Author Topic: Goddess Hecate and Statue of Liberty similarity  (Read 4986 times)

ASEEKERTOO

• Members
  • Prolific Member
Goddess Hecate and Statue of Liberty similarity
« on: May 20, 2011, 10:19:47 AM »
I was blown away by the similarity of The Statue of Liberty and the Goddess Hecate description.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hecate

For instance:
" Hecate has been depicted as a gigantic woman, holding a torch "
" In Thrace she played a role similar to that of lesser-Hermes, namely a governess of liminal
   regions (particularly gates) " NOTE: the reference to the Guardian of GATES..... i.e. Entry points.

" Hecate also came to be associated with ghosts, infernal spirits, the dead and sorcery. Like the
totems of Hermes—herms placed at borders as a ward against danger—images of Hecate
(like Artemis and Diana, often referred to as a "liminal" goddess) were also placed at the gates of cities,
and eventually domestic doorways. Over time, the association with keeping out evil spirits could have
led to the belief that if offended, Hecate could also allow the evil spirits in. "

Amazing. She also has attributes listed that could be thought of as a heavenly object but I think I
won't touch those aspects even with a 10 foot pole.
Ancient Prophecy appears to be fulfilled in the Nightly News.

Lori

Re: Goddess Hecate and Statue of Liberty similarity
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 10:52:04 AM »
Oopsie :o

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 10:54:31 AM »
I was blown away by the similarity of The Statue of Liberty and the Goddess Hecate description.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hecate

For instance:
" Hecate has been depicted as a gigantic woman, holding a torch "
" In Thrace she played a role similar to that of lesser-Hermes, namely a governess of liminal
   regions (particularly gates) " NOTE: the reference to the Guardian of GATES..... i.e. Entry points.

" Hecate also came to be associated with ghosts, infernal spirits, the dead and sorcery. Like the
totems of Hermes—herms placed at borders as a ward against danger—images of Hecate
(like Artemis and Diana, often referred to as a "liminal" goddess) were also placed at the gates of cities,
and eventually domestic doorways. Over time, the association with keeping out evil spirits could have
led to the belief that if offended, Hecate could also allow the evil spirits in. "

Amazing. She also has attributes listed that could be thought of as a heavenly object but I think I
won't touch those aspects even with a 10 foot pole.

Wow!! I learn something every day... that is amazing!
 :)

dougluvn

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 11:01:36 AM »
LOL look at the art in DC there are Pagan gods(ess) every where. There are 28 different "law givers" on the relief on the outside of the supreme court building. At the capital building you can find an owl sitting atop a pyramid drawn out with the streets themselves.  As well as other things.

ASEEKERTOO

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 11:38:30 AM »
LOL look at the art in DC there are Pagan gods(ess) every where. There are 28 different "law givers" on the relief on the outside of the supreme court building. At the capital building you can find an owl sitting atop a pyramid drawn out with the streets themselves.  As well as other things.
:) Knew all of that but not about the Statue of Liberty as a link between this Goddess. You are absolutely
correct; Washington D.C. is awash is SYMBOLISM.
Ancient Prophecy appears to be fulfilled in the Nightly News.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 12:28:10 PM »

Yep. Also you will see Confucius etc.