Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: SEEDS, started by Yowbarb 2010  (Read 34176 times)

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: SEEDS, started by Yowbarb 2010
« Reply #120 on: October 17, 2017, 05:41:08 PM »
This is more of a caveat than anything.  Finally this year I was able to grow a modest batch of pumpkins (Baby Pam), and also bought a bunch from farmer friend (New England Pie Pumpkin).  The main reason is that pumpkin flesh and seeds are useful in repelling and defeating worms/parasites in many types of livestock, and here that would be goats.

So, after using a couple of pumpkins for goat feed, I had carefully laid out seeds in a monolayer, and when I thought they were dry, carefully put them in jar with loose-fitting lid.  Well, they apparently weren't dry enough, as when I glanced at them today, they were covered with black flecks forming, and were mostly stuck together.  Yikes!  Had to toss it all in trash and what a sad lesson in not hurrying along the drying process.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: SEEDS, started by Yowbarb 2010
« Reply #121 on: October 17, 2017, 08:27:11 PM »
This is more of a caveat than anything.  Finally this year I was able to grow a modest batch of pumpkins (Baby Pam), and also bought a bunch from farmer friend (New England Pie Pumpkin).  The main reason is that pumpkin flesh and seeds are useful in repelling and defeating worms/parasites in many types of livestock, and here that would be goats.

So, after using a couple of pumpkins for goat feed, I had carefully laid out seeds in a monolayer, and when I thought they were dry, carefully put them in jar with loose-fitting lid.  Well, they apparently weren't dry enough, as when I glanced at them today, they were covered with black flecks forming, and were mostly stuck together.  Yikes!  Had to toss it all in trash and what a sad lesson in not hurrying along the drying process.

ilinda, something to watch out for...Good to know...
Thkx

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!