Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: Human protection from ensuing CME storm  (Read 4045 times)

johnwest

Human protection from ensuing CME storm
« on: September 27, 2010, 04:23:37 PM »
Perhaps its just my inability to search well, but I can't find good sources for materials needed and best knowledge needed for ultimate protection from a sun blast (CME)....How many feet of dirt vs sheets of lead vs steel...concrete...etc.... or in what combination!  As I understand the problem, we could have anywhere from 30 to 45 days of possible consecutive days of high radiation. If there is a  source of info? I would greatly appreciate any information or links to it.

Bill

• Members
  • Prolific Member
Re: Human protection from ensuing CME storm
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 05:00:43 PM »
Try www.utahsheltersystems.com.   they have a link for weapons effects ,you won't have to worry about CME's unless we lose our electromagnetic shield. I think if you protect against weapons effects you will be ok

johnwest

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 04:03:00 PM »
Bill...thanks for the info....I'm still under the impression that in the not so distant future we will lose our magnetic shield for a period of time, due to the "mini solar system" steaming through our neck of the woods in combination with a variety of other extenuating circumstances, leaving us vunerable to high ultra violet rays and other sun related radiations. The solar wind will be considerable at that point and I'm concerned with adequate shielding. I'm not at all aware of the actual strength of this solar storm so I'm interested in the worst case or strongest fields we will encounter and proper precautions or shieldings for it.

Ed Douglas

• Senior
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 06:41:27 PM »
If you think the magnetosphere is going to take much of a beating and hang in there, you had better take a closer look at the magnetosphere, and watch for a while.  ed

Steve_T

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 12:16:25 PM »
I remember reading somewhere that polyethylene is a good guard against radiation. I don't know how thick or for how long or any of the specifics, but I know that NASA uses it to wrap alot of stuff on the Shuttle and the satelites with it.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 04:24:25 PM by Steve_T »

Icon

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2010, 02:28:27 PM »
You might do better to search for the effects, not the actual CME. Try X-rays and Gamma rays.

skywriter1962

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2010, 04:13:47 PM »
I am wondering if you could convert a large army tent or an RV, by adding layer's of lead (For the x-ray's) and polyethelene (For the gamma ray's), seal it well and sink it in the ground up to it's eaves?...can anyone comment on this idea, maybe improve it?, and also, was wondering how one could go about getting the lead sheeting, other than stealing it from local dental/medical offices? LOL.

Bill

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 08:06:36 AM »
Dirt, Concrete, water, and almost any other material. Go to the link I posted earlier. Protect yourself from weapons effect radiation and you will be doing most of what you can do. Remember you can not stop Gamma radiation you can only attenuate it. You would need to know how much you are dealing with to even start to figure how to attenuate enough to be safe.

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!