Author Topic: MACA!  (Read 5641 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
MACA!
« on: January 16, 2014, 08:02:46 AM »
I am learning about the maca and on a trial run of it. So far lots more energy and I feel cleansing effects and more mental alertness. More on all this later.
- Barb Townsend

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: MACA!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 07:01:55 AM »
I am posting this in a few different places, because it is easy to miss these links and info.
Sorry about the repetition but it's important.  :) I'm on the maca now too and I want to share about this.

Please see Marshall's article. He gives a whole lot of vital information about how "the Peruvian Harvest, a collection of traditional food products from Peru"  have helped him. These natural foods such as the maca can help all of us...!

Link to article: http://yowusa.com/humanity/2014/humanity-2014-01a/1.shtml

Link to yowinc products, including maca:   https://yowinc.co/index.php?cPath=44   

NativeMom72

• Global Moderator
  • ...just Breathe...
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 12:50:03 PM »
Hi!

My daughter uses maca root powder to alleviate her menstrual symptoms-- it is great to read about all the other benefits this roots has to offer-- I shall try this as well!

Thank you for this post :)

~pB
“Perceive that which cannot be seen with the eye.”
― Miyamoto Musashi  (1584 –1645)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 04:54:37 PM »
Hi!

My daughter uses maca root powder to alleviate her menstrual symptoms-- it is great to read about all the other benefits this roots has to offer-- I shall try this as well!

Thank you for this post :)

~pB

pbutter, that's great! How much does she use and is it every day or just the couple first days?
Does it help to take it in the PMS phase?

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 09:35:22 PM »
The Maca is continuing to help me.
I honestly feel, it is beginning to help heal the effects of some very - long term (probably genetic) conditions. (The genetics don't go away but the bodily health and damage can start to be repaired.)
That's very worthwhile! I will be posting more about it soon.
I am on a trial run on it, in fact I did the trial run and will continue to be on it.  :)
This is where I get it from!

>> https://yowinc.co/index.php?cPath=44 <<

NativeMom72

• Global Moderator
  • ...just Breathe...
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 09:18:37 PM »
I honestly feel, it is beginning to help heal the effects of some very - long term (probably genetic) conditions. (The genetics don't go away but the bodily health and damage can start to be repaired.)
I am on a trial run on it, in fact I did the trial run and will continue to be on it.  :)

Hi Barb!

She told me that she uses it everyday and she feels that it helps her immensely! She is one of those young ladies that get pretty severe aches, so this was a great thing for her :D

~pB

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2014, 12:05:09 AM »

Hi Barb!

She told me that she uses it everyday and she feels that it helps her immensely! She is one of those young ladies that get pretty severe aches, so this was a great thing for her :D

~pB

pbutter thanks for sharing that...
It is a wonderful thing that it helps her.  :)

NativeMom72

• Global Moderator
  • ...just Breathe...
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2014, 12:54:37 PM »

Yes! And Thank you for sharing the links for the article about Maca and for the Maca starter kit, I am going to order this Friday for myself!

~pB

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2014, 01:00:28 PM »

Yes! And Thank you for sharing the links for the article about Maca and for the Maca starter kit, I am going to order this Friday for myself!

~pB

Oh, that's awesome!
I'm going to order more too, because sharing first batch with daughter Gabby.
 :)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 12:30:16 AM »
You learn something every day!! This below is a testimonial about how the person’s simple dietary changes and using maca is getting rid of her "Morgollon's" problem. Page link:

http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/morgellons2.html 

Dietary Changes

04/18/2011: Anna from Fort Lauderdale, Florida: "Hello,
I have had this for almost 2 years now, but I have to say that since I started an alkaline diet like changing cow milk with almond milk, lowering my sugar intake and taking 2 spoons of wheat grass powder at night before going to bed, I almost forgot about the crawling stinging, and itching sensation.
I take 1 spirulina pill with a multivitamin in the morning and 1 maca pill just to start my day and feel full of energy. Maca is great against Morguellons because not only is good for the inmune system and energy also it gets rid of the pain I used to feel, the stinging sensation. I take maca 1 or twice a day. Also I lowered my sugar intake, but sometimes I get a few cookies or chocolate during the day with no effects of any kind.
I don't take colloidal silver, MSO, garlic pills, alfalfa or any other stuff I used to take before when I was desperate looking for something that could give me my normal life back. I don't see those horrible black dots or hair anymore. Sometimes I even forget that I have this disease and feel that thank God I am living a normal life now."

