Marshall Masters (admin) > Prevailing Winds

US predicts busy hurricane season

(1/2) > >>

admin:
The threat of a hurricane in the gulf is a real concern for all.  Especially with this new hurricane warning.
Marshall

US predicts busy hurricane season
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/us_and_canada/10134964.stm

As many as 14 hurricanes could hit the Atlantic basin this year, the top US climate agency says.

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) forecasts 14 to 23 named storms. Eight to 14 of these could develop into hurricanes, it says.

The season could be one of the most active on record, with between three to seven major hurricanes, the NOAA said.

"In short, we urge everyone to be prepared," added a spokesperson for the agency said.

Major hurricanes can reach category three or higher, which means they bring sustained winds of at least 111mph (178km/h).

The NOAA says the seasonal forecasts have a 70% probability.

The hurricane season begins on 1 June and runs until the end of November.

Dania22:
Thank you for this. Working diligently to leave FL. ASAP! Got caught in Andrew and "everything" else after......leaving soon. I have a feeling things are going to get nasty. Stay vigilant, stay safe. Godspeed.

admin:
Hi Dania22:

Get while the getting is good.  Even without a PX flyby or a pole shift, all coastal areas are a bone to be chewed in the years ahead.

As I watch the BP spill disaster unfold, it makes me feel that the poor effort they're making to protect the wetlands is partly about greed. The other part is why bust the bank fixing something you already know is doomed? Frankly, I think the second part is more the motive than the first.

If I were living in Louisiana, I'd be praying like all get out for crude to start washing up on the shores of Manhattan.  When the Wall Street moguls say you've got to help them, as in gotta have it yesterday, the Federal checkbooks come flying out like fan dancers at a bachelor party.

If Louisiana is smart, it will become the next Switzerland of global banking.  Nobody wants oil smeared all over their gold.

Onward, Marshall

Yowbarb:

--- Quote from: Dania22 on May 31, 2010, 02:08:49 PM ---Thank you for this. Working diligently to leave FL. ASAP! Got caught in Andrew and "everything" else after......leaving soon. I have a feeling things are going to get nasty. Stay vigilant, stay safe. Godspeed.

--- End quote ---

Dania I wish you the very best of luck and speed in getting away from Florida.
I am stuck here for awhile... doing what I can...
Yowbarb

Yowbarb:
Marshall thanks for the reminder on hurricane season. Months ago I was anticipating it would be a
bad one... and posted about it - but sorta forgot about it just lately.
Yowbarb

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version