Author Topic: Medical Marijuana - Charlie Little's Topic  (Read 5210 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
Re: Medical Marijuana - Charlie Little's Topic
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2011, 03:39:09 PM »
Well, thanks for the info, anyway.
- Barb Townsend
Topic Administrator

BuddhaKitty

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2011, 03:40:09 PM »
I'm relieved to know that so many of you are o.k. with medical marijuana and are aware of its benefits.  The stuff has helped me with multiple sclerosis.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2011, 05:31:23 PM »
I'm relieved to know that so many of you are o.k. with medical marijuana and are aware of its benefits.  The stuff has helped me with multiple sclerosis.

BuddhaKitty thank you for sharing that. It is good to know about even more conditions
that it helps.
- Yowbarb

Charlie

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2011, 09:34:17 AM »
Discover Channel airing "Weed Wars", premier tonight 10:00 E/P.  A look at the medical marijuana industry.

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/weed-wars/

BuddhaKitty

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2011, 09:39:39 AM »

BuddhaKitty thank you for sharing that. It is good to know about even more conditions
that it helps.
- Yowbarb

You're very welcome, as a matter of fact Montel Williams has m.s. and is a big marijuana advocate.  Combined with a good diet with lots of protein and veggies, it is very helpful for m.s.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2011, 01:46:14 PM »

that it helps.
- Yowbarb

You're very welcome, as a matter of fact Montel Williams has m.s. and is a big marijuana advocate.  Combined with a good diet with lots of protein and veggies, it is very helpful for m.s.

Wow I never knew Montel had MS. He must be very intelligent about his life choices and lifestyle...
Someone I knew years ago I helped find here a special treatment center Illinois I think it was.... It actually worked. Totally natural injections.
Not sure if I could retrieve that info...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2011, 06:44:06 AM »
Cant argue that. Its medical benefits are extraordinary. However from a spiritual side it is addictive, and can leave one without energy. When used correctly it serves it purpose. Like any other medicine it has its pros and cons.

I agree on this statement.
The reason I decided to be on the side of medical marijuana (always was actually) is if someone is in severe pain or terminal how can they be denied that prescription? I do know it works for alleviating severe pain and a multitude of symptoms.
I also know if used a lot it can leave a person in a fog and barely able to hold down a job. It varies with the person of course. I feel if we are back to primitive living. If that happens  then this will be a necessary plant.) I won't go out of my way to plant it but if someone wants to use it certainly not going to stop them.
I don't think we will have much in the way of tylenol morphine etc. ...

chaunska

« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2011, 02:28:56 PM »
Plant poppies....(Papaver Somniferum)   There are books on this subject.

Charlie

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2011, 10:06:10 AM »
Plant poppies....(Papaver Somniferum)   There are books on this subject.

Haven't been online much since posting that weed wars was going to be on.  I was sorely disappointed and think it does nothing to give medical marijuana any good outlook. Just me perhaps. 

Funny you mention Papaver Somniferum Chaunska.  I ordered some Lemon Balm seeds online and got these as a freebie. had to look it up to see what they were.  Now I have probably three dozen different herb seeds to plant in the Spring and poppie seeds lol.  Found out alot of info on poppy seeds in my research too.  Even the kinds you can buy in the store in the spice section.  People get them and make tea and get messed up.  That stuff is way addictive!  One couple has created a website warning people of poppy seed tea their son got hooked on and died from overdose. Poppy seeds from the supermarket.

chaunska

« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2012, 08:42:27 PM »
Morphine and poppy seeds do not heal....only to be used as a pain killer, sedative and anesthesia in emergency situations.   It heals nothing.

steedy

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2012, 08:44:57 AM »
So interesting you have a topic like this.  I've been thinking a lot about this for a couple of years as something I should have for the aftertimes, even though I never thought about it before at all.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2012, 03:44:42 PM »
Just some thoughts...I am not a drug user but I will say this, any natural substance which will ease terrible pain and (possibly even) ease the end of life situation I am all in favor of. We cannot know for sure what the coming two years hold, or even beyond but it is possible we survivors will have to make do with whatever we have. Every group should ideally sort out where they draw the line and how to help someone who is suffering or dying.
As I say I am not a drug user but many many years ago I was in a lot of pain in my back, incapacitating. I had five kids to raise. Someone brought some grass 'round and I said I did not use it any more. However I did take one toke, then one more later on and the pain was gone for a couple of days. I didn't rely on it beyond that, but the deal is I can personally say it was an amazing pain reliever. (I don't recommend it for every day but as a survival medical tool.)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2013, 03:58:32 PM »
Yowbarb Note:
Today I signed a Florida state petition allowing the use of medical marijuana for the treatment of glaucoma. I had read somewhere it helps glaucoma...A couple links below.
The medical marijuana reduces the pressure in the eye, which is very helpful.

http://www.glaucoma.org/treatment/medical-marijuana.php

http://www.glaucoma.org/treatment/should-you-be-smoking-marijuana-to-treat-your-glaucoma-1.php

Montanabarb

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2014, 12:41:52 PM »
Yowbarb Note:
Today I signed a Florida state petition allowing the use of medical marijuana for the treatment of glaucoma. I had read somewhere it helps glaucoma...A couple links below.
The medical marijuana reduces the pressure in the eye, which is very helpful.

http://www.glaucoma.org/treatment/medical-marijuana.php

http://www.glaucoma.org/treatment/should-you-be-smoking-marijuana-to-treat-your-glaucoma-1.php

What great strides have been made in the three years since this thread started!  My feeling has always been that marijuana is still around making fortunes for bad guys, BECAUSE it is outlawed!  Legalizing it takes away the big money and saves our taxpayers huge amount of money used for enforcement an imprisonment.

My daughter is Executive Assistant to the CEO of the second biggest grower in Colorado, and she has heart wrenching stories about the people, especially children, who have been helped by the products made from cannabis. 

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2014, 07:29:37 PM »
Montanabarb that's very true the medical marijuana really does help a lot of people It is often given in a form which has nothing to do with smoking or getting high.
Many terminally ill or in pain individuals have got a lot of relief also from smoking it. With the children they administer it in a pill type form.
I'm not an expert on it but read enough to know it helps and has been researched.
Yes, I'm sure your daughter has learned a lot about it helping sick people...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!