topic: When the SHTF – Off-Grid Author Rich Scheben  (Read 1173 times)

admin

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • “Chance favors the prepared mind."—Louis Pasteur
    • Your Own World USA
When the SHTF – Off-Grid Author Rich Scheben
« on: May 14, 2017, 11:38:47 PM »
Off-grid author Rich Scheben makes a strong case for why middle-class American’s need to be more self-sufficient. The author of One New York Man’s Journey to Off Grid Living in Montana, he’s a man on a mission.  To explain to folks in the middle class who have seen a reversal of fortunes due to the greed of those bent on running our economy into the ground.

I met Rich in the process of organizing my 2nd reconnaissance to Montana this year.  Last year during my first reconnaissance to the Whitefish, Kalispell area, my boots on the ground survey of the area shocked me.  Many feel this is an excellent area for survival relocation. What I saw is an awful death trap, and I’m going to explain why during this interview.

Also, I’ve been quietly beavering away on my current project, Two Suns in the Sky.  This 3-part series is not about validation.  In other words, proving that the Planet X system exists and that it’s coming.  By now, you get it, or you don’t.  If you get it, you’ll love what I’m doing with this three part audio and video book series with a printed transcript when it becomes available.

Listen for Free on cttcRadio.com
http://cttcradio.com

MadMax

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: When the SHTF – Off-Grid Author Rich Scheben
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 11:17:24 AM »
A word of “caution” from Major Ed Dames about those that think they have created the “ultimate survival location” …

Re: Personal sanctuary clients (RV Geofix)
It is interesting to observe that very many notable bankers, oligarchs and 'elite' have already hunkered down in extremely fortified 'safe locations' -- protected (they believe) from perceived life-threatening exigencies on the immediate time horizon.

Interesting, also, (from an expert RV perspective) that most all of them are doomed to (prematurely) end their days in those 'logically survivable' locations. What a shame...

Nominally 80% of my personal sanctuary clients have already relocated. You 20 percenters need to, once more, reconsider the effects of infrastructure (and economic) collapse -- particularly grid down, nuclear radiation effects, martial law. There's still a little time remaining to decide, and act.

"Major Doom"

Max.
"Ignorance is Bliss" - (Agent Smith the first Matrix Movie)

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 04:58:37 PM »
Off-grid author Rich Scheben makes a strong case for why middle-class American’s need to be more self-sufficient. The author of One New York Man’s Journey to Off Grid Living in Montana, he’s a man on a mission.  To explain to folks in the middle class who have seen a reversal of fortunes due to the greed of those bent on running our economy into the ground.

I met Rich in the process of organizing my 2nd reconnaissance to Montana this year.  Last year during my first reconnaissance to the Whitefish, Kalispell area, my boots on the ground survey of the area shocked me.  Many feel this is an excellent area for survival relocation. What I saw is an awful death trap, and I’m going to explain why during this interview.

Also, I’ve been quietly beavering away on my current project, Two Suns in the Sky.  This 3-part series is not about validation.  In other words, proving that the Planet X system exists and that it’s coming.  By now, you get it, or you don’t.  If you get it, you’ll love what I’m doing with this three part audio and video book series with a printed transcript when it becomes available.

Listen for Free on cttcRadio.com
http://cttcradio.com
Interestingly, one of my dear friends moved back to Montana five years ago, to the area near Kalispell where they lived about 20 years ago.  We are still in contact, and BTW she is an aware person, not only of PX but of many other related topics. 

She told me of a vivid dream she had about a year ago in which she was told during the dream that "if you can hide from 'the REAPERS', you will survive."  She was not exactly sure what the reapers are but having read a lot of Sitchin, and other more recent things, she has some ideas.  She also said the dream was so intense that she felt somewhat nauseous when she awoke, due to the nature of the dream and the question of the "reapers".

matrixsojourner

• IDIC
    • The Future Resistance is Now Wordpress Blog
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 06:41:34 PM »
For some reason I immediately pictured the Wraith during a culling as seen on Stargate Atlantis. Gave me a foreboding feeling.
Live long and prosper.

