Author Topic: MACA!  (Read 5642 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: MACA!
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2014, 08:50:20 AM »
Good Luck Barb, that tylenol and bp meds really hurt my energy levels long term. If I could ween myself off those and replace them with healthier options you can do it no problem. Exercising daily really helped.

jrobert69 - thanks for your feedback and ideas.
A question: Did you wean your self off those meds? I am in the process...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2014, 09:32:19 AM »
As Marshall advised:
I am taking the UHTCO Maca Extract, under my tongue, one minute - in the AM before drinking coffee or mouthwash or anything...

I am finding I don't feel the need to immediately take my prescriptions meds, eat or have coffee... I am spacing that out, and waiting awhile.

Just my own experience it seems taking the Allevian with lunch is good...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2014, 06:00:08 AM »
This a very subjective win, one of those things that I could never prove. Here it is:

Since taking the UHTCO Maca extract practically every morning for about three weeks, I noticed yesterday I was picking up foods which would give me a boost of nutrition.

There are foods which I know are strengthening for me and I don't always get them, to cut corners a bit on the food bill. Yesterday at COSTCO I found myself putting things like a bulk container of green drink with spirulina in my cart.
I haven't lost all food cravings or gone off sugar yet but I have added foods which nourish and strengthen "the bod."

Early this AM I took the Maca extract under the tongue and didn't have coffee for about an hour. Then about 3 hours after taking the Maca, I finally ate breakfast Chobani low fat Greek yogurt with pineapple and some Taboule. That is a middle eastern side dish with couscous, dark green vegetable of some sort, garlic onions tomatoes etc. Last night I had a pretty good Thai noodle dish...
At this point I feel like eating several small, concentrated meals today...

I don't take my morning meds right away either...
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 06:46:04 AM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2014, 01:38:06 PM »
Sorry I had to edit this a couple - three times. ::)   ;D

Since I have been on the UHTCO MACA Extract and a modest amount of the Allevian,
I have been able to cut back on acetaminophen and Lisinopril.

•   The acetaminophen (Tylenol) is for long - term swellings and arthritis from injuries
•   and partly from rheumatoid arthritis. (I had to figure out on my own about the RH.)
•   The Lisinopril is to lower my BP just slightly.
•   (Long before I ever heard of Maca) I found my BP going down too much if I took 20 or 10 mg. - 
•   so I have only been taking half the dose 5 mg a few times per week -
•   although my doc keeps telling me to take 10 mg, I just couldn’t.
•   Since taking Maca I have cut ever so slightly more on the BP med and it has checked out normal.
•   The Maca creates homeostasis and so
•   my body which is already fighting to get its balance may be possibly able to do that.
•   Please Note: That will vary from person to person.
•   This will not necessarily work for everyone with a whole array of prescription drugs or conditions.
•   Something had to give - so I cut back on some meds.
•   I do not recommend people do this on their own without consulting their doctors –
•   but anyway I am doing it. I have been on way too many drugs for my poor liver and -
•   will try to see if I can cut back even further.
•   It’s a bit risky, being overweight like I am and taking 5-8 drugs.

- Barb Townsend

Homeostasis (balance) of the body or mind
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/homeostasis

jrobert69

• Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2014, 05:11:35 PM »
Good Luck Barb, that tylenol and bp meds really hurt my energy levels long term. If I could ween myself off those and replace them with healthier options you can do it no problem. Exercising daily really helped.

Yes. I did. My doctor wasn't thrilled, I fired her a few months later anyway. In my case it worked fine. Some doctors are just to quick to throw pills at you. Very few look for root issues or options that do not require pills. However some times it is so hereditary there is little you can do about it. I currently take for health reasons magnesium, D3 and fish oil. Wis you the best and hope you find what works for you.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2014, 10:36:33 PM »

Yes. I did. My doctor wasn't thrilled, I fired her a few months later anyway. In my case it worked fine. Some doctors are just to quick to throw pills at you. Very few look for root issues or options that do not require pills. However some times it is so hereditary there is little you can do about it. I currently take for health reasons magnesium, D3 and fish oil. Wish you the best and hope you find what works for you.

jrobert69 thanks for the update - that is awesome you were able to go off the Tylenol and BP meds.  :)
Magnesium supplement good... I need to get more D3 - important. I think I will get flaxseed oil again...
I am still working on those things...  :)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2014, 08:22:19 AM »
I am thinking a good stockpile of the Maca extract would be so very valuable during the various emergencies and also in the Aftertimes. The younger folk who are healthy and pretty much free of any conditions - the UHTCO Maca will help them stay that way.
I'm thinking it will help them to not develop cardiovascular disease etc. which is a problem already with so many middle aged and older folks.