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2014, 12:08:40 PM »
Yowbarb Note:  I have been on the maca tincture in the AM sublingual for about two weeks now.  CORRECTION: It is an extract not a tincture!!
The extract is made from black and purple maca. Already I noticed I take less tylenol for my arthritis and old injuries.  :)
At times I forget to take my meds for copd (lung disease) and so on. This old gal is on a lot of meds.
Seems to be better now...

I have lots more to share about the MACA which is from UHTCO see link on main page.https://yowinc.co/index.php?cPath=44

Jorge Urena  - whose family established the company UHTCO which sells MACA and a few other Peruvian superfoods - sent me a pdf
All About Maca. For now here is one excerpt.

As an adaptogen * plant, maca works automatically in your system providing a wide range of nutrients that allows the body to be in balance and achieve many benefits out of it. Remember, Once your hormonal system works, everything works fine again!
Traditionally maca has been used in Peru for various issues, including but not limited to:
 Energy
 Physical and emotional well being
 Mental clarity and memory
 Stress
 Physical condition and reflexes
 Stamina and athletic performance
 Muscularity
 Vigour
 Rejuvenation
 Smoother looking skin
 Bone health
 Aches and pains
 Occasional headaches
 Hormonal Balance
 Menopause (hot flashes)
 PMS (mood swings)
 Libido
 Sexual health
 Anaemia
 Sleeplessness
 Blood pressure
 Cholesterol
 Immune system
...many benefits may be obtained from continuous use of maca, but all of them are derived from a healthy and balanced system.

... [MORE ]  :)  scroll down for partial def. adaptogen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adaptogen   adaptogen

Adaptogens or adaptogenic plants, herbs(I.e, Ginseng)[1] or[2] refer to the pharmacological concept[3] whereby administration results in stabilization of physiological processes and promotion of homeostasis, for example decreased cellular sensitivity to stress.  [more]

« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 03:10:45 PM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2014, 03:12:52 PM »
CORRECTION to my previous post:
 UHTCO liquid form of maca which I take is an extract not a tincture!!

A tincture is about 90% alcohol this is a nice strong extract of the maca.
:)
Barb Townsend

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2014, 12:08:21 PM »
Global Moderator Jorge Urena = urenajorge on the Town hall.  ;D

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2014, 12:13:46 PM »
I suggest everyone give the UHTCO products a try. (See Yowinc links on the page.)

I was so impressed by the pdf Jorge Urena sent me. The women living up in those high elevations, eating the maca as they have for centuries - they don't even know what pms or peri menopause or bad menopausal symptoms are.
They don't have the conditions we in America have such as high blood pressure and high cholesterol etc.

If you are already sick or in need of prescriptions, do pay attention. Doctors don't know everything in fact they are wrong about a lot. Do side check your prescriptions. I am not the expert here but some herbalists suggest starting slow. Find your balance. Do contact Marshall or Jorge Urena for any questions. Read the label of The UHTCO products. 

My daughter's neck was stiff and out of place. As her mother, I know this had gone on for years. She told me last night, the first day she tried the UHTCO Maca extract, she suddenly felt her neck popping back in place!
Although she has type 2 diabetes and is on a lot of prescriptions, and may need to go slower than I did in starting out - she is impressed. She plans on taking the maca extract exclusively for now.

I am going to be on the extract for life
. My plan is take it a couple times a day... I am cutting down on the Tylenol and the bp ned and my weight has dropped a couple pounds. ! I am back on the Allevian again too.
All The Best,
Barb Townsend   :)

jrobert69

• Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2014, 06:01:17 AM »
Good Luck Barb, that tylenol and bp meds really hurt my energy levels long term. If I could ween myself off those and replace them with healthier options you can do it no problem. Exercising daily really helped.