Author Topic: Any Groups in the Park City, Coalville and Heber Area?  (Read 814 times)

enirx

Any Groups in the Park City, Coalville and Heber Area?
« on: June 17, 2011, 06:30:57 PM »
Hello Everyone!

Understanding that Utah would not fare well from all that is about to happen, Are there any groups with the Summit County Area? Suggestions like, getting to New Mexico maybe....

Please let me know and let's organize as fast as we can!

Etay

noproblemo2

Re: Any Groups in the Park City, Coalville and Heber Area?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 06:51:32 PM »
enirx Welcome to Town Hall.

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 07:01:43 PM »
"Understanding that Utah would not fare well from all that is about to happen, Are there any groups with the Summit County Area? Suggestions like, getting to New Mexico maybe...."

What about the NE corner of Utah, into Colorado,  e.g, Dinosaur National Park?  Very isolated; two rivers, moderately high elevation.

Or, think about Durango, Colorado.  I am working on a move to that location.

enirx

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 07:07:17 PM »
@Jimfarmer

I know the area more or less, will drive there in the next few weeks to check it out. That said, anyone from the Summit county area, please respond. We would need to get there and potentially get old maps as new one would not show bridges.

The only problem with NM is that they are full of govt. stuff.

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 07:25:14 PM »
"The only problem with NM is that they are full of govt. stuff."

And, NM is very dry; hence the current wildfires.  Also, it is next to Mexico, and more Mexican citizens will try to cross the border when food becomes scarce, and border patrols will collapse.

Now, notice that in the Mountain time zone, the southern states are in drought, while the northern states are flooded.   In between them, we find north-west Colorado.  How has the weather there been recently?

enirx

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 07:46:56 PM »
I can tell you that at Park City the weather is very mild, actually it was in the upper 30's last night and we are about 7000ft. in elevation. I presume NW Colo might be somewhat similar depending on the elevation. It would more accessibility and actually getting there... or thereabouts. Doing it alone is daunting, surviving alone as a family is near impossible, especially December as Steamboat Springs Colo can get down to -30. Park City had about 2-3 weeks of bellow zero temperatures. 

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 08:28:35 PM »
"Now, notice that in the Mountain time zone, the southern states are in drought, while the northern states are flooded.   In between them, we find north-west Colorado.  How has the weather there been recently?"

Here we go:  Weather data for Craig, Colorado, which is 198 miles east of Dinosaur National Park Monument.

Usually about 1.0 to 1.8  inches of rainfall every month, varying slightly by season.  Was normal thru March 2011, then April and May each had 3.0 inches of rain.  Temperatures holding normal, approximately.

Dinosaur National Monument: 
http://geology.about.com/od/geology_co/ig/COgallery/dinosaur-national-monument-CO.htm
"The Green River (upper and lower left) meets the Yampa River (right center) in deeply incised canyons in this remote federal parkland in northwestern Colorado."

« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 08:42:00 PM by Jimfarmer »

ARIOCH

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 10:03:40 AM »
I live in the Salt Lake Area and I am also interested in getting to know like minded people in the area of Salt Lake City, Park City, Heber.

terrypat

• Prolific Member
  • My intention is to lead with the heart
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2011, 05:44:07 AM »
I live in the Salt Lake Area and I am also interested in getting to know like minded people in the area of Salt Lake City, Park City, Heber.

Welcome Arioch. I am south of you across the stateline Ut/Az .... Northern Az. We can stay in touch.
You have been telling people that this is the 11th hour.

Now you must go back & tell people  this  is  "The Hour" .

The Elders , Oraibi Arizona, Hopi Nation

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2012, 12:03:53 PM »
I can tell you that at Park City the weather is very mild, actually it was in the upper 30's last night and we are about 7000ft. in elevation. I presume NW Colo might be somewhat similar depending on the elevation. It would more accessibility and actually getting there... or thereabouts. Doing it alone is daunting, surviving alone as a family is near impossible, especially December as Steamboat Springs Colo can get down to -30. Park City had about 2-3 weeks of bellow zero temperatures.

To enirx,
if you are still coming here to read this is to say, consider Re-applying for your Free Membership to the Town Hall.
We had a problem with the system awhile back and lost some Members.
I am one of the people approving the applications.
If you do reapply use the same user name, if possible, and make sure all info is filled out.
- Barb Townsend
  Topic Admin
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 11:04:35 PM by Yowbarb »