Author Topic: Health and Medical Books and assorted posts  (Read 3156 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Health and Medical Books and assorted posts
« on: November 29, 2010, 12:14:56 PM »
Stedman's Medical Dictionary for the Health Professions and Nursing, Illustrated,
with Bonus CD-ROM
by Anatomical Chart Company
ASIN: B000CD8EFI  
Ships from and sold by Tashanator.[/b] 

Yowbarb Note: Only 2 left in stock

« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 03:41:53 PM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Health and Medical Books and assorted posts
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 12:08:13 PM »
EMT Teaching: A Common-Sense Approach    [Paperback]
By Richard A. Cherry

Amazon Prime
ISBN-10: 0893030074

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 05:52:10 PM »

Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss and Good Health    [Paperback]

By Cynthia Holzapfel

Amazon Prime
ISBN-10: 1570671273

augonit

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 07:05:29 AM »
We should all be getting tetanus shots too.  You only need one every 10 years.  It will help prevent lock jaw if you step on a rusty nail.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 01:49:00 AM »
We should all be getting tetanus shots too.  You only need one every 10 years.  It will help prevent lock jaw if you step on a rusty nail.

Augonit - good idea. Thanks for posting that.
- Yowbarb
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 02:28:35 AM by Yowbarb »

Way2wyrd

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 01:13:20 AM »

Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss and Good Health    [Paperback]

By Cynthia Holzapfel

Amazon Prime
ISBN-10: 1570671273

Here is a fantastic article about DMSO.

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/225895-DMSO-The-Antidote-for-Radiation-Poisoning

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 07:44:11 AM »
Two books on medicinal plants of the desert and how to prepare them,
Yowbarb
=============================================================
Title: Medicinal Plants of the Desert and Canyon West: A Guide to Identifying, Preparing, and Using Traditional Medicinal Plants Found in the Deserts and Canyons of the West and Southwest [Paperback]

Michael Moore (Author), Mimi Kamp (Illustrator), Nora Ryerson (Illustrator)

ISBN-10: 0890131821
Amazon Prime

Amazon link:
http://www.amazon.com/Medicinal-Plants-Desert-Canyon-West/dp/0890131821/ref=pd_sim_b_3
ALSO:

Prickly Pear Cactus Medicine: Treatments for Diabetes, Cholesterol, and the Immune System [Paperback]
Ran Knishinsky (Author)

ISBN-10: 0892811498
Amazon Prime

Amazon link:
http://www.amazon.com/Prickly-Pear-Cactus-Medicine-Cholesterol/dp/0892811498/ref=sr_1_40?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1252965108&sr=1-40
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 07:50:47 AM by Yowbarb »

Einstein

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2011, 12:52:43 AM »
Not sure if I posted correctly, as I am new here.
As I would like to ad, put a few tubes of super glue in the first aid kit. This was informed by a Dr. As some will know the history of super glue, it was used in the Vietnam war for fast stitching gun wounds or deep cuts.  Hope this is useful for those who did not know. :)
Regards
Romano

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2011, 12:56:28 AM »
As I would like to ad, put a few tubes of super glue in the first aid kit. This was informed by a Dr. As some will know the history of super glue, it was used in the Vietnam war for fast stitching gun wounds or deep cuts.  Hope this is useful for those who did not know. :)

Welcome Einstein  ;D
and excellent idea...I keep leaving that off my list,
Thanks,
Yowbarb

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2011, 01:04:36 AM »
"Yes, Amazon will ship to anywhere.  From South Africa, you can shop from either the UK or US stores. Here's the link for US international shipping policies and rates."

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=596184

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • I won't give up, not even after the last sunset!
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2011, 09:14:54 AM »
[/quote

The thought of doing that makes me cringe, it also made me cringe when my son did it several times for bad cuts.  I thought he was nuts (well that perhaps is still debatable..LOL).  He's still alive, and had no ill effects that I'm aware of...that's all I know on the subject.  Perhaps super glue is a good idea for the survival list, for whatever purpose!   An admin might prefer to move your post to one of those areas, but this was certainly not a bad spot.  There is no such thing really as a "bad spot" to post, in my opinion.  If an admin or moderator feels it would be better placed elsewhere, they will certainly be happy to move it for you, it's not a problem.  We appreciate you sharing the information!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 09:24:37 AM by enlightenme »

probe64322

• stringers
    • n/a
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2012, 10:00:34 PM »
Stumbled across this & thought it might come in handy for someone

