Author Topic: transportation bill passed  (Read 414 times)

family times41607

• View Profile
    • none
transportation bill passed
« on: July 06, 2012, 10:35:08 PM »
 The transportation bill passed today.  It allows 27 months of funding for improvments on roads and highways.  It also lets the student loans stay where they are.  No intrest, no raised tuition dues, more jobs for the lower to middle class. It seems that we are following the same path, that brought us here, where we are today. The gov. is paying for all of this, it is using the taxes from the surcharges on fuel to pay for this.  But the important thing to remember is that as a whole we are not spending as much on fuel, because that the gov. is pushing for cars that run on electric, hybrid cars.  My point is that once again, the gov. is footing the bill for at least a portion of the funding.  Putting us farther in debt.  Where is this all coming from?  In my house hold if I spend more than I make, we do not eat as well. I guess that u.s. budgets no longer come into play.
  Good luck to all

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • View Profile
Re: transportation bill passed
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 07:39:32 AM »
the gov. is footing the bill for at least a portion of the funding.  Putting us farther in debt.

Theoretically, the gov't should accumulate surplus during the upside of the business cycle, and then spend it out during the downside.  But, Congress never lets any surplus go into savings.  (Dumb, selfish humans that they are)

family times41607

• View Profile
    • none
Re: transportation bill passed
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 01:30:42 PM »
I agree jim it seems like we always have it backwards.

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!