« Last post by Carefree on Today at 06:40:05 PM »
So who is the Micheal Snyder guy? His books looks pretty interesting too...
We moved to rural western PA in 2009 just as the gas landmen descended upon our county. People were signing leases for thousands of dollars and had no idea what they were getting into. It took us three years to buy a farm here because the land prices went from an average of $4,000 per acre to $10,000 over night. In 2011 I really became involved as a fracking activist when our public school district began considering a lease. For 6 months dozens of parents spoke at school board meetings, but in the end, and with over 50 people crowded in the room in protest of a lease, the school board went ahead and voted to approve the lease anyway.
Since then I have been a full time (unpaid) fracking activist in PA. I have been heavily involved with many of our states organizations and personally know many of the people who have been impacted. It's a disaster.
I am writing because I want you to know there is hope. Many communities are fighting back and winning. We have had HUGE victories in the past year and now with depressed gas prices new well development has slowed to a crawl in most of the country.
My township, which hosts an old order Amish community, was almost entirely leased about 20 years ago with shallow gas wells. These shallow gas wells, if still producing, are "locked in production" meaning they will be subject to the newer non-conventional gas requiring huge infrastructure projects for this highly industrial process. This community was a sitting duck and I was not about to let me survival location be destroyed by this industry. See http://archive.onearth.org/articles/2013/01/when-fracking-hits-amish-country
Act 13, was passed by PA governor Tom Corbett in 2012. It was a horrible law and one of the worst provisions essentially stripped all local municipalities of their right to use zoning to regulate gas development, but it was over turned by our supreme court in December 2013. It took a while, but communities have finally learned how to use this decision in their favor, and last summer I began a campaign to pressure our township officials to enact tougher zoning ordinances for oil and gas development.
And we did it! In November 2014, at a public hearing to approve the first draft of the revisions, the president of the Marcellus Shale Coalition and two gas industry representatives tried to bully our supervisors and were vehemently opposed to the new ordinance. "The president of the Marcellus Shale Coalition said to the supervisors, "so what you are telling us is the Wilmington is NOT open for business," to which the supervisor replied, "well yes, I guess we are." One township official who had been in favor of this new development told me that after that night, "if we were against them before, we are now."
Our planning commissioners are in process of working on a second revision which should be done this summer. Several other communities are also challenging their township superiors and dozens of lawsuits have been filed. People are fighting back and we are making progress.
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."
« Last post by Yowbarb on Today at 05:28:11 PM »
SUBSIDING CHANCE OF STORMS: Earth is exiting a stream of solar wind that sparked bright auroras around the Arctic Circle on March 1st and 2nd. NOAA forecasters estimate a 55% chance of geomagnetic storms on March 3rd, subsiding to 45% on March 4th.
« Last post by ilinda on Today at 04:53:44 PM »
This wild food needs no recipe actually. It is wintercress and is a broccoli relative. I try to locate the various plants in late fall or any time in winter so that when it snows I will know exactly where some are. This came in handy this year.
Now that snow is here and not going away for a while I decided to rake away the snow and find one. Sure enough there it is, under snow and ice, still green and ready to harvest. It would not take too many leaves to make a salad. I suppose some people will steam it, but I eat it raw, on the go, or in a salad.
Note that snow, ice, and cold temperatures do not bother it. Now THAT is a survival food. It will start to get bitter in the spring and then send up a stalk with flowers, then seeds. Harvest while weather is cold.
« Last post by ilinda on Today at 04:39:55 PM »
Could this be another foreshadowing article for us to prepare....It certainly reads like one, doesn't it?
My vote is "yes" for foreshadowing, especially when the article says:
Personally, I am not that concerned about a potential Canary Island event creating a giant tsunami.
I am much, much more concerned about what would happen if a giant meteor were to hit the Atlantic Ocean."
For anyone not aware of this, we need to add oil and gas plays as a factor in our locations. I can't find the word "play" as a noun in the dictionary. It is an area where there is oil or gas under shale.. nearest I can define it. There are all kinds of lawsuits and countersuits going on and it has been for years. From what I see in a brief overview, the major oil companies are winning out. Surprise, surprise. Please note: Oil and gas plays does not necessarily mean fracking already going on there, (I think) but the possibility. - YowbarbHere's a stray thought. In looking at that map of the U.S. showing the "plays", I was a bit disappointed to see about the entire state of Michigan is underlain by a shale play. OTOH, you mentioned just having that geology does not necessarily mean fracking is occurring.
Here's what I "feel" about Michigan. I have no idea about flooding if Miss. River opens up, etc., etc., but I'll tell you that in all the years I've been having the quaking visions, visions which often occur whether I'm at home or traveling, I have noticed that when I was going regularly every summer to visit friends in Michigan, any quaking/shaking vision while there would be more like shuddering. I never had the violent and unbelievably wild shaking visions in Michigan like I have in Missouri. Those in St. Louis are as bad as those I see here. But Michican seemed mild. Not sure what it means, and maybe this should all be in a PM! But Michigan might be worth investigating, aside from flooding issues which I cannot address. And who knows about fracking.
BTW, it was Tustin, MI we were visiting every year for a while.
Thanks for posting the maps. Very interesting.
PS Note from Barb I had posted previously about oil and gas shale plays, a more complete definition of the word "plays" and the same location map.
Find Your Survival Place (Read 16814 times) Find Your Survival Place
« Reply #180 on: July 17, 2014, 04:09:54 PM »
For anyone not aware of this, we need to add oil and gas plays as a factor in our locations. I can't find the word "play" as a noun in the dictionary. It is an area where there is oil or gas under shale.. nearest I can define it. There are all kinds of lawsuits and countersuits going on and it has been for years. From what I see in a brief overview, the major oil companies are winning out. Surprise, surprise. Please note: Oil and gas plays does not necessarily mean fracking already going on there, (I think) but the possibility. - Yowbarb
« Last post by Jimfarmer on Today at 09:08:20 AM »
I suppose this could come under the heading of disinformation since the theory being presented is Nibiru only coming around every 26 million years
Well, for a start, both members of any binary star system orbit around a common center of mass, and they stay on opposite sides of that center. The Zetas say that our Sun does have a binary partner, a brown dwarf, and that the period of revolution is 25920 years. That movement causes the Precession of the Equinoxes.
But then, two star pairs (or higher multiples) can orbit around their center of mass, and indeed pairs (or higher multiples) of whole galaxies can revolve around a common center of mass. (I am sure that many do). So, there could be a 26 million year cycle involving some other star also.
ilinda, thanks...after many many hours I thought I had found the region ... only to find fracking wells are there. Afraid I wasn't paying enough attention to this situation and of course, I am not alone. These guys are ruining our country...ilinda, I appreciate your reply. It didn't occur to me until recently some people reading might be neck deep in the fracking industry...You have every reason to be concerned. There is so much fracking going on, plus so many, many proposals to frack more, that is IS hard to find somewhere where they are not operating or trying to frack. It's awful. That is how desparate the gas and oil industry is--they know the oil they have conventionally drilled for is not going to last long and they are reaching out in their death spiral, to grasp onto something, anything, they can drill and destroy in the process. They really do not care what happens to the air, water or land.
Paragraph of the day:
A well blowout in Clearfield County, Pennsylvania on June 3, 2010, sent more than 35,000 gallons of hydraulic fracturing fluids into the air and onto the surrounding landscape in a forested area. Campers were evacuated and the company EOG Resources and the well completion company C.C. Forbes were ordered to cease all operations in the state of Pennsylvania pending investigation. The Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection called it a "serious incident".
- Well blowouts and spills of fracturing fluids
Survival Wellness Advocacy: