Author Topic: 4 Stages of awakening to your life purpose  (Read 5436 times)

Linda

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
4 Stages of awakening to your life purpose
« on: April 18, 2010, 10:34:36 AM »
The Four Stages of Awakening to Your Life Purpose:

Stage one
Linda :)

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.

Pbutter72

Re: 4 Stages of awakening to your life purpose
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 04:15:17 PM »
Great Link Linda!

What keeps me on track:

• Frequent Meditation :)
  • Listening to my Heart
  • Love

Hope this Helps!

Blessings
pB

Linda

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 08:53:56 AM »
Great ideas PButter for keeping on track. I also find if I mediate at least 30 min a day I am much calmer and able to process whats going on without stress. Listening to our hearts to me is the same as intuition and that is key which in turn opens us up to love. You have great insight!

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.

Linda

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 06:05:09 PM »
Do you believe that we are born with a purpose for this life? Some believe that we choose our life path before we incarnate in this life. If you believe we have a purpose, how do you think we figure that out? Do we just know, or do certain situations happen in a synchronized pattern to lead us down a certain path?

Ed Douglas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 06:23:35 PM »
Linda, I don't tell of this very often, but before I had my heart attack, in 2003, I had foreseen my death. Everything happened as I had envisioned. They even had the group of doctors that harvest organs present at my surgery.(I don't think they expected me to make it). But, something had changed. It was a battle, but I am alive, although disabled. I have since then had a belief that there is/was someone whom I am supposed to help. Every time I go to my Martial Arts class that I advise and consult, I wonder which student/students am I supposed to effect. I have to laugh, because my cardiologist, one of the best around here, has mentioned that he is surprised I am still around, my last two visits. Obviously, the person hasn't arrived yet, or, I haven't helped them yet, because I am still here going strong. I guess you could say that I believe in fate, and having a purpose. I am very blessed.

Linda

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 07:43:55 PM »
Wow Ed, that is a wonderful inspirational story. I am sure you do have a purpose and it may very well be the people on this site that you help.

I have had a similar story where my whole direction in life changed. I knew ahead of time that something was going to happen to me, because I was warned to prepare for it. I made the preparations I felt led to do still without knowing exactly what or when this "thing" was going to happen. Eventually about 6 months later in June of 1998 I became ill with Gillian Barre Syndrome, was paralyzed and in the hospital for 6 months, and left with some disability. My direction in life changed from that point on, and I also realize that I have people to help and things to accomplish, so I take it one day at a time.

Thanks for sharing that Ed.

Linda

Ed Douglas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 08:19:50 PM »
We will take it one day at a time, together.  All of us.

Linda

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 03:53:15 AM »
Ed, is Martial Arts your way of keeping in shape? I do weight training and some yoga thrown in. I am going to try Qi gong one of these days.

Linda

Ed Douglas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is Futile
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 08:01:50 AM »
At this point, I do what I can, but I mostly just walk. I do go to what I used to call "my class", twice a week, but my head instructor is the main teacher, and I just assist and advise what I can. I was still very active, even at age 52, when I had the heart attack. But I have been doing a martial art of some kind, for over 40 years. It led me to other training, for my mind. It may have helped save my life, with the mind over body training. There are many times that I want to warn the students and tell them about 2012, but that is not why I am there, and would probably scare most of them away.haha

Linda

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 10:08:28 AM »
It's amazing what we can learn when we really listen to ourselves. I know what you mean about warning people about 2012,, they tend to freak out or think your a kook.  ;D

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2010, 10:06:28 AM »
Linda, I don't tell of this very often, but before I had my heart attack, in 2003, I had foreseen my death. Everything happened as I had envisioned. They even had the group of doctors that harvest organs present at my surgery.(I don't think they expected me to make it). But, something had changed. It was a battle, but I am alive, although disabled. I have since then had a belief that there is/was someone whom I am supposed to help. Every time I go to my Martial Arts class that I advise and consult, I wonder which student/students am I supposed to effect. I have to laugh, because my cardiologist, one of the best around here, has mentioned that he is surprised I am still around, my last two visits. Obviously, the person hasn't arrived yet, or, I haven't helped them yet, because I am still here going strong. I guess you could say that I believe in fate, and having a purpose. I am very blessed.

Ed, I agree yours is an inspirational story. I am sure you have a positive impact on many people's lives.
Very glad you are here.
Keep on a keepin on,
Yowbarb

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 08:59:01 PM »

Stage one

August 17, 11:59 AM EDT

Happy Birthday Linda!

augonit

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2011, 09:10:38 AM »
So what are the four stages to awakening to your life purpose? 

Linda

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2011, 09:12:33 AM »

Stage one

August 17, 11:59 AM EDT

Happy Birthday Linda!

Hey Barb, thanks for the Birthday wish!!!

Linda

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2011, 09:15:16 AM »
So what are the four stages to awakening to your life purpose?

Augonit, this is one of those threads that somehow had parts of it deleted, I see if I can re-post it.

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!