Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: Is the man (or woman) in your life refusing to accept the reality of Planet X?  (Read 5866 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Good point Barb.  Very good point!

Just aside, I read a book the other day written by Nate Berkus, the designer.  In it he talks about being on vacation with his partner, staying at the Sta Dust Hotel in Sri Lanka when the 2004 tsunami hit.  There they were, two successful people, plenty of income, life was very good, and in a moment, disaster hit, and Nate's partner was never found afterward, and Nate survived with nothing but a pair of underwear.  No wallet, no passport, no clothes, just lost the love of his life.  It was a terrible thing, that tsunami, and it took the lives of hundreds of people, many losing family members or loved ones in a twinkle of an eye.  So we may think to ourselves, "my life is in control, nothing bad will happen," and one just never knows.  Life as we know it could suddenly change forever.  It does not have be be Planet X, it could be our Sun, or many other disastrous events no one ever suspected would happen.

Endtimesgal, thanks for the msg. Very true, we cannot always see the future...
I would like to read that book.
A couple of weeks ago my daughter and I watched a movie based upon a true story of surviving that tsunami. The Impossible.  The characters changed around and made to be English instead of Spanish... but it otherwise it is known as realistic...

http://www.denverpost.com/movies/ci_22298546/movie-review-watts-makes-tsunami-drama-impossible-astonishing

Trailer:   http://youtu.be/Bgw394ZKsis  The Impossible 

Lo Imposible) is a 2012 English-language Spanish disaster drama directed by Juan Antonio Bayona and written by Sergio G. Sánchez. The film is based on María Belón and her family's experience of the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami  The Impossible, Wikipepia

Endtimesgal_2012

Barb:  Where did you see the movie?  Is it out on DVD yet?

The book by Nate Berkus is called: The Things That Matter. He talks about his childhood, early years, his partner who was lost in the tsunami and how that came about, very heart wrenching.   It is pretty interesting, but mostly about decorating your space with things that matter, and not about a showplace style.  I like him, he is an interesting person and I am sure he is a good soul.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Barb:  Where did you see the movie?  Is it out on DVD yet?

The book by Nate Berkus is called: The Things That Matter. He talks about his childhood, early years, his partner who was lost in the tsunami and how that came about, very heart wrenching.   It is pretty interesting, but mostly about decorating your space with things that matter, and not about a showplace style.  I like him, he is an interesting person and I am sure he is a good soul.

My daughter got it on VUDU. An app she pays for on Blueray DVD Player. Sometimes we do Netflix, sometimes VUDU. It is also available on Redbox and Blockbuster...

Endtimesgal_2012

Thanks, found it!

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Thanks, found it!

At times terrifying...but a wonderful movie..

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Wishing everyone luck with their spouses, mates, partners as we move forward into uncertain times...

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!