Author Topic: Earth and moon tilt changes  (Read 17898 times)

Ed Douglas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
    • View Profile
Earth and moon tilt changes
« on: October 22, 2010, 09:36:39 AM »
I'm not sure where, but I know I have posted somewhere, quite a while ago, about my research about the earth tilting, and the sun and moon orbits not being on the correct latitude. Well, I finally found out that it has been noticed elsewhere;
http://beforeitsnews.com/story/229/227/

_cj_

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
Re: Earth and moon tilt changes
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 03:49:33 PM »
if the axial tilt had changed enough to make the moon rise in a different place you would know about it ..... its not something that could be hidden... the world would quite literally be in chaos

regards,

alex

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 06:07:34 PM »
Hi _cj_
You said "if the axial tilt had changed enough to make the moon rise in a different place you would know about it ..... its not something that could be hidden... the world would quite literally be in chaos"

Well, it is often in a different place, I have seen it myself.  I once pointed it out to two policemen, and they agreed.  I asked if they knew why, they said no, so I told them about Planet X coming, and they looked at me as if doubting my sanity.  I know about it, but I don't do anything abnormal or destructive.  Almost everyone is too dependent on a paycheck or a sale to do anything different, even if they know about it also.  We all just carry on normally anyway and hope that everyone else does also.  So, social chaos will not happen until the infrastructure fails and the supplies stop.  Regarding physical chaos, that is obviously ramping up, but displacements of the Sun and/or Moon by noticeable degrees is only causing wild weather so far.  The earthquakes,  volcanic eruptions, sinkholes, rogue ocean waves, red dust, etc are caused by PX, not Sun and Moon displacements, which are also caused by PX.

There are many, many reports of Sun and Moon dislocations in Zetatalk, plus discussions of why the media don't report it and what happens to whistleblowers.  Search for "Sun Moon tilt" or similar words in http://www.zetatalk.com/ .

_cj_

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 07:09:57 PM »
hi jim -

for arguments sake - how much do you think the axial tilt would have to change before a general memeber of the public would notice the moon in a different position ?  lets say 15 or 20 degrees and that would only be if you had a keen eye

that would mean that your summer would be as hot as the sahara and your winter as cold as the north pole - neither has happened

dont get me wrong ....the earth does wobble around a bit ...i think the axial tilt changes something like 5 degrees of 50,000 years - but not something we would notice

and what force could move the earth which weighs 6 miliion million million million kg so quickly ?? - not gravity - its quite a weak force - maybe electromagnatism, but could you imagine ??? no not really

if you dont believe me then we will just have to agree to disagree - everyone is entitled to their opinion

regards

alex

noproblemo2

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 07:28:02 PM »
Yet somewhere here I read we have already gone from 23.5 to 19.5 degrees, that's a big change to me. Maybe not to many though.

_cj_

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 07:44:07 PM »
conventional wisdom is that the wobble is from 22 to 24 degrees - the real term is "obliquity of the ecliptic"  but i prefer wobble - not to be confused with precession of the equinoxes or precession around the ecliptic

if the earths tilt has changed to 19.5 degrees - just think you now live 400 KM from where you thought you did  ;D

when people say that they see the stars move over time its precesssion

Regards,

alex

noproblemo2

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 08:05:51 PM »
Well I know for a fact that the sunrise and sunsets are in different places compared to three years ago.

Road Warrior

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 11:48:58 PM »
well isn't that funny  ;D

just brought this topic up on my site yesterday ..I for one am really seeing something weird going on especially with regards to where the sun is setting as aposed to where it used to set ..bang on the money ..Im glad that I am not alone in this thought process

_cj_

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2010, 01:30:18 AM »
hey guys - i just found this article in the new scientist that i thought you might find interesting

original article here http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn17657-global-warming-could-change-earths-tilt.html

Warming oceans could cause Earth's axis to tilt in the coming century, a new study suggests. The effect was previously thought to be negligible, but researchers now say the shift will be large enough that it should be taken into account when interpreting how the Earth wobbles.

