Author Topic: Do we stand a chance?  (Read 8344 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
Re: Do we stand a chance?
« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2014, 11:30:35 PM »
Rapture, Aliens, Bio-warfare, Nuclear attack, Meteors, Astroids, potential Super Nova, War, Plague... These are all things prodicted and somewhat proven that WILL happen in the not to distant future. I am a 23 year old male with an incredible skill set I am a jack of all trades in construction, A martial student of several styles, An expert marksmen with firearms and bows, a trained and studied survialist, and a decent human in my opinion. I don't know if i stand a chance against all of this, part of me wants to survive and live a life i loved and dreamed of, the walker, the wandering surviver, etc. But another part just wants to live what time i have left bc life isnt life without friends and family... well that depends on the family i suppose but what do we do how do we prepare I have plans for almost any catastrophy and i dont know if they will work, There is no way to test them, and I am and always have been a broke student. What so I do now? Do we stand a chance?
I'm not sure why you are listed as a guest. Try reapplying.
All I can say is, I do not believe there is any such thing as predestination.
Logically speaking we do all have a chance to survive.
All The Best,
Barb Townsend 

bk

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2014, 11:04:43 PM »
Prepare for the worst and hope for the best is all any of us can do.

JKB

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • There is no spoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 12, 2014, 12:09:59 PM »
Well said.  Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed.  If anything better happens you will be pleasantly surprised.
You have to let it all go Neo.  Fear, doubt, and disbelief...  Free your mind.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2014, 07:22:01 PM »
Prepare for the worst and hope for the best is all any of us can do.

That's a good saying.  ;)

bk

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 12, 2014, 08:13:45 PM »
I think it was hope for the best prepare for the worst (these are the glass 1/2 full people) I guess that make me the glass 1/2 empty type  ;D

Endtimesgal_2012

« Reply #95 on: February 09, 2014, 03:15:55 PM »
Somehow I missed m4branch86's post.

None of us know if we will survive or not.  But he certainly sounds like he is a lot better prepared to survive than many of us.  I recently realized that most likely there is no way I can carry my BOB very far if I have to try to hike out of the city.  I am hoping that I will have enough advance notice to get out of Dodge before it becomes almost impossible.

I am also the glass half full kind of person.  Although I am weary of the heavy feelings of dread I am experiencing sensing that the other shoe is about to drop, I think that for many reasons, this coming event is necessary, and I think if I am supposed to survive I will and if I am not supposed to survive, I won't.  So I do not worry too much about what will happen to me personally, and mostly worry about loved ones.  But we each have our own path to walk, and I believe we knew what we were getting in to prior to being born this time, so no sense worrying.  We can only do the best we can do, that is all.

JKB

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • There is no spoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 11, 2014, 06:19:19 PM »
I'm not a religious person.  I believe there is a God.  I believe that God already knows when and how I will die.  Which makes me worrying or fearful of it a futile exercise...  I could die in a car crash tomorrow.  My apartment might go up in flames tonight.  Theoretically a meteorite could crash through my bedroom roof and take me and my wife out tonight or next week.

There are plenty of other things to worry about over, "Will I make it or what will happen?"  A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I was in high school and my football coach preached, "Preparation determines performance."  That has been true for me from then until now.  When I have been prepared, I don't recall failing at anything I really set my sights on.  When I'm not prepared, it's 50/50 at best.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 06:39:15 PM by JKB »
You have to let it all go Neo.  Fear, doubt, and disbelief...  Free your mind.

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!