Author Topic: Health and Medical Books and assorted posts  (Read 2857 times)

enlightenme

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • I won't give up, not even after the last sunset!
Re: Health and Medical Books and assorted posts
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2012, 07:52:22 PM »
That is great I am glad he is going to get better care now, we usually use our vets and throw them to the curb it is a shame. They have given more of them selves than most of our politicians who vote to cut benefits from them regularly.

Absolutely and thanks so much!  I hope this information can help someone else as well.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2012, 04:00:10 PM »
This maybe a little off topic, but I wanted to share this information with everyone.  If you know of any veterans in need of Assisted Living care, extra at home care, house remodels whether due to war injuries or not, doesn't have to be service related,  please pass this information along.  It is an almost unknown benefit/service available to any veterans who served during wartime.  This can equate to an extra monthly pension of over $2000/mo!!  It is called The Aid and Attendance Improved Pension Please see:
http://www.longtermcarelink.net/ref_veterans_consultants.htm
http://www.veteranaid.org/program.php
Hope this information is as helpful to someone as it was to me.  Thanks to this wonderful, little known and unadvertised benefit, my elderly dad will now be able to go to a wonderful, private and expensive, Assisted Living facility.  Most people, except for the wealthy, can never afford this type of care.

Enlightenme, we are so glad your Father will get this good quality care ! It looks like maybe the
Vets are starting to get a better deal, and I hope that keeps up.  :)  I have seen so much misery among Vets, in places like  L.A. Most of them have probably passed on by now... hard life...
- Yowbarb

JKB

• Members
  • Prolific Member
  • There is no spoon.
You have to let it all go Neo.  Fear, doubt, and disbelief...  Free your mind.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2013, 10:13:38 AM »
JKB, thanks!
 :)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2013, 12:55:40 PM »
Book: Survivalist's Medicine Chest

Survivalist's Medicine Chest
Not a large book, just a small 70 page or so pamplet - sizes book. But has a lot of survival type medicine info, which includes vet
medicines for human use. Most of these are the same as human medicines, just packaged for vet use. - ICON

« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 12:43:29 AM by Yowbarb »