Author Topic: Ghee, Coconut Butter, Bulletproof Coffee, Good Oils  (Read 4647 times)

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • literally, I've seen the end in a vision; DEADLY!
    • TEOMCROTE
Re: Ghee, Coconut Butter, Bulletproof Coffee, Good Oils
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2017, 06:30:12 PM »
Can it even be made raw?
I once looked into how it was made, but it mentioned boiling. But i was looking for a raw method of manufacturing it then.
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2017, 09:51:00 PM »
Okay; i just had my first cup of bulletproof coffee.
It was good.
I still have to figure out how to get the end product hot, but this was one good cup of coffee. Just sayin'.

Socrates, I had missed something in your post, so here  is an answer that might help.
In the video, posted a few posts back the guy gives a sequence.
See: Reply #6 on: March 29
You can check it out again.
Here's what works,
First get out the ingredients, the butter or ghee and the coconut oil.
Start brewing the coffee.
Heat up the vitamix or blender with hot water. 
Personally I use hot purified water from my water dispenser.
Dump out the hot water and drop in the oil and fat ingredients.
Immediately add the hot coffee to the blender.
Put the blender top on, hold it on tight and run it 25 seconds or so.
Pour your first cup and put the lid on the rest.
Unless it is really cold in the room it should stay hot enough for your second cup.
I suppose a person could put the coffee blend into a thermos, too, for sure it will stay hot.   
Enjoy.  8) 

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2017, 10:00:16 PM »
PS To Whom It May Concern tomorrow I finally make the bulletproof coffee with ghee.
Been drinking it for weeks using butter. Good results but I happen to know ghee is better for me.
I finally got to a health food store today. On the second try, found one with a large container of ghee. So tomorrow I make it with ghee.
Recipe, Reply #6
Again, thanks to Socrates for posting the recipe. Had never heard of it.  8)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2017, 10:17:20 PM »

Just an interesting tidbit.  I kept noticing everytime I'd try to eat coconut oil, I'd later feel mentally sluggish.  This kept happening over and over, and a friend swore how wonderful coconut oil is, so I would continue to try.

Then one day I tried some RAW organic coconut oil, and it worked.  No mental sluggishness.  There is so much to look for on the label of organic coconut oil, like  virgin, unrefined, organic, etc., etc.  Now I buy raw coconut oil for foods and meds, and then for soapmaking, the oil does not need to be raw.

It's something to try.  And BTW, does anyone have a favorite organic brand for coconut oil?  I've used Nutiva as well as Tropical Traditions/Healthy Traditions and tend to lean toward Nutiva.

Interesting idea...about raw coconut oil having something to do with how well it works. ilinda, Socrates, I didn't have any info on raw coconut oil... So I googled and did find some brands listed.
I've only tried two brands. The first, have bought on and off for a couple years. COSTCO, large container, Kirkland brand. Cold pressed virgin, unrefined oil. Marked K for kosher.

The other brand, also very good, equally good, Simply Nature, the coconut oil is available at ALDI Markets all over Europe, UK, US. It is also marked cold pressed, virgin, unrefined and has the U symbol, a form of kosher.

Both brands really good. 
Thanks,
Barb T.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2017, 10:34:48 PM »
When I google "raw" coconut oil I get the good brands like Nutiva do pop up.
When I read the label the word raw is not there. What is there is: Organic. Cold pressed, virgin, unrefined. I am wondering if cold pressed, unrefined, etc. mean the same as "raw."
Eventually I will try the Nutiva too.
Always looking for something better although pretty happy with the big stash of coconut oil I have. (The Kirkland from COSTCO and the Simply Nature from ALDI.
 8)

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2017, 05:07:35 PM »
When I read the label the word raw is not there. What is there is: Organic. Cold pressed, virgin, unrefined. I am wondering if cold pressed, unrefined, etc. mean the same as "raw."
Always looking for something better although pretty happy with the big stash of coconut oil I have. (The Kirkland from COSTCO and the Simply Nature from ALDI.
 8)
The only organic coconut oil I've found that is labeled "Raw" is Artisana.  It only comes in small jars, so I buy a case of 6 jars, which used to be 16 oz. but IIRC are now 14 oz each.  IIRC I've seen them on Amazon, and maybe even ordered one or two jars there, but when we belonged to a food co-op I would buy the case there.  Problem is, there are so many slight variations on the Artisana label, just like other coconut oils.  Still, I will only ingest Artisana for now, and save all the other for my soapmaking.