Nature Field Guides eBooks - Plants English 496.95 Mb

berries.djvu - Wild Berries of the West, by Betty Derig & Margaret Fuller; 2001
botany.djvu - Botany in a Day, 5th edition, by Thomas Elpel
canadafruitsnuts.djvu - Edible Wild Fruits & Nuts of Canada, by Nancy Turner & Adam Szczawinski; 1981
canadatea.djvu - Wild Coffee and Tea Substitutes of Canada, by Nancy Turner & Adam Szczawinski; 1978
canadaveg.djvu - Wild Green Vegetables of Canada, by Nancy Turner & Adam Szczawinski; 1980
canadaweeds.djvu - Edible Garden Weeds of Canada, by Nancy Turner & Adam Szczawinski; 1978
cech.djvu - Growing At-Risk Medicinal Herbs, by Richo Cech
cherokee.djvu - Plants of the Cherokee, by William Banks Jr; 2004
feastingfree.djvu - Feasting Free on Wild Edibles, by Bradford Angier; 1972 (includes two books - Free for the Eating, and More Free-for-the-Eating Wild Foods)
flavors.djvu - The Flavors of Home, by Margit Roos-Collins; 1990
forage.djvu - The Forager's Harvest, by Samuel Thayer; 2006
gitksan.djvu - Ethnobotany of the Gitksan Indians of British Columbia, by Harlan Smith; 1997
gitksangathering.djvu - Gathering What the Great Nature Provided: Food Traditions of the Gitksans, by The People of 'Ksan; 1980
handbookNW.djvu - Handbook of Northwestern Plants, revised edition, by Helen Gilkey & La Rea J. Dennis; 2001
harrington.djvu - Edible Native Plants of the Rocky Mountains, by H. D. Harrington
herbmanual.djvu - Therapeutic Herb Manual: The Therapeutic Administration of Medicinal Herb Compounds, revised & enlarged September 1983 edition, by Ed Smith
liveforever.djvu - It Will Live Forever: Traditional Yosemite Indian Acorn Preparation, by Beverly Ortiz as told by Julia Parker; 1991
montana.djvu - Montana Native Plants & Early Peoples, by Jeff Hart; 1996
moore.djvu - Medicinal Plants of the Pacific West, by Michael Moore; 1993
NAethnobotany.djvu - Native American Ethnobotany, by Daniel Moerman; 1988
nwftrees.djvu - National Wildlife Federation Field Guide to Trees of North America; 2008
nwtrees.djvu - Northwest Trees: Identifying and Understanding the Region's Native Trees, by Stephen Arno & Ramona Hammerly; 2007
nyerges.djvu - Guide to Wild Foods and Useful Plants, by Christopher Nyerges
OakInsectsDiseases.pdf - A Field Guide to Insects & Diseases of California Oaks, by Tedmund Swiecki & Elizabeth Bernhardt; 2006
pacwf.djvu - A Field Guide to Pacific State Wildflowers, by Theodore Niehaus; 1976
plantsWAORBC.djvu - Plants of Western Washington, Oregon, & British Columbia, by Eugene Kozloff; 2005
pojar.djvu - Plants of the Pacific Northwest Coast, by Jim Pojar & Andy MacKinnon; 2004
prairie.djvu - Edible Wild Plants of the Prairie: An Ethnobotanical Guide, by Kelly Kindscher
schofield.djvu - Discovering Wild Plants: Alaska, Western Canada, the Northwest, by Janice Schofield; 2000
stalkingHealthfulHerbs.djvu - Stalking the Healthful Herbs, by Euell Gibbons
stalkingWildAsparagus.djvu - Stalking the Wild Asparagus, by Euell Gibbons
Sturtevants_Edible_Plants.pdf - Sturtevants Edible Plants of the World, edited by U. P. Hedrick
tasteofheritage.djvu - A Taste of Heritage: Crow Indian Recipes & Herbal Medicines, by Alma Hogan Snell; 2006
tilford.djvu - Edible and Medicinal Plants of the West, by Gregory Tilford
tozer.djvu - The Uses of Wild Plants, by Frank Tozer; 2007
treesshrubsCA.djvu - Trees and Shrubs of California, by John Stuart & John Sawyer
westerntrees.djvu - A Field Guide to Western Trees: Western United States & Canada (Peterson Field Guide), by George Petrides
wildflowersPNW.djvu - Wildflowers of the Pacific Northwest, by Mark Turner & Phyllis Gustafson; 2006
wildfoodadventurer.djvu - Wild Food Adventurer newsletter, by John Kallas
wildfoodsforum.djvu - The Wild Foods Forum newsletter (Volume 1, #3 to Volume 18, #3. Doesn't include all issues in that range.)
wildman.djvu - Identifying and Harvesting Edible and Medicinal Plants: In Wild (and Not So Wild) Places, by "Wildman" Steve Brill with Evelyn Dean
wintertwigs.djvu - Winter Twigs, revised edition, by Helen Gilkey & Patricia Packard; 2001

Code: [Select]
http://www.netload.in/dateiLI0tHPlmYe/nfgebcp.rar.htm
P.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2012, 02:31:29 AM »
probe64322: Excellent! Thanks for posting,
Yowbarb

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • I won't give up, not even after the last sunset!
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2012, 04:53:48 AM »
This maybe a little off topic, but I wanted to share this information with everyone.  If you know of any veterans in need of Assisted Living care, extra at home care, house remodels whether due to war injuries or not, doesn't have to be service related,  please pass this information along.  It is an almost unknown benefit/service available to any veterans who served during wartime.  This can equate to an extra monthly pension of over $2000/mo!!  It is called The Aid and Attendance Improved Pension Please see:
http://www.longtermcarelink.net/ref_veterans_consultants.htm
http://www.veteranaid.org/program.php
Hope this information is as helpful to someone as it was to me.  Thanks to this wonderful, little known and unadvertised benefit, my elderly dad will now be able to go to a wonderful, private and expensive, Assisted Living facility.  Most people, except for the wealthy, can never afford this type of care.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 05:03:29 AM by enlightenme »

1969quartz0

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2012, 06:50:37 PM »
That is great I am glad he is going to get better care now, we usually use our vets and throw them to the curb it is a shame. They have given more of them selves than most of our politicians who vote to cut benefits from them regularly.