Author Topic: Teaching your children an emergency plan  (Read 1460 times)

Linda

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
Teaching your children an emergency plan
« on: April 19, 2010, 01:02:40 PM »

This link helps with teaching your children emergency plans.  I don't have small children, but it still is a way to present to your adult children as well that they need to be prepared.

http://www.survival-goods.com/Teaching_Kids_about_Emergencies_s/177.htm

Linda
Linda :)

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.

Dania22

• Members
  • Prolific Member
    • View Profile
Re: Teaching your children an emergency plan
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 04:14:18 PM »
We have a plan....(the twins are now 8 and the oldest 13) and we go through it periodically. But we all know it's said: Wanna hear God laugh, tell Him "your" plans!   Come what may, we're going HOME either which way, amen?  :)

Endtimesgal

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 12:48:04 PM »
Also making a sort of game out of it, practicing the plan over several times, and having them draw or color pictures about the plan and even making a cute poster for the refrigerator are all good ways to help them remember what to do.  Remember all the drills in school where we lined up and marched outside?  And the practice of crawling under our desks?  I can remember when we had the Cuban crisis, I was a young adult and I was pretty frightened about possibly being bombed by Castro. (I lived in California at the time)  So it is important to educate, but to do it in a manner that does not overly frighten youngsters.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 07:08:19 AM »
Also making a sort of game out of it, practicing the plan over several times, and having them draw or color pictures about the plan and even making a cute poster for the refrigerator are all good ways to help them remember what to do.  Remember all the drills in school where we lined up and marched outside?  And the practice of crawling under our desks?  I can remember when we had the Cuban crisis, I was a young adult and I was pretty frightened about possibly being bombed by Castro. (I lived in California at the time)  So it is important to educate, but to do it in a manner that does not overly frighten youngsters.

Really good ideas, Endtimesgal!
I remember the Cuban missile crisis vividly. I was going to a community college at the time, also in California...
- Yowbarb

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!