Another thought...maybe my brain is so addled with that mercury from having been poisoned for decades by the dental profession, and maybe my brain is hanging by a thread and the slightest insult to it, causes it to feel muddy!  Maybe other people don't notice the effect, because their brains are functioning better.  Who knows?  Just sayin' ...

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • literally, I've seen the end in a vision; DEADLY!
    • TEOMCROTE
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2017, 10:36:00 PM »
maybe my brain is so addled with that mercury from having been poisoned for decades by the dental profession, and maybe my brain is hanging by a thread and the slightest insult to it, causes it to feel muddy!  Maybe other people don't notice the effect, because their brains are functioning better.  Who knows?  Just sayin' ...
Everyone needs to work on their brain health and dealing with neural toxins like aluminum and mercury have everything to do with that.
I know i'm thinking much clearer since i had my mercury amalgam fillings taken out in 2009.
On top of that i try to eat brazil nuts daily to keep the mercury going out, for, as Hal Huggins put it in his It's All In Your Head, there is so much mercury polution today that all one can hope for is to keep more going out than there is going in.

Besides mercury toxicity, one obviously also needs to be aware to consume enough good fats, take in lithium (orotate) and iodine daily or at least regularly.
Bad dietary habits and the poor quality of modern produce are certainly part of the reason why this generation is not only stupid but also suicidal [i mean, considering how they poo poo the potential of disaster].
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2017, 02:42:05 PM »
 8)
The only organic coconut oil I've found that is labeled "Raw" is Artisana.  It only comes in small jars, so I buy a case of 6 jars, which used to be 16 oz. but IIRC are now 14 oz each.  IIRC I've seen them on Amazon, and maybe even ordered one or two jars there, but when we belonged to a food co-op I would buy the case there.  Problem is, there are so many slight variations on the Artisana label, just like other coconut oils.  Still, I will only ingest Artisana for now, and save all the other for my soapmaking.

Another thought...maybe my brain is so addled with that mercury from having been poisoned for decades by the dental profession, and maybe my brain is hanging by a thread and the slightest insult to it, causes it to feel muddy!  Maybe other people don't notice the effect, because their brains are functioning better.  Who knows?  Just sayin' ...

ilinda, thanks for the data here. I had not heard of Artisana. I am glad you found actual raw coconut oil. :)
I also seem to notice small effects for good or ill.
It is good to be perceptive. It is a bit of a battle repairing one's health, keeping the bod going. :)
I also been exposed to mercury other metals, never did a proper metal cleanse...
Let us know if you find  an even cheaper source of the Artisana. I will look online, as well.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2017, 02:43:27 PM »
maybe my brain is so addled with that mercury from having been poisoned for decades by the dental profession, and maybe my brain is hanging by a thread and the slightest insult to it, causes it to feel muddy!  Maybe other people don't notice the effect, because their brains are functioning better.  Who knows?  Just sayin' ...
Everyone needs to work on their brain health and dealing with neural toxins like aluminum and mercury have everything to do with that.
I know i'm thinking much clearer since i had my mercury amalgam fillings taken out in 2009.
On top of that i try to eat brazil nuts daily to keep the mercury going out, for, as Hal Huggins put it in his It's All In Your Head, there is so much mercury polution today that all one can hope for is to keep more going out than there is going in.

Besides mercury toxicity, one obviously also needs to be aware to consume enough good fats, take in lithium (orotate) and iodine daily or at least regularly.
Bad dietary habits and the poor quality of modern produce are certainly part of the reason why this generation is not only stupid but also suicidal [i mean, considering how they poo poo the potential of disaster].

