Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: Video: When The Medicine Is Gone: How To Use Herbal Medicine  (Read 2668 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Video: When The Medicine Is Gone: How To Use Herbal Medicine
« on: January 23, 2014, 06:03:30 PM »
Part of The Survival Summit going on. This free, good until 0900 PST, tomorrow

http://thesurvivalsummit.com/when-the-medicine-is-gone-how-to-use-herbal-medicine-as-a-replacement-for-many-drugs-prescription-medications/

When The Medicine Is Gone: How To Use Herbal Medicine As A Replacement For Many Drugs & Prescription Medications

Sam Coffman

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Video: When The Medicine Is Gone: How To Use Herbal Medicine
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 08:22:37 AM »
REMINDER: Only about 45 minutes left to view a Survival Summit video, free Day 4.
I advise, use the link below. Manually advance the video time bar, skip the interviewers entirely, get the main points. That's what I am about to do.

DAY # 4 of free presentations from The Survival Summit

http://thesurvivalsummit.com/day-4/

I recommend viewing:  http://thesurvivalsummit.com/when-the-medicine-is-gone-how-to-use-herbal-medicine-as-a-replacement-for-many-drugs-prescription-medications/

When The Medicine Is Gone: How To Use Herbal Medicine As A Replacement For Many Drugs & Prescription Medications

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 09:35:34 AM »
Apparently if you started a video before the cutoff point (noon EST) the video will play on. I hope some of you watched it... Getting some good info...

Sam Coffman
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 09:41:03 AM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 10:57:29 AM »
Day #4 of the Survival Summit is over. This video not available, not past 0900 PST,
I will post up some screen capture posts. ALSO:

For more info go to  Sam Coffman's site:  The Human Path  http://thehumanpath.com/

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 05:37:33 PM »
This is a little story about a skin condition I had last year that I healed on my own.  Not liking to go to allopathic doctors, I decided to self-treat.
Initially I did not remember using any herbs when I mentioned this to yowbarb, but upon looking at my detailed notes, I found I DID use herbal medicine.  Here's my story:

On around June 20, 2013, I awoke and saw a huge swath of red, swollen tissue in a band formation on my left arm, more on the inner arm about half-way between elbow and wrist.  By the end of the day it was in blisters.   I assumed it was poison ivy as I work outdoors in the garden a lot, and am outside with the goats as well.  Since these lesions never itched but continued to "get worse", I decided it was not poison ivy as I have NEVER had poison ivy that did not itch.

Over the course of 7 or more days, the lesions continued to evolve, and I began to search the internet, and decided I possibly had flesh-eating bacterial infection on my skin.  I thought back to what could have touched the previously unbroken skin, and did remember I had gone to the river with some friends a day or two prior to first noticing the lesions, and I held and carried several bags and other containers with that left arm, and the lesions arose where I had held the items.

After scouring the internet I compiled a list of the signs and symptoms that I had and they matched most of those of flesh-eating bacterial infection or more correctly,  necrotizing fascitis due to bacterial infection.  The symptoms include: PAIN, SWELLING, REDNESS, BLISTERS, ULCERATION, SKIN BECOMES PURPLE, SKIN TEMPERATURE ELEVATED, and RED STREAKS emanating from the lesions.  I had all of these and notice that itching is not listed, nor did I have it.  It hurt so bad I felt like someone had held my arm to a hot stove.  After a few days the largest blister broke; the redness increased, and eventually the pain began to subside.  One of the larger areas had ulcerated to the point of resembling a volcanic crater, and that is when I decided I'd better treat this.  I carefully studied the signs and symptoms and because I did not have the nausea and vomiting, indicating a systemic infection, I decided to self treat.

Looking in Stephen H. Buhner's book, HERBAL ANTIBIOTICS, I decided to take Usnea tea.  I went walking and found some within a short time as I'm already familiar with it and know it is usually seen on Honey Locust trees, and some others, but I can usually easily find it on the H. Locust.  In addition to the Usnea tea, I had already been taking extra cod liver oil (for the extra vitamin D), extra raw yogurt, as well as aloe vera and honey.  Everything I took was internal, although the temptation was to use aloe vera ON the skin, but I didn't want to cover it up in the event it needs to "breathe".  I also did this:  every day I take the doe goats out for their walk for 2-3 hours, and during this time I made certain my afflicted arm was always facing the sun as I wanted all the vitamin D I could absorb.

Attached are two almost identical photos.  This was good practice (and am lucky it was not systemic) as we might not always have the option of consulting a doctor.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 01:33:52 PM »
ilinda, somehow I missed your post. Very interesting.
I am sending you a private message, a question...
- Yowbarb

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 08:12:57 AM »
ilinda - just to let you know I appreciate your posts here sooo much - and the sharing of vital information! I passed the post on to Marshall, his researcher and Endtimesgal. All of us are interested in survival medicine for the Aftertime (and for now.)  :)
Thanks for the follow up messages, too.  ;)
- Barb T.

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2014, 08:35:28 AM »
Here is the "after" photo, almost a year late!  As I mentioned to yowbarb, hopefully next time something unusual happens I'll have the presence of mind to take serial photos.
Oops, it's a little blurry.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2014, 08:43:25 AM »
ilinda, this is great. You did something great in finding a cure for yourself. Wonderful to have some info on how to help treat someone. Such a terrible scary condition...good for people to know there is definitely hope.
- Barb Townsend

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!