Author Topic: Hello from Texas  (Read 2152 times)

JKB

• Members
  • Prolific Member
  • There is no spoon.
Re: Hello from Texas
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2011, 07:58:56 PM »
Hi everybody this is Dave from "we re's my bike gone"Derby,England.
thanks for the welcomes its good to find like minded people, I'm
surrounded by sheep that queston my mentel integrity and after
pointing out one or two things all you can do is proscribe a trip
to the opticens.I do allot of digging around so if i find anything
good I'll post it. intresting to see the rise Earthquake and Volcano
Activity over the last couple of months.....E,T,I,C
lounge...lol.cool ;D

Welcome Dave.  We're all surrounded by sheep that think we are crazy (that queston my mentel integrity ).  Sure is frustrating holding a conversation with an intelligent person with whom you realize is asleep and all you can do is plant a seed...  Time is running out for that seed to grow.  At any rate, I hope you find what you are looking for in here.  Peace...   JKB
You have to let it all go Neo.  Fear, doubt, and disbelief...  Free your mind.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2011, 09:38:50 PM »
Hi I'm Carolyn and I've been reading and posted 35 times so I thought I'd identify myself.   My military family came from Oklahoma, we moved around a lot and lived in an Italian villa with the Mediteranean ocean on the doorstep for 1½ years then moved to N.Texas.  I've volunteered for all kinds of activities; a Candy Stripe volunteer at Doctor's Hospital at age 17, the American Red Cross and Scouts, later on.  Got married and divorced twice.  Got a CDL & worked in the school system as a bus driver and cafeteria lady so I would have the same days off as my boy & girl.  Now I'm certified in health field as a nct xray tech and phlebotomist.  I like watching youtube videos of science related stuff including all the Yowusa and Nancy Lieder videos.  Books I've read:  Planet X Forecast and 2012 Survival Guide by Marshall Masters, Notes from the Cosmos by G.M.Scallion, Nutritional Healing, a little Edgar Casey, car manuals, nutrition & health books, chemistry, geology, do-it yourself guides, any science, survival books and the Bible.
I have a house 10 miles east of Dallas (550'>sl) and a second floor condo 10 miles north of Dallas (595'>sl).  I can't leave my family, I'm 57, so I don't have long anyway. I'm needed here to help their future if possible.  It's going to take more convincing to get my kids (26 & 30) to leave.  I just hope the roads aren't closed or bridges down, when their wake up call comes.  So there's a possiblity I'm going to be stuck.  Getting thru the highway system of DFW during rush hour is a 2 hour ordeal.  To get to the nearest ideal locations are all west of Fort Worth.   Plus I have 500lbs of survival gear, not including water, that I need to haul if trailer is available.  I can only afford to do this once so I'm working on plans (learning back roads) for a last minute exit to make sure the time right, so my family will come with me.  Last night my computer forgot the network password and I started packing things by the door, I thought the satellites had gone down.  Everythings Ok for now.  Check elevation of any where by going to www.earthtools.org  click Elevation option on left, and zoom in on any place. 
Breckenridge 1223ft - best bet aftertimes, no documented caves
Lake Mineral Wells St Park 981ft - high enough? no documented caves
Big Spring 2444ft  no water, no doc. caves
Weatherford  1128 - close to city
Stephenville 1292ft - no lake
huckleberry ridge caves 1194ft
flag spring cons caves  1384ft 
researching W.Texas & NM, caves, no water
S.Texas around Austin (see map craton map below)
Innerspace cavern, Natural Bridge Cave, Longhorn cavern

Morgana2012, hello again.  :)
Not sure I gave you a good acknowledgement for this great post.
Thanks for sharing about your life, what you have read and some ideas.
It's interesting to see Members posting specific info - like elevation - for their region.
It could take a lot of info and comparing notes among people to reach the right conclusions, so this is good,
Barbara Lou Townsend
Topic Administrator

robertphtx

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2011, 06:48:27 PM »
I am new to the board and to 2012. I am 40 years old, a building/home designer (office work now) formally field construction, I am married w/ one Child, and I live in the Bastrop, TX area. I have many questions but for now I want to introduce myself and ask if there are any others in my area in the forum.

Georgia B

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2011, 08:07:49 PM »

Welcome, Robert: This is where I have gratefully found answers that are honest, logical and can be easily be incorporated into your life without delay.  The best part is the quality of members involved. 
Just jump in and start reading -- and don't be shy about asking questions. 
  I live in Plano, just north of Dallas, but there seem to be a healthy group in your area.  You can look forward to replies very soon. 
  Again, happy you made it here-- God Bless.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2011, 09:40:34 PM »
I am new to the board and to 2012. I am 40 years old, a building/home designer (office work now) formally field construction, I am married w/ one Child, and I live in the Bastrop, TX area. I have many questions but for now I want to introduce myself and ask if there are any others in my area in the forum.

Welcome, Robertphtx.
I see the elevation of Bastrop averages about 367 feet elevation, and it is near a state park and some hills.
Have you ever built a dome home?
Videos, unfortunately there was a bad wildfire in Seotember...
http://youtu.be/9kFw2mQcZaQ
All The Best,
Barbara Lou Townsend
Topic Administrator

VIDEO http://youtu.be/W8MdNlyPjvw

Bastrop State Park, Texas [Official]

chaunska

« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2011, 09:49:42 PM »

Welcome to Town Hall Robert.   I hope we can answer some of your questions.