Yowbarb - SURVIVING the CHANGES > Surviving on the Move

Desperate times may call for desperate measures - finding food

(1/11) > >>

Yowbarb:
Food Glorious Food posted on the Razor's Edge site,

- Yowbarb
===================================================================
Forget about a shiny new sports car, or a new X-Box, food and clean drinking water is your primary concern. Your only going to last about three days without water, and your not going to be very effective at defending yourself on an empty stomach. Fortunately for you there are a number of ways to get what you need to survive.

Large Stores (Wall-Mart type)

The obvious first choice when looking for food and water. Depending on how the apocalypse happened will determine how you go about searching stores. If the end came about through a plague for example you won

Icon:
Thanks a lot Barb,, now I will have to fight off the other Survivor Town Hall members :P :P,,,

Yowbarb:
Oh well 
 :D

Equiano:
Great topic to get going! Practical advice is always useful. your right about warehouses in particular, certainly here in the UK food warehouses tend to be located on anonymous industrial estates just out of town in anonymous grey buildings indistinguishable from the factory unit next door....so one would not look at them and immediately think food!......Also local knowledge would come into the equation, most people would not know where their local food distribution warehouse is. The staff who work there on the other hand....Any body else have any useful nuggets of information....because I'm filling all of these for future reference!
Thanx guys!  ;)

Yowbarb:

--- Quote from: Equiano on February 18, 2010, 03:30:01 PM ---Great topic to get going! Practical advice is always useful. your right about warehouses in particular, certainly here in the UK food warehouses tend to be located on anonymous industrial estates just out of town in anonymous grey buildings indistinguishable from the factory unit next door....so one would not look at them and immediately think food!......Also local knowledge would come into the equation, most people would not know where their local food distribution warehouse is. The staff who work there on the other hand....Any body else have any useful nuggets of information....because I'm filling all of these for future reference!
Thanx guys!  ;)

--- End quote ---

Equiano, I agree it would be good to have as much info as possible...

All The Best,

Yowbarb

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version