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 07:34:45 PM »
Marshall's question of what could be done with a $500 discretionary fund to prepare essentially went beggared, but the emphasis on community was commendable. 

Young person or older, assuming no familial ties to a farming community, I might suggest seeking a position as a caretaker on a rural facility of some kind (farmhand, tour guide, remote resort hospitality, park ranger, lifeguard, gear rental, volunteer firefighter in a safe town away from a large body of water).  Advantages to this:
1. an income, or in the situation of volunteering, likely a foot in the door to a paying job somewhere in the community
2. housing and meals possibly already provided by the workplace
3. natural resources at close range, and skills/networking being developed on the job
4. some distance from dense populations
5. such remote facilities, especially hospitality-oriented ones, are often already well prepped for emergencies and have already experienced shorter-term ones

As for prioritizing the $500 (prices were sourced from Google Shopping and include shipping where not broadly obtainable locally):
1. $50 (10%) back to a charity in the community that took you in (pre-SHTF), as well as physical participation in the community both before and after SHTF
2. $20 colloidal silver generator from Etsy, to be shared with neighbors
3. $5 5 gallons distilled water (or Socrates' Dollar Store distiller)
4. $4 2-lb. bag of Bob's Red Mill sea salt or equivalent
5. $2 aluminum pocket fishing rod and reel
6. $2 fishing lure kit
7. $1 500m nylon fishing line
8. $6 Lugol's 2% iodine solution
9. $20 Brahma or Texas Steer workboots
10. $10 4 pairs of Dickies steel-toe socks
11. $5 for 7 pairs of Fruit of the Loom underwear
12. $27 for 2 pairs gently used overalls
13. $15 for 3 Faded Glory flannel shirts
14. $5 for 3 long sleeve Fruit of the Loom thermal shirts
15. $6 for 3 Fruit of the Loom T shirts
16. $55 Columbia Flash Forward water resistant down-filled coat
17. $1 rain poncho
18. $5 for one pair of Global, Northflex or Galeton waterproof insulated gloves
19. $30 hand cranked lantern-flashlight combo with siren, radio and mobile charger
20. $16 four young hens to be free ranged within your sight by day and kept inside with you at night; you'll get at least 2 eggs a day for a few years.  If you substitute a drake and 3 duck hens, you'll get eggs longer, plus a younger generation of ducks to take over laying.  Don't get a rooster for the hens if you want to keep a low profile.
22. $0 large cardboard box cut down to 2' high, can house the hens in your shelter location at night with leaf litter and a container of water.  Share bits of your forage food with them while indoors.
23. $25 medium sized live animal trap
24. $4 Colgate Sensitive toothbrush with Pro-Argin enamel repair/sensitivity relief pen
25. $30 for 4 Spring Valley Vitamin C 500 mg 250 ct (2) twin packs=10 year supply if taken every other day
26. $48 for 20 Nature's Bounty Calcium, Magnesium and Zinc 100 ea= 10 year supply if taken every other day
27. $45 for 18 Ondra multi-vitamin 100 ct to be taken every other day for 10 years.
28. $7 for 1' .999 fine silver jewelers wire cut in half
29. $5 for 5 lb. food grade diatomaceous earth from any feed supply, put a pinch in or on foraged hen food at least every few days to prevent worms in eggs
30. $3 for 3 generic Vicks
31. $7 for a 13.5 pound bag of baking soda
32. $2 first aid kit
33. $2 needle and thread
34. $5 ferro-rod fire starter
35. $10 multi-tool pocket knife
36. $9 for 1 pound sunchoke potato seed to begin a garden using the hen/leaf litter
37. $3 for faux fur winter cap with ear flaps on Ebay
38. $5 for butterbur garden seed (perpetual antihistimines)
39. $5 army surplus mess kit

Discussion? (Y'all please check my math; it's an hour past  my bedtime!)

« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 09:01:56 AM by R.R. Book »

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 05:38:38 PM »
Wow, a lot of thought went into that!  Thanks for opening people's eyes -- people who are no doubt overwhelmed right now.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2017, 06:47:33 PM »
Marshall's question of what could be done with a $500 discretionary fund to prepare essentially went beggared, but the emphasis on community was commendable. 

Young person or older, assuming no familial ties to a farming community, I might suggest seeking a position as a caretaker on a rural facility of some kind (farmhand, tour guide, remote resort hospitality, park ranger, lifeguard, gear rental, volunteer firefighter in a safe town away from a large body of water).  Advantages to this:
1. an income, or in the situation of volunteering, likely a foot in the door to a paying job somewhere in the community
2. housing and meals possibly already provided by the workplace
3. natural resources at close range, and skills/networking being developed on the job
4. some distance from dense populations
5. such remote facilities, especially hospitality-oriented ones, are often already well prepped for emergencies and have already experienced shorter-term ones

As for prioritizing the $500 (prices were sourced from Google Shopping and include shipping where not broadly obtainable locally):
1. $50 (10%) back to a charity in the community that took you in (pre-SHTF), as well as physical participation in the community both before and after SHTF
2. $20 colloidal silver generator from Etsy, to be shared with neighbors
3. $5 5 gallons distilled water (or Socrates' Dollar Store distiller)
4. $4 2-lb. bag of Bob's Red Mill sea salt or equivalent
5. $2 aluminum pocket fishing rod and reel
6. $2 fishing lure kit
7. $1 500m nylon fishing line
8. $6 Lugol's 2% iodine solution
9. $20 Brahma or Texas Steer workboots
10. $10 4 pairs of Dickies steel-toe socks
11. $5 for 7 pairs of Fruit of the Loom underwear
12. $27 for 2 pairs gently used overalls
13. $15 for 3 Faded Glory flannel shirts
14. $5 for 3 long sleeve Fruit of the Loom thermal shirts
15. $6 for 3 Fruit of the Loom T shirts
16. $55 Columbia Flash Forward water resistant down-filled coat
17. $1 rain poncho
18. $5 for one pair of Global, Northflex or Galeton waterproof insulated gloves
19. $30 hand cranked lantern-flashlight combo with siren, radio and mobile charger
20. $16 four young hens to be free ranged within your sight by day and kept inside with you at night; you'll get at least 2 eggs a day for a few years.  If you substitute a drake and 3 duck hens, you'll get eggs longer, plus a younger generation of ducks to take over laying.  Don't get a rooster for the hens if you want to keep a low profile.
22. $0 large cardboard box cut down to 2' high, can house the hens in your shelter location at night with leaf litter and a container of water.  Share bits of your forage food with them while indoors.
23. $25 medium sized live animal trap
24. $4 Colgate Sensitive toothbrush with Pro-Argin enamel repair/sensitivity relief pen
25. $30 for 4 Spring Valley Vitamin C 500 mg 250 ct (2) twin packs=10 year supply if taken every other day
26. $48 for 20 Nature's Bounty Calcium, Magnesium and Zinc 100 ea= 10 year supply if taken every other day
27. $45 for 18 Ondra multi-vitamin 100 ct to be taken every other day for 10 years.
28. $7 for 1' .999 fine silver jewelers wire cut in half
29. $5 for 5 lb. food grade diatomaceous earth from any feed supply, put a pinch in or on foraged hen food at least every few days to prevent worms in eggs
30. $3 for 3 generic Vicks
31. $7 for a 13.5 pound bag of baking soda
32. $2 first aid kit
33. $2 needle and thread
34. $5 ferro-rod fire starter
35. $10 multi-tool pocket knife
36. $9 for 1 pound sunchoke potato seed to begin a garden using the hen/leaf litter
37. $3 for faux fur winter cap with ear flaps on Ebay
38. $5 for butterbur garden seed (perpetual antihistimines)
39. $5 army surplus mess kit

Discussion? (Y'all please check my math; it's an hour past  my bedtime!)

Interesting list! Well if you are over $500, it's not by much. :)