Author Topic: Bugout camping survival videos  (Read 2939 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
Bugout camping survival videos
« on: July 27, 2011, 06:41:15 AM »
There is a four four letter words in the video, which the young man uses repeatedly, so if that bothers ya don't watch it. There is some useful info here. - Yowbarb

Survival Bugout Camping Practice - part 1 
FreeLovingAmerican

VIDEO:  http://youtu.be/wlcaamRM7Lk

Uploaded by FreeLovingAmerican on Aug 19, 2010

3 day survival camping bugout practice trip. Ended up being 1 day. If you have not tested your equipment and gear, DO IT.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
Re: Bugout camping survival videos
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 06:43:18 AM »
Survival Bugout Camping Practice - part 2   4:32

3 day survival camping bugout practice trip. Ended up being 1 day. If you have not tested your equipment and gear, DO IT.

VIDEO:  http://youtu.be/MO4wZ_TbGSA

Arianna

Re: Bugout camping survival
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 07:30:50 AM »
Camping Survival

I recommend a sub-zero tent and sleeping bag
Temperatures are expected to drastically fluctuate over the next few years.

If you're in temps below 40 degrees...

Forget the tent

You'll need a hammock, rope, a large tarp and about 30 ft of string.

Find a stream that heads uphill into the trees until you're out of sight.

Hang your hammock between two trees.

Tie three simple knots in your rope around each of the two trees to hang your hammock.  Family-size hammock highly recommended.

Then tie a string directly above your hammock from tree to tree.

Throw a tarp over the string and tie the four corners down so water runs off.

Simple, easy, fast, cheap, totally comfortable.

Store your drinks - and your cooler - in the stream, downstream from your camp.  If a heavy rain comes, remove your things from the stream to prevent the heavy rainwater from washing everything away.

Do not keep food near your campsite.  Bears can smell your food.  Keep your food  downstream, in the stream.

Be smart.

Ten years ago I - a single mom - took my young daughters on a camping trip, using the simple tips detailed above which I got from a friend.  Our camping trip was a TOTAL success.  My daughters had a blast playing in their large hammock and playing in the stream.  We were there for days.  Not one complaint from the kids.  Not one dangerous encounter.  We did see bear prints (scarey!), we saw deer and heard scarey animal sounds.  I kept a knife in my pocket all night.  I highly recommend bear spray.  It costs about $30.  The hammocks were $60.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 09:09:16 AM »
Survival Bugout Camping Practice - part 2   4:32

VIDEO:  http://youtu.be/MO4wZ_TbGSA

I think one of the point of the video is, how many things can go wrong if someone needs to suddenly but out and is unprepared. It's a cold cruel world.
YB

Arianna

I apologize: Correction
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 09:17:54 AM »
If you're in temps ABOVE 40 degrees...

I recommend using the hammock and tarp/clear plastic rather than a tent.

It's MUCH easier, more fun, cheaper, etc.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
Re: I apologize: Correction
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 10:02:25 AM »
If you're in temps ABOVE 40 degrees...

I recommend using the hammock and tarp/clear plastic rather than a tent.

It's MUCH easier, more fun, cheaper, etc.

Arianna you are posting good ideas!
Thanks,  ;)
Yowbarb

bk

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 04:10:53 PM »
Set up 2 bags Tue. for the kids just in case. No food bars just Mountain House and some powdered potatoes, cup a soup (looking for high carbs). Will get a couple MRE's Thur, to complete.

noproblemo2

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 04:25:28 PM »
Set up 2 bags Tue. for the kids just in case. No food bars just Mountain House and some powdered potatoes, cup a soup (looking for high carbs). Will get a couple MRE's Thur, to complete.
Wise idea to be prepared bk. What area are you in?

bk

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 06:06:48 PM »
To close to the coast Myrtle Beach S.C.

I have been looking at land in the Pickens area of S.C. elevation 1000 to 1200 feet and within 8 miles of Sassafras Mountain elevation over 3000 feet. About a 4 hour drive from me.

noproblemo2

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 06:10:46 PM »

I have been looking at land in the Pickens area of S.C. elevation 1000 to 1200 feet and within 8 miles of Sassafras Mountain elevation over 3000 feet. About a 4 hour drive from me.
I know the feeling well.... As Ed says be prepared by August 1st as best one can...........

