Author Topic: 1st Earthquake Drill for Portugal 24/11/11  (Read 1499 times)

inselemel

1st Earthquake Drill for Portugal 24/11/11
« on: October 19, 2011, 01:42:09 PM »
http://www.theportugalnews.com/cgi-bin/article.pl?id=1134-10

"Portugal’s first national earthquake drill is to be held at 11.15am on 24 November, by the Civil Protection National Volunteers Association (REDE).

”At a national level it is the first time, and our ambition is for it to have a big impact on communities and citizens in various locations, especially in schools, shopping centres and wherever people are at that moment,” REDE member Flávio Barbini told Lusa News Agency.

This national public exercise called ‘Terramoto’ will be held in schools, shopping centres and municipal squares.

The awareness raising action, promoted by the National Civil Protection Authority (ANPC), will include seven steps to inform people how they should react before, during and after an earthquake.

“The most important thing is people. They will be responsible for adopting the right measures at that moment,” said Mr. Barbini, during an international seminar about seismic risk held at the ANPC headquarters this week."

Does the government of Portugal know something..........

steviecarrick6

• Trusted Member
    • View Profile
Re: 1st Earthquake Drill for Portugal 24/11/11
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 03:16:45 PM »
not on the same scale - but I noticed a first in the northern ireland area - siesmologist people in the carrickfergus hills area - all the gear and vehicles - antennae etc - not your local departmental set up.  interesting.
there are none so deaf as those who do not want to hear.. . . nor none so blind that do not wish to see ..

inselemel

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 05:22:27 AM »
That is interesting Stevie,
i know when they started fracking in Northern England it started minor earthquakes and the govt stepped into stop it and had one of their 'reviews' don't know if they have restarted fracking - i should think not but big business will be big business and usually do what they want. I also saw a few months ago a emergency drill re the Clyde tunnel in Glasgow (don't know if it is a periodic thing - terrorism or the fact that it is a tunnel under water).

I maybe getting carried away or away with the fairies but maybe  the carrickfergus one is a downed craft that WOULD be interesting ;D ;D ;D.

Keep us posted if you find out anything interesting???

enlightenme

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • I won't give up, not even after the last sunset!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 06:23:29 AM »
I just heard on the weather channel that they are having the first ever earthquake drill in CA today ( I believe they said at 10:20, I would assume am pacific time?)

inselemel

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 06:47:22 AM »
enlightenme - it's all very interesting, will have to check if there is anymore earthquake/disaster drills anywhere else in the world.

inselemel

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 08:02:27 AM »
Earthquake Drill also happening in British Columbia, Canada today. 520,000 participants largest earthquake drill in Canadian history. http://www.shakeoutbc.ca/

Ed Douglas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 10:01:54 AM »
Unusual. We didn't even have earthquake drills, when learning to get under our desk and putting our head between our legs, for nuclear warfare. Now, suddenly all of these countries are having drills?   ed

BuddhaKitty

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 03:14:39 PM »
we just had one now, epicenter was berkeley and registered at 3.9.

EDIT:  this probably refers to an earthquake, not a drill.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 09:43:29 AM by Jimfarmer »

inselemel

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 03:30:45 AM »
Unusual. We didn't even have earthquake drills, when learning to get under our desk and putting our head between our legs, for nuclear warfare. Now, suddenly all of these countries are having drills?   ed

Makes you think they know something we don't or they believe like us about the Earth Changes and prophecies are about to come true........ ;) ;) ;)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2011, 09:09:06 AM »
I just heard on the weather channel that they are having the first ever earthquake drill in CA today ( I believe they said at 10:20, I would assume am pacific time?)

CA wow. Well if ever a place needed a drill...
Yowbarb

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!