Author Topic: New Topic/ End of Times Depression  (Read 12334 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
Re: New Topic/ End of Times Depression
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2010, 02:14:10 PM »
Just a little thought about one way to put off or cut down on the depression and stress of all these thoughts and changes: Vitamin B1. Any kind of prescription drug wipes out B1, and to my knowledge, so does stress.

Add the foods which have the complete B complex...I used to give my kids freshly made popcorn (in a pan on the stove) and put some oil and a little salt and some brewers yeast. Not all yeasts are alike some are actually tasty. The kids loved it!!

I wasn't always been so good on the diet but perodicaly we would have brewers yeast, wheat germ, whole grain like Essene bread (frozen in a good health food store) or even some grape nuts. It all helped...
I know this is  not a Topic about foods or vites but it will help...without some B vites and also magnesium (and all the vites/min to balance it) we are sunk.
May as well try to stay sane...
All The Best,
Yowbarb

Curious_Lola

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2010, 04:41:08 PM »
I wanted to chime in on this topic.  I TOTALLY AGREE with Yowbarb on this!!  As a mother of two small kids, 8 and 5, I agree that all kids are different on how they can handle certain issues.  Take my 8 year old for example.  She is very mature for her age.  We had a death in the family due to cancer a few years back, and she insisted on going to the viewing as well as the funeral.  Of course questions about cancer and death came up.  I answered her questions truthfully, but not graphically.  Now her sister on the other hand would stress to no end if I explained that to her. I would have to select my words carefully with her. As a parent, we know our kids and their limits on info that they can handle. 

My suggestion is to be honest with them...but tell them at their level.  And...ask them questions.  If little Suzie asks you if the Earth will end, ask her why she wonders such a thing.  Maybe she has had a dream and can give you insight to it.  I also believe that kids know alot more than they let us on to know, and understand alot more than we give them credit for.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 04:43:45 PM by Curious_Lola »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2010, 11:39:32 PM »
I wanted to chime in on this topic.  I TOTALLY AGREE with Yowbarb on this!!  As a mother of two small kids, 8 and 5, I agree that all kids are different on how they can handle certain issues.  Take my 8 year old for example.  She is very mature for her age.  We had a death in the family due to cancer a few years back, and she insisted on going to the viewing as well as the funeral.  Of course questions about cancer and death came up.  I answered her questions truthfully, but not graphically.  Now her sister on the other hand would stress to no end if I explained that to her. I would have to select my words carefully with her. As a parent, we know our kids and their limits on info that they can handle. 

My suggestion is to be honest with them...but tell them at their level.  And...ask them questions.  If little Suzie asks you if the Earth will end, ask her why she wonders such a thing.  Maybe she has had a dream and can give you insight to it.  I also believe that kids know alot more than they let us on to know, and understand alot more than we give them credit for.

Lola, it sounds like you have a very good and open communication with your children,  :)
So true -  each child is different and handles reality and the rapidly moving changes in a situation - differently.
I like your concept of asking them why they feel something will happen, if they originate that something will happen.
- Yowbarb

errrv

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2011, 11:06:00 PM »
Well, here's my two cents. I am very concerned with the way the generation behind me raises their kids. My wife (before she left) was 13 yrs younger than me and the primary caregiver to my kids while I went off to war. She had those little kids on so much dope; all because she didn't want to deal with them. Now I have all but one off the MEDS, & she's taking a1/4 of a pill a day now.
You have to LOVE your kids! You have to PLAY with your kids! You have to TEACH your kids! Ever since I took over, they are great kids, no problems. If you don't take care of your kids who will? Barney? Ernie & Bert?
When we play in the back yard, we ALL play! Show them how to play army with sticks & pine cones. Show them how to play tag, or build a fort! That sh*t is FUN! That's all the kids want anyways is to be loved & cared for.
We clean house together, I always help. We put on loud music and make a game out of it. Everyone works, and when we are through, we get a Popsicle!

My girls trust me when I tell them "don't worry about the changes coming, I will take care of you". I teach them everything I can to survive, and they love it because I'm giving them the attention they so desperately need from their daddy.

Cheers, erv

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2011, 10:29:35 AM »
Well, here's my two cents. I am very concerned with the way the generation behind me raises their kids. My wife (before she left) was 13 yrs younger than me and the primary caregiver to my kids while I went off to war. She had those little kids on so much dope; all because she didn't want to deal with them. Now I have all but one off the MEDS, & she's taking a1/4 of a pill a day now.
You have to LOVE your kids! You have to PLAY with your kids! You have to TEACH your kids! Ever since I took over, they are great kids, no problems. If you don't take care of your kids who will? Barney? Ernie & Bert?
When we play in the back yard, we ALL play! Show them how to play army with sticks & pine cones. Show them how to play tag, or build a fort! That sh*t is FUN! That's all the kids want anyways is to be loved & cared for.
We clean house together, I always help. We put on loud music and make a game out of it. Everyone works, and when we are through, we get a Popsicle!

My girls trust me when I tell them "don't worry about the changes coming, I will take care of you". I teach them everything I can to survive, and they love it because I'm giving them the attention they so desperately need from their daddy.

Cheers, erv

Erv you are doing a good thing. Keep it up which I am sure you will.  :)
If they get too hyper to handle it helps to settle them down in the evening and give calcium magnesium drink just a little so it doesn't give the runs...
Some kids who are bright and outgoing are "a handful," I know...
My kids were up early and wanted to stay up til eleven o' clock jumping around on the beds... five of them.
The circles I move in, we are very anti psych drugs particularly for minors. Not one person I know personally would sedate their kids.
Good Luck,
Yowbarb
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 10:31:31 AM by Yowbarb »

errrv

« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2011, 12:45:13 PM »
If my girls get too hyper, I put them in the backyard & we play tag. I start off being it and I pretty much stay in a 10' circle while they run around me! Make them run! They are tough little Marines & getting tougher every day!
Erv

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2011, 08:21:18 AM »
If my girls get too hyper, I put them in the backyard & we play tag. I start off being it and I pretty much stay in a 10' circle while they run around me! Make them run! They are tough little Marines & getting tougher every day!
Erv

Well that's good too, exercise!
 :)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2011, 12:08:06 PM »
Being silly one of the best solutions I know,
Yowbarb

Hahaha   1:41   192,509,765

Video:  http://youtu.be/5P6UU6m3cqk

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2011, 12:20:15 PM »
So silly!  ;D

Dad at Comedy Barn

http://youtu.be/Z4Y4keqTV6w

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2012, 08:50:35 PM »
Making instant calcium magnesium drinks and also taking Valerian help with feelings of hopelessness, worry and etc. Help with sleep.
Trial and error for herbs which help you. Not all herbs are for everyone.
Many of us older folk are on a cocktail of medical drugs...
This burns out magnesium and also (very much) burns out B1.
The whole B complex, supplemented with a B1 tablet daily really helps...

PS easy does on any dose of anything whether it be a med or natural if given to kids...
I used to give my kids CalMag but never valerian. I only gave it to my son - bought him a bottle once - but he was an adult...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 12:44:34 PM by Yowbarb »

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!