Author Topic: Do you ever think to yourself, "am I delusional?"  (Read 10811 times)

neoslim

Do you ever think to yourself, "am I delusional?"
« on: September 16, 2010, 12:38:42 PM »
Hey everyone I really wanted to get everyone's opinion on this. As I have stated in previous posts it was in October of 2007 when the notion that the 'end of the world as we know it could actually be happening' hit me. From then on I saw the world in an entirely different view. At first maybe I wanted to believe it because I thought it was a crazy thing and something very fascinating, but it wasn't long until things started to get bad, first the economy, then all these political movements, and social unrest. As soon as I started believing that the world as we know it could be ending that's when all these bad things seemed to start happening with more frequency and intensity. There are literally times when I think to myself, "have  I lost it?" "Am I delusional for thinking these things?" Or worse- "Is this all in my head and if it is then does that mean that these bad things going on in the world aren't really happening?" Am I like Alice in Wonderland and will wake up one day and realize it was all a dream, that the night when this revelation came upon me was the night I fell asleep and have not woken up since?"   I know this probably all sounds crazy to you guys but it is beginning to look unreal how things are changing, and it is also strange to me that about no sooner than I came upon the belief that the world was ending is when all these bad things seemed to start happening.

So my question to you guys is this- Do you guys ever ask yourselves "Am I delusional for believing these things, and are these things really happening?"

Bill

• Members
  • Prolific Member
    • View Profile
Re: Do you ever think to yourself, "am I delusional?"
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 12:51:07 PM »
It's hard not to at time's, especially when people around you say you are. When you try and convince non-believers, at least when I do, the eye rolls pretty much sum it up. Any more I try and avoid the topic,especially with anyone who has not done any research on their own. I just go about preparring and planning.   Bill

noproblemo2

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 12:53:47 PM »
I believe that since we are aware our senses are more heightened to what is truly occuring on this planet. We just see things more clearly than before. I do not feel we are "delusional", but my DH seems to think I am in all this, sometime soon he will be thanking me for having been able to see the realities of what is coming.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 12:55:31 PM by BajaSusan »

Ed Douglas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 01:06:14 PM »
Welcome to the Matrix;  there is so much that you all need to know. Look closely, at every little detail, in the events happening.   ed

8hertz

• Lifetime
  • Prolific Member
  • pax
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 02:22:26 PM »
neoslim,

A little less than 2 years ago, I was think of saving for a home, get a nice car and get myself a super computer with a nice big 30 in. monitor.  All that just went away once I heard of this idea. One of my first thought was that my 3 kids are still too young to have this come now. From that point on I have not been the same person I was.  I try a great deal of time get a reality check.  Check my mental self.  Asking people what they think of the current weather changes. Asking people what they think of the future without bring up the subject. I constantly check on news update and comparing it to what I know and read. I hold myself in high integrity with an analytical and logical mind.

So you tell me if I'm a nut case.

I wish there was a way to assemble all of us on the forum to speak face to face.

8hertz

noproblemo2

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 02:49:58 PM »
neoslim,
 I wish there was a way to assemble all of us on the forum to speak face to face.

8hertz
What about a weekly chat session thru AIM ? Or a shout box on the Town Hall? Would not be face-to-face, but would be real chatting (IM) live with each other..

_cj_

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 04:41:21 PM »
neoslim,

8hertz
What about a weekly chat session thru AIM ? Or a shout box on the Town Hall? Would not be face-to-face, but would be real chatting (IM) live with each other..

thats a good idea susan - can someone let us know if the board can support that ?

@ neoslim - dont worry  - be happy   :D

Regards,

alex

noproblemo2

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 04:58:03 PM »
If this site installs EzPortal the shout box can be installed easily otherwise we can set up thru AIM for chats, which I have also done for my site... Both are easy

Ed Douglas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2010, 05:43:27 PM »
What if you're ugly, like me?  ed

neoslim

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2010, 05:55:19 PM »
From reading your posts it seems like you guys are pretty secure in your beliefs. I use to talk about this with people but I stopped when I could tell they were starting to look at me like I was a nut. I also got a little scared off when I talk about this with people and then they start questioning me the way a psychiatrist would question his patient. That's pretty much when I stopped and figured from now on if it happens it happens and all I can do is prepare for whatever happens. I use to have fun with the idea of TEOTWAWKI because it just seemed so intense and adventurous in a way, but now with everything going on in the world I will be honest, I'm starting to get a little scared. Ed I'm curious what you meant by your "Welcome to the matrix" comment? 8hertz I dont think youre a nutcase. My only advice to you would be to balance out your 2012 life with your everyday life. I have invested in survival supplies but Ive also invested in personal items that have nothing to do with 2012 and I've tried to still enjoy my life even though I fear it will change. I hate to admit this but I think my belief in 2012 slowly killed my dream of one day becoming a movie actor. It was a pretty big dream to begin with but at least I had a goal. Now I have no goals because frankly I'm so unsure about the future. It's kind of sad when you think about it. So sad that I'm sort of at the point now where I just want it to happen just to get it over with because all this waiting is killing me.

noproblemo2

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2010, 06:51:14 PM »
What if you're ugly, like me?  ed
Well we could use the AIM chat then we don't have to worry about what we look like I'm voting for AIM

Ed Douglas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2010, 08:41:02 PM »
Neoslim, you can't let it regulate and control your life. There is not one member on this site, that doesn't hope that all of this Planet X stuff is wrong, and 2012 comes and goes. We all go about life, but do prepare just in case it's for real. Sometimes it seems like a dream, or sorta like "the Matrix".  ed

noproblemo2

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2010, 10:10:14 PM »
Neoslim, you can't let it regulate and control your life. There is not one member on this site, that doesn't hope that all of this Planet X stuff is wrong, and 2012 comes and goes. We all go about life, but do prepare just in case it's for real. Sometimes it seems like a dream, or sorta like "the Matrix".  ed
Hate to sound studpi here, but what is "the matrix" ?

Lori

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2010, 03:49:06 AM »
The Matrix Movies.  They were movies they based the fact that the world around is simply a computer generated illusion.  That we are plugged into a giant space ship. 

You can see the Trailer on You Tube.

The Matrix Trailer
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 03:56:53 AM by Lori »

noproblemo2

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2010, 09:10:35 AM »
Guess I'll have to get the movie, have never seen it.....

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!