Bob E. > Boneyard Survival Gadgets, misc. info

The Hand Car

<< < (2/2)

enlightenme:
What excellent ideas!!  I'm wondering if I could possibly convince my tinkering husband to make us one (He's pretty sure all my WILD IDEAS aren't going to happen, but he's getting better).  I highly doubt I would come across one at a local auction, but wouldn't that be an excellent find if I could!!! I have come across some pretty wild stuff at local auctions, the old time manual stuff that would/will be great for when everything else is gone...

terrypat:
I have a 1971 Schwinn Varsity 10 spd. that I am restoring. I may possibly add an outrigger & sail ..... Hmmmm. American ingenuity rises to the occasion. Used old school 10 spds are super cheap. 5-10 bucks .... Find a complete one. Hunting down parts is a pain.

enlightenme:
My Dad has a 1970's Schwinn 10 speed he wants to sell.  It's in really great shape (he always took real good care of his stuff) and since he's now 87 and admits he can't really ride it anymore, I think I'm going to buy it from him and keep it for myself.  Also, a friend of mine used to have a Schwinn bike shop and may still have some parts and such (I know he sold most of them on EBAY a few years back).  If you want, you can PM me and I could check for you to see if he still has any of his stuff left.

terrypat:

--- Quote from: enlightenme on October 18, 2011, 08:52:31 AM ---My Dad has a 1970's Schwinn 10 speed he wants to sell.  It's in really great shape (he always took real good care of his stuff) and since he's now 87 and admits he can't really ride it anymore, I think I'm going to buy it from him and keep it for myself.  Also, a friend of mine used to have a Schwinn bike shop and may still have some parts and such (I know he sold most of them on EBAY a few years back).  If you want, you can PM me and I could check for you to see if he still has any of his stuff left.

--- End quote ---

Thank you for the offer. There is a person on Ebay that has 2 bike stores. Schwinn Store & Bicycle Heaven. He is remaking the decals. There is also a man in Phx that has the formula's to the correct paint colors & is mixing quantities. Cool beans on the old school Schwinn of your fathers. Ride & enjoy. If hubby makes you a rail cruiser, I'd use a different bike from your dad's. Dad's bike most likely is bone stock.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version