Author Topic: Southwest USA Meetings  (Read 2820 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Southwest USA Meetings
« on: November 16, 2009, 12:04:55 AM »
This is our new Southwestern meeting Topic.
This is the Topic where Southwesterners can exchange posts with other Southwesteners.
Also if you are considering relocating to AZ, NM, or other states, this is your place, too.
Please use this Topic to exchange info, set up meetings; exchange ideas about
possible survival locations.
Soon I will set up a Communities forming in the Southwest,
All The Best,
Yowbarb
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 08:13:55 AM by Yowbarb »

Morgan

Re: Southwest USA Meetings
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 04:49:25 AM »
I would like to know about how many people there are in this forum where they are and what things they are doing to preppare. First of all I'll start with a little info about myself. My wife and I have two children at home. A 16yr old daughter and a 3yr old son. We live on about 10 acres just south of Blanding Utah. We live off grid, have livestock for, meat,eggs,wool, milk, and transportation. We hope we're well equipped enough to weather most any disaster that may come along.The key I believe besides prepareing is advance warning. We hear so many "dates of events" and so far none have been accurate. We have a number of friends in the area that are prepers as well. Though their enfacise is mainly on prepareing for governmental problems. I would realy like to get to know others that are thinking along these lines. Thanks.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 08:17:57 AM »
I would like to know about how many people there are in this forum where they are and what things they are doing to preppare. First of all I'll start with a little info about myself. My wife and I have two children at home. A 16yr old daughter and a 3yr old son. We live on about 10 acres just south of Blanding Utah. We live off grid, have livestock for, meat,eggs,wool, milk, and transportation. We hope we're well equipped enough to weather most any disaster that may come along.The key I believe besides prepareing is advance warning. We hear so many "dates of events" and so far none have been accurate. We have a number of friends in the area that are prepers as well. Though their enfacise is mainly on prepareing for governmental problems. I would realy like to get to know others that are thinking along these lines. Thanks.

Hello Morgan, it's good to see your post. I have been to the four corners area a few
times - it is truly magical.
http://www.blandingutah.org/
I have noticed some survival supply companies in Utah -looked good.
All The Best,
Yowbarb

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 08:24:07 AM »

I hope you get replies here people need to share info. Been through there - had relatives in Gallup and Farmington at one time, We used to stop at St. George too. Then on east to Colorado land.
Yowbarb

Linda

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 04:40:41 AM »
My daughter is in Colorado Springs this week, hoping the weather behaves.

Linda
Linda :)

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 10:14:50 AM »
My daughter is in Colorado Springs this week, hoping the weather behaves.

Linda

Linda, yes I hope it is OK.
All The Best,
Yowbarb
========================================================
http://www.nws.noaa.gov/

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 09:59:21 AM »
This was posted by one of our southwest Members over in a topic called Hello from New Mexico.
This site apparently has info about communities in teh southewest... just looking at it,
Yowbarb
http://placeofrefuge2012.com/

svisioner

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 09:03:05 AM »

Welcome to the board!
I would have to say that you a lot more hardcore than us, and I thought I was hardcore!
we live in the Sawtooth Mountains of New Mexico, off the grid and if need be self sufficient.

Peace and Love
Dan
www.placeofrefuge2012.com

Hello Morgan, it's good to see your post. I have been to the four corners area a few
times - it is truly magical.
http://www.blandingutah.org/
I have noticed some survival supply companies in Utah -looked good.
All The Best,
Yowbarb

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2011, 07:09:24 AM »
To Members of every region:
Here is another place to find groups, too, Yowbarb

Guests and Members > Member Notices

Looking for groups to join
Started by Diannah

LINK  http://planetxtownhall.com/index.php?topic=2320.0

MrMexBiker

Thoughts from a AZ resident, please share your ideas with me
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2011, 10:52:13 AM »
I live in Phoenix. Have been researching what may happen since Jan. The more I learn the more depressed I get. Every major planetary catastrophe seems to occurring or lining up to ocurr once or more. What you must prepare for is a massive CME. To survive that you must be underground. With all the other anticipated events such an underground stay might be from mid sept until the end of year. My homework profiles a safe zone as: 250 mi away from coast, no more than 1500' elevation (has to do with magnetosphere disruption and reduction in height of breathable atmosphere, away from nuclear plants and fault lines. In addition you must provide medical care, food, shelter, security, and hygiene aspects for your group. There is not much time to establish all this unless you can tell me other than what my friend Terral has assembled in the Ozarks (NW Ark and SW Missouri). The team there is impressive and there will be strength in numbers. I am considering moving my family and friends there but would prefer to stay in the west.  Research shows NW AZ & NW NM not safe. Rest of AZ & NM is as well as TX, OK, and Neb
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 11:12:52 AM by MrMexBiker »

terrypat

• Prolific Member
  • My intention is to lead with the heart
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2011, 07:12:10 AM »
I have an excellent bug out location & need people to help set up. Please respond . Time is short. Thanks in advance ,Terry
You have been telling people that this is the 11th hour.

Now you must go back & tell people  this  is  "The Hour" .

The Elders , Oraibi Arizona, Hopi Nation

MrMexBiker

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2011, 11:56:57 AM »
I have an excellent bug out location & need people to help set up. Please respond . Time is short. Thanks in advance ,Terry
I am interested and perhaps can help. In Phoenix and was already considering an area near you in NW AZ. Yes time is short. Lets talk Terry
Mex

MrMexBiker

Ozarks / Yellowstone
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2011, 09:39:34 AM »
Decided against this area for a number of reason. There should be areas/caves/fallout shelters that can be used in the SW. Only concern is proximity to Yellowstone caldera blast and cloud. Comments?

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2011, 10:14:41 AM »
" Only concern is proximity to Yellowstone caldera blast and cloud. Comments?"

Regarding Yellowstone:

1) North America is being stretched, not compressed;
 and that can open up fissures from which lava flows  --
 as in northern Africa recently and perhaps ongoing still --
BUT stretching does not cause volcanic eruptions.  Other fissures.
 as in Mexico, and cracks, as in Wisconsin (was it?), do not
 cause lava flows.  Even fissures on the sides of volcanoes flow but
 do not explode (recent case).

2)  From http://zetatalk.com/index/zeta52.htm :
" We have indicated in the past that Yellowstone would not be exempt from erupting during the pole shift, and this still stands. But the eruption will not be what many fear. It has evidence of being a super volcano at a time when the world was in complete global turmoil, not due to a pole shifts but due to impacts and being careened out of its orbit and closer to the Sun. The injury to the crust so deep it almost reached the core. So clearly that was an exceptional situation, not this situation. What should be born in mind is that this is a subduction area, with layers of the North American Plate pushing all the way to the Continental Divide. Even though Yellowstone lies in an area which is a hot spot, there’s enough crust flakes overlapping that it is not just a direct siphon of lava to go kaboom in an explosion. But it will cause ash for some 100 miles in all direction, bad enough that life may be snuffed in those areas. So we would recommend anyone wanting to survive the shift itself, not to be close to Yellowstone but to allow a 100 miles buffer, more miles would be better. "

MrMexBiker

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2011, 01:02:25 PM »
Thanks JimFarmer,
N AZ is much farther than 100 mi from here. Any issues with 5200' elevation?
Mex