Author Topic: Three commonly available mineral waters that remove aluminum from the brain  (Read 1193 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Note from Yowbarb: Posting this real quick...will post more tomorrow.
Here are the three mineral waters
A Malaysian water Spritzer brand (not sure how available it is in the US will have to read more)
Voivic
Fiji water. The doc likes them all but Fiji the best. He helped Alzheimer's patients a lot... Read the article...

Dr. Exeley found that three easy to get mineral waters reduce aluminum from the brain, helping prevent and even help Alzheimers. http://www.realfarmacy.com/mineral-waters-remove-aluminum-from-brain/

« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 12:52:25 AM by Yowbarb »

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Excellent info. Barb, as many people cook in aluminum, use aluminum-containing anti-perspirants, aluminum-containing salt, and other sources, and have no idea they might be poisoning themselves slowly but surely.
Thanks again!

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Excellent info. Barb, as many people cook in aluminum, use aluminum-containing anti-perspirants, aluminum-containing salt, and other sources, and have no idea they might be poisoning themselves slowly but surely.
Thanks again!

Very true. Back in the 1970s I heard about the aluminum and all the aluminum pots went out the door. I helped get rid of them all, also in a place I worked. But then, over the years I would get lax, buying prepared pastries etc.  most of which are on an aluminum pan. I wonder how many cookies etc. are still baked on aluminum sheets?
Anyone know?
- Yowbarb

steedy

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
I'm in the process of replacing all my old cookware, even Teflon coated stuff, with stainless steel or cast iron cookware.  This includes my cookie sheets, which are all steel ones now.  I also switched a long time ago from drinking pop from aluminum cans to glass or plastic containers, even though I think it tastes better from the can.  I'm trying to undo the damage me and my family (unknowingly) have done over the years.

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
I'm in the process of replacing all my old cookware, even Teflon coated stuff, with stainless steel or cast iron cookware.  This includes my cookie sheets, which are all steel ones now.  I also switched a long time ago from drinking pop from aluminum cans to glass or plastic containers, even though I think it tastes better from the can.  I'm trying to undo the damage me and my family (unknowingly) have done over the years.
Congrtatulations!

I too threw out my Teflon cookware, the stuff I cooked in all through college.  Yikes.

I feel compelled to add my 2 cents.  When, a few years ago, I was planning to buy some new cast iron cookware, I discovered you cannot buy the new stuff anywhere to my knowledge, that has NOT been "pre-seasoned", i.e., coated with some secret ingredients.  I looked high and low, and every single brand had a "proprietary" coating. 

The secrecy tells me it is like most other things--most likely toxic.  When they claim it's "vegetable oil", that means to me most likely GM, and most likely GM soy oil, GM corn oil,  or GM canola oil.  Plus, IIRC they mentioned that it is baked on.  That means a very high temperature, and studies have repeatedly shown  that heating vegetable oils to high temperatures creates trans fats and possibly/probably those "acrylamide" chemicals that are also so toxic. 

And I hate to drone on about this stuff, but I began researching stainless steel cookware and discovered most nowadays have a "sandwich" composition, with one of the layers being aluminum!  This was not always the case.  I had searched high and low and finally bought an expensive set of beautiful stainless steel cookware, only to get it home and read the tiny print (smaller than this) and discover that it too had the aluminum layer inside.  The problem with that is that at high temperatures, aluminum will "melt" and move into the food.  My husband worked in a foundry in the summers between semesters, and he worked with molten aluminum and said its melting temperature is a lot lower than some other metals, and that it could migrate into the food, if it were part of cookware.

If I have to look for more cookware, I'm going to find hand-made clay cooking pots.  In fact, I signed up for a pottery class and maybe can learn the procedure, which is probably available for viewing on youtube.  Sorry for the rant.

Again, CONGRATS and BEWARE.

steedy

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Even the Lodge brand cast iron cookware has the pre-seasoned stuff on it?!?  Oh no!  I have one or two Lodge pieces, the rest are oldies but goodies I inherited. What about the stone cooking stuff?  I've seen it mostly for pizza, but lately, I've also seen it in loaf pans and muffin pans.  I haven't seen it as pots or skillets yet.  I've been very suspicious of all the ceramic cookware out there now too.  It looks nice, but my gut says stay away from it.

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Even the Lodge brand cast iron cookware has the pre-seasoned stuff on it?!?  Oh no!  I have one or two Lodge pieces, the rest are oldies but goodies I inherited. What about the stone cooking stuff?  I've seen it mostly for pizza, but lately, I've also seen it in loaf pans and muffin pans.  I haven't seen it as pots or skillets yet.  I've been very suspicious of all the ceramic cookware out there now too.  It looks nice, but my gut says stay away from it.
Thanks for the warning about ceramic cookware.  It wasn't on my radar as much as the cast iron and stainless steel stuff, but now it is.  Have to keep reminding myself about how Corning Ware used to be such great stuff until they changed the mfg. process and then it started exploding in people's faces!

I even contacted Lodge once right after noticing the change, and they told me the formulation is proprietary.  It was then that I started looking around and couldn't find ANY cast iron (new) that wasn't pre-seasoned.  There might be some out there, and if anyone knows of new, un-preseasoned, please let us know as there are a couple of sizes I'm still looking for.

A few years ago I found the coolest cast iron, approx. 1 quart, saucepan, in a friend's antique shop, and was about to buy it, and she told me to beware because a lot of fishermen (in this area of heavy lead mining) use those small ones to melt down lead for fishing sinkers! 

One idea that might work is to check out farm auctions where an older couple is no longer on the farm, and if the stainless steel and/or cast iron cookware is bundled with the kitchen stuff, it is probably old and OK, but if it is with the tools, then the red flags should go up immediately.  That is how I bought a nice looking set of older, sturdy stainless steel cookware.

The stoneware I'm really ignorant about, so it probably needs a bit of investigating as well.  Everything can get really complicated because, on a related note, I bought a really nifty grain mill some years ago that was touted to have both the steel plates and stone plate for grinding grain, depending on the type of grain, etc.  I was so excited to have stone ground flour until I discovered that "stone" was manufactured from aluminum oxide!  Boy was I one p_ssed person!  That was the Country Living Grain Mill.