The Earth spins on an axis that is tilted some 23.5° from the vertical. But this position is far from constant – the planet's axis is constantly shifting in response to changes in the distribution of mass around the Earth. "The Earth is like a spinning top, and if you put more mass on one side or other, the axis of rotation is going to shift slightly," says Felix Landerer of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California.

The changing climate has long been known to move Earth's axis. The planet's north pole, for example, is migrating along 79 °W – a line of longitude that runs through Toronto and Panama City – at a rate of about 10 centimetres each year as the Earth rebounds from ice sheets that once weighed down large swaths of North America, Europe, and Asia.

The influx of fresh water from shrinking ice sheets also causes the planet to pitch over. Landerer and colleagues estimate that the melting of Greenland's ice is already causing Earth's axis to tilt at an annual rate of about 2.6 centimetres – and that rate may increase significantly in the coming years.

Now, they calculate that oceans warmed by the rise in greenhouse gases can also cause the Earth to tilt – a conclusion that runs counter to older models, which suggested that ocean expansion would not create a large shift in the distribution of the Earth's mass.
Tracking sea levels

The researchers modelled the changes that would occur if moderate projections made by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change – a doubling of carbon dioxide levels between 2000 and 2100 – were to become reality.

The team found that as the oceans warm and expand, more water will be pushed up and onto the Earth's shallower ocean shelves. Over the next century, the subtle effect is expected to cause the northern pole of Earth's spin axis to shift by roughly 1.5 centimetres per year in the direction of Alaska and Hawaii.

The effect is relatively small. "The pole's not going to drift away in a crazy manner," Landerer notes, adding that it shouldn't induce any unfortunate feedback in Earth's climate.

But he says the motion is strong enough that it needs to be taken into account when interpreting shifts in Earth's axis. Tracking the motion of the poles could help place limits on the total amount of sea level rise over decades.

"The oceans take up at least 80 per cent of the heat that is added from greenhouse gases," Landerer told New Scientist. "They have a huge heat capacity, so this effect is going to be there for quite a bit."
Faster spin

Maik Thomas of the German Research Centre for Geosciences in Potsdam, who was not affiliated with the study, says the new work overturns previous ideas. "Up to now, people had believed that height variations [from ocean temperature changes] gave no contribution to polar motion," he told New Scientist. "This is an effect that now has to be considered."

But Thomas notes that polar motion is unlikely to yield a good measurement of sea level rise, whose signal may be difficult to disentangle from a host of other factors that contribute to changes in Earth's tilt, from movements in Earth's crust and mantle to the periodic effects of El Niño, an oscillation of the ocean-atmosphere system in the Pacific.

And climate change can also affect the Earth's spin. Previously, Landerer and colleagues showed that global warming would cause Earth's mass to be redistributed towards higher latitudes. Since that pulls mass closer to the planet's spin axis, it causes the planet to rotate faster – just as an ice skater spins faster when she pulls her arms towards her body.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2010, 04:38:29 AM »
Right now, the beautiful full moon is just above the horizon, a few degrees on the west side of  WNW.
I woke up early and could feel that full moon energy. At first I couldn't see the moon because there are a lot of trees over to the west of us. Behind me in the East the sun isn't up yet but it  is probably a Sun-Moon opposition.
- Yowbarb

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2010, 04:50:15 AM »
29LI29 28AR42
Yes, it is a Sun - Moon opposition so see me over in the earthquake topic.
Checking USGS now. 7:49 EDT - Yowbarb

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2010, 05:33:11 AM »
c_j thanks for posting that article,
Yowbarb

8hertz

• Lifetime
  • Prolific Member
  • pax
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2010, 05:55:22 AM »
Warming oceans could cause Earth's axis to tilt in the coming century, a new study suggests.

"This is an effect that now has to be considered."

If the ocean effect is real, then we are looking at a possibility that earth will stop spinning.

8hertz
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 05:57:29 AM by 8hertz »

_cj_

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2010, 10:36:28 AM »
nope - it will spin quicker  :D

noproblemo2

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2010, 10:57:19 AM »
Geez and I'm dizzy enough already !!!!!

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!