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2011, 12:11:35 PM »

To the best of my knowledge that sounds like a good choice. I did look up that Pickens elevation awhile ago when you had posted about it.
I do not know if the ground there is somehow different from Alabama mountains, but recently I was alarmed to see a sinkhole video filmed on Pickens Mountain, That is Alabama. Sinkholes open up a whole new problem, puns intended.
I am also gravitating toward northern Georgia because it would be a close enough bugout for my east coast and Florida family.
Barb Townsend

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2011, 03:42:46 PM »
bug out survival shelter    10:02    13,257 Views

VIDEO LINK:  http://youtu.be/09zl5dugqp4

Uploaded by millionaire1963 on Mar 26, 2011

survival /bug out shelter 8x8x8 put it any where throw it in a truck or on a small trailer see what you think let me know. check out my blog. http://kevinsmicrohomestead.wordpress.com/

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2011, 03:45:35 PM »
Bug Out Shipping Container Cabin.MPG   3:25 56,938 Views

VIDEO LINK:  http://youtu.be/0zxjy57V7pU
Uploaded by okanoganforest on Feb 22, 2011

What makes a secure practical long-term bug out or survival shelter? What makes a good primitive cabin which is safe from rodents and other animals during periods when you are away? What makes a cabin that's cool in the hot hot weather of summer and warm during the below zero temperatures of winter? This is my solution for a wonderful primitive camp. No electricity, no telephones, no urban noise and wildlife all around. Its simple and it works! A refrigerated container or refer with a nice little wood stove will provide dry, warm and safe living deep in bear and cougar country. From this base we can we can hunt, hike, ski, snow mobile, or snow shoe. Or as is often the case just sit back by the campfire and enjoy the natural world.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2011, 03:48:03 PM »
Underground shipping container bunker  5:14  14,896

VIDEO LINK: http://youtu.be/4JNobiOxTZM

Uploaded by TrYaBuRRiTo987 on Aug 28, 2011

READ: i must say that the guy on the video never said it cant be done, just that it wasn't safe..... Our Unfinished underground shelter made of three 40ft shipping containers we painted the entire outside with a latex rubberized paint reinforced the inside with some woodwork and wired it to the grid temporarily until we get our solar panels please fill free to ask questions i would be glad to answer and help i will post more videos as our progress goes along. P.S sorry for the bad camera next video i will use a better one

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2011, 03:42:51 PM »
HOBO STOVE BUSHCRAFT BBQ BUGOUT SURVIVAL Part 1 Update A.MPG 2:08

VIDEO LINK: http://youtu.be/C1i4eHrmxgE 

Uploaded by okanoganforest on Sep 16, 2011

Earthquakes, Tsunamis, Economic Meltdowns, Hard Times and Self Reliance are all things we may think about when we "hope for the best and prepare for the worst." The pleasures of Bushcraft, Simple Living and a well organized camp are good things in themselves. This is about a simple stove that you can make for less than 10 dollars. It's a fun camping tool but also could help you eat a cooked meal if unexpected events intrude on your plans. PART: 1 -- UPDATE: A.
HOBO STOVE BUSHCRAFT BBQ BUG OUT SURVIVAL Part 2. 6:22

Video Link:  http://youtu.be/WZcFfAuObck

Uploaded by okanoganforest on Jun 9, 2011
Earthquakes, Tsunamis, Economic Meltdowns, Hard Times and Self Reliance are all things we may think about when we "hope for the best and prepare for the worst." The pleasures of Bushcraft, Simple Living and a well organized camp are good things in themselves. This is about a simple stove that you can make for less than 10 dollars. It's a fun camping tool but also could help you eat a cooked meal if unexpected events intrude on your plans.
HOBO STOVE BUSHCRAFT BBQ BUGOUT SURVIVAL Part 3.MPG  2:20

VIDEO LINK: http://youtu.be/MqiFUZrsN38

Uploaded by okanoganforest on Jun 9, 2011
Earthquakes, Tsunamis, Economic Meltdowns, Hard Times and Self Reliance are all things we may think about when we "hope for the best and prepare for the worst." The pleasures of Bushcraft, Simple Living and a well organized camp are good things in themselves. This is about a simple stove that you can make for less than 10 dollars. It's a fun camping tool but also could help you eat a cooked meal if unexpected events intrude on your plans.
HOBO STOVE BUSHCRAFT BBQ BUGOUT SURVIVAL Part 1  9:48

VIDEO:  http://youtu.be/ckaA3hvanpk

Uploaded by okanoganforest on Apr 23, 2011
Earthquakes, Tsunamis, Economic Meltdowns, Hard Times and Self Reliance are all things we may think about when we "hope for the best and prepare for the worst." The pleasures of Bushcraft, Simple Living and a well organized camp are good things in themselves. This is about a simple stove that you can make for less than 10 dollars. It's a fun camping tool but also could help you eat a cooked meal if unexpected events intrude on your plans

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!