Thanks for that data... It's All In your Head sounds like a great book...

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2017, 03:19:39 PM »

I didn't get my toxic mercury fillings removed until 2012, but was totally relieved to do so finally.  Since then, I have noticed occasions where I'll suddenly remember events or surroundings from early childhood and I suspect these memories never really disappear, but are masked and made dormant by heavy metal toxicity.

I think it takes a while for all the toxicity to be removed because I read that if NO heavy metals are being ingested or inhaled or somehow taken in, then the body CAN slowly remove them, even with just our own liver enzyme detox systems.  It seems it was something like 1% or 3% of the body load could be removed at a time, but I don't know if that's per day or per any certain time period.  At any rate, I also see improvement since removing main source of mercury.

I haven't cooked in aluminum since college many decades ago and don't use deodorant/anti-perspirant or any of those al-containing items, so that's probably not the problem, assuming that Al can be removed as easily as Hg. 

And this next thing I should report in the dream topic, but here it is while we're on the subject of mercury.
Shortly after all mercury fillings were removed and replaced with an 87% gold alloy, I dreamed I went to the mirror and OMG what an awful sight!  I was shocked (even in the dream) at looking at a bunch of strange and disgusting "areas" all over my skin from approximately my shoulders and neck upward.  They were all over my skin, including my face, and each one looked like a "puckered" area which was sort of "erupting" upward, as if something was being forced up and out.  It was so awful!  Upon awakening and pondering a while I figured it has to be this:

The skin is part of the immune system and has areas/patches, whose name I cannot recall, which are the specific parts of the immune system that do their work.  Since the skin is also called the "second kidney", it exudes sweat and anything in the sweat that it needs to get rid of.  My best guess was that those patches in the skin would be working overtime getting rid of the mercury that was left in my body from the fillings, that had migrated outward, and from years of chewing, years of drinking acidic foods and drink.

Well, not too long after the dream, maybe several months, I began to notice what appeared to be "blackheads" on my face, neck and in the area of my clavicle.  Hubby found some on my back.  My best guess is that it was "oxidized mercury" or however the body detoxes it for disposal.  Once I was experiencing that I realized the detox process was working.  Maybe it still is.

Still, that dream was like a sci-fi nightmare. :-D))

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2017, 10:45:14 PM »
ilinda what an awesome and powerful dream... I feel you are probably right about the  interpretation, about detoxification.
Interesting that in real life you had signs of something being eliminated through the skin.
Yes it would be a good one to have in the dream boards, too.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2017, 10:46:17 PM »
Can it even be made raw?
I once looked into how it was made, but it mentioned boiling. But i was looking for a raw method of manufacturing it then.

That's something I don't know...
ilinda did find a brand labeled raw which is a good thing...

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2017, 06:03:38 PM »
I logged on just to post the pics of the raw coconut oil bottle and my phone battery was too low.  Drat, and it will happen tomorrow.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2017, 12:37:43 PM »
I logged on just to post the pics of the raw coconut oil bottle and my phone battery was too low.  Drat, and it will happen tomorrow.

Sounds good...
Meanwhile, I found it on Amazon here is one pic... will see if they have a larger size too...
This is a two pack, but not Prime so there is shipping. May still be a deal?

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2017, 12:39:33 PM »
Only reason I am posting ads, just price comparison. Good for Members to know where they can get this good stuff. ilinda told us about actual RAW coconut butter so this sounds good!
ilinda may have a better deal... I've just begun to scope out the prices... I've not ordered or tried it yet, but will...

https://thrivemarket.com/brand/artisana?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Desktop-Brands&utm_content=16932393272&utm_term=artisana%20organics&device=c&gclid=CL_b_4n70dMCFZYDhgod9voC7g

Artisana
Organic Raw Vegan Coconut Butter
14 oz jar   (50)
Retail Price: $12.45
Our Price: $9.45 (Save 24%)