Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: Battery type size what is best for you  (Read 3264 times)

1969quartz0

• Members
  • Prolific Member
Battery type size what is best for you
« on: April 07, 2010, 02:12:34 PM »
This area should cover battery info. type, price, size, lifespan, setup, charging, etc.

1969quartz0

• Members
  • Prolific Member
Re: Battery type size what is best for you
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 06:30:04 PM »
You can choose many types of batteries for your system, I have lead acid about 1000 amp hours at 12 volts. this will power most of my needs, led lighting water pumps and air flow for the better part of a week if I do not waste power, this is assuming I do not charge the system at all these should last eight to ten years if you are lucky output dropping off as time goes on you should be able to find many of these from cars after a disaster get them before they die do not wait.
If you have the money buy some Nickle Iron Edison batteries for the long haul you can buy them from two sources new that I know of BeUtilityFree in the U.S.A. made in China and Iron Core in Australia made in China the only place that makes them still. BeUtillityFree  has not been a good experience, Iron Core in Australia seems like a better company they both have a lock on sales no one else sells them new. now if you have a little do it yourself in you you can buy used real made in the U.S.A. antique Edison batteries from one source that I know of they are very rare this mans father and grandfather bought tens thousands from the military and railroads and resold them for less money then new with a better then new guarantee his grandfather was sued by Thomas Alva Edison and Edison lost he has a few hundred left I have a few thousand amp hours worth of them and they will be with me until I die and then go to my boys who like them almost as much. this post is getting a little long most had not been charged in 30-40 years he put a heavy charge to them brought them in January they sat outside until March I brought them in warmed them up and ran heavy loads for a long time I was impressed to say the least they weight about 550 pounds for a ten cell set and case for the c-8 450 amp hours battery I bought many sets he is in New York and brought them to me in two trips and he is a great guy to deal with these are not new the cases are bad and there will be a few bad cell I will have to fix but he will if you buy a few sets make it up with extra cells but you would have to work that out with him. I would never push any one person but he is the only one I have ever found selling them they are better then the new China batteries and 1/8th the price but you need to give them some TLC new electrolyte new case etc. his Name is Hawley Smith you can sometimes find him on EBAY I will have to ask him if I can put his email on this site I will talk about the good and bad of these batteries another time or look them up they have their place in a time with no grid power for many years.

1969quartz0

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 06:11:02 PM »
 In one of my other posts I said I would add contact info. For Nickle Iron batteries antiques made in the U.S.A. they are some of the last in the country. he said it was O.K. to contact him Hawley Smith his email is liftron2000@yahoo.com he lives in New York. He is a very nice guy if he leaves a phone number and you talk have your questions ready and a fuel charge on you cell battery.

Icon

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 09:30:53 PM »
I would love to have some of those, but I would be broke going to NY. My vehicle caused the last gas shortage,,

1969quartz0

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 04:53:03 AM »
Icon I feel your pain my daily driver is a 2000 Diesel Ford Excursion. Send him a email leave your phone number, he works all over the country he shipped my batteries to Michigan in two trips, and he was going to ship them to Montana to my brother my brother changed his mind he is building a new house, he may have a job in Washington latter this year and he may charge less then you think if you can  wait until you are on his or close to his trip path.

AG

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 02:09:13 PM »
Please look over this link I posted.
My electrical is a battery, so can work for a long time. Yes to be fair is not done yet, but a lot of progress into it. I think this is important to have electricity.
I put "my strategy" into so you can input your ideas.
http://planetxtownhall.com/index.php?topic=440.msg9530#msg9530

A

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!