Author Topic: The Discovery Channel  (Read 3296 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
The Discovery Channel
« on: May 30, 2010, 07:23:56 PM »
Hi All I think this is new, the "Survival Zone" on the Discovery Channel website. It has everything from how to get water to how to build a fire. Each link has lots of entries.
http://dsc.discovery.com/survival/

- Yowbarb
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 11:49:04 PM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
Re: Discovery Channel
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 11:11:37 AM »
Links to: The list of shows for The Discovery Channel.

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/tv-shows.html

- Yowbarb

Linda

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
Re: The Discovery Channel
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 03:07:52 PM »
Thanks for the link Barb. I have been watching the new season of The Colony on the Discovery Channel. I posted something about it on another link, just not sure which one at the moment.+ ???

Linda
Linda :)

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 07:45:10 AM »
On right now! 
The Discovery Channel 120 "The Weaponizers" series.

They are recreating sort of a Mad Max scenario and making a really all purpose killing machine, armored, and with
special foam in the tires, making them resistant to flats and bullet proof etc.
What a way to get to that survival location!!

- Yowbarb

Posted also in:
http://planetxtownhall.com/index.php/topic,245.30.html
Re: The Bugout Vehicle

« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 09:23:24 AM by Yowbarb »

inselemel

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 01:05:52 PM »
"Found this link http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-13522957 just now.

Basically "Seventeen lost pyramids are among the buildings identified in a new satellite survey of Egypt.

More than 1,000 tombs and 3,000 ancient settlements were also revealed by looking at infra-red images which show up underground buildings.

Initial excavations have already confirmed some of the findings, including two suspected pyramids.

The work has been pioneered at the University of Alabama at Birmingham by US Egyptologist Dr Sarah Parcak."

There is a TV programme on BBC tomorrow night on 'Egypt's Lost Cities' and it is going to be on the Discovery Channel in the US (didn't say when tho')

Hopefully i will be able to watch it tomorrow "

Managed to watch most of the programme and it was quite interesting there was a bit about Saqqara and the satellite photos got Zahi Hawass, Egypt's Minister of State for Antiquities Affairs digging. The dig just started before the political uprising in Egypt but the film crew went back recently and they have found evidence of very important tombs - Zahi Hawass very excited so it must be good. So it is basically watch this space.....

But, there were other areas that were being explored - very interesting if you are in to Ancient Egypt (like i am) Some on what they think are settlements in the desert which pre date the main Ancient Egypt civilization (that we know of - if you know what i mean), which to me sounded like a missing link were some 'human/alien seeding' could of taken place (maybe that's just my thinking) . Hall of Records not mentioned on this programme tho', but really interesting all the same.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 01:07:04 PM »
Thanks Mel sometimes they repeat them too...

inselemel

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 01:17:12 PM »
Not sure if it has been on stateside yet as this was on the BBC but it did say it should be on Discovery Channel in the States and oooohh yes programmes are repeated, (all to often in my opinion but i suppose thats the more frugal society we are in now)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 09:27:28 PM »
Member Amy sent me this info. Just on time: The show starts tonight, March 7th.
It's not be too late to set the series up to record.
- Yowbarb

Doomsday Bunkers
Submitted by Robert Bast on March 4, 2012 – 11:30 amOne Comment

http://survive2012.com/news/2012/03/doomsday-bunkers-2805.html 

Doomsday Bunkers is a new 3-part TV series that will launch on Discovery Channel in the USA on Wed March 7. A GLP forum member saw an ad for it:
it’s about what the title implies… awesome doomsday bunkers, people who build them, how they build them, what they put in them… etc etc.
Here’s more info from a press release:
Dallas-based Deep Earth Bunker owner Scott Bales and his crackerjack team of engineers and craftsmen bring a new dimension to the world of underground living, with an absolute goal of keeping their clients safe from physical, social, financial, political, psychological, and emotional harm. Air systems with nuclear, biological and chemical filters; massive water storage tanks; security systems; gun vaults; and decontamination rooms coupled with custom built kitchens with granite countertops; fine floor finishes; and luxurious bathrooms combine the comfort of above ground living with incomparable security. Bales shares his insight to provide a rare look at the multi-layered survival strategies he uses to build the most invulnerable and comfortable hidden residences in the country.
DOOMSDAY BUNKERS features the design and build of survival units with a reveal of the completed project.  From sizable underground bunkers with safety measures that include outside hand rails with hidden flame throwers, to special safety structures that include the Pyramid and Tsunami pods, each unit is tested using a battery of attacks that include firearms, fire, and falling vehicles. Each episode is a beginning to end “how to” and “why to” build the ultimate safety zone for those preparing for the worst.
Can’t wait for it screen in Australia! Here’s a pic from the company’s website – perhaps it is one of the bunkers that will be featured on the show?

http://survive2012.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/triple-bunker.jpg

« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 09:39:08 PM by Yowbarb »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 07:33:11 AM »
I watched Doomsday Bunkers on the Discovery Channel last night. Set up the series to record.
So far, it seems more responsible than the NatGeo show on Preppers but I am glad both shows are airing. It will get a few more people (maybe a lot more people) thinking it is time to at least dig a hole, put boards over it, bury a bus and put a ventilation shaft and an entrance set down in front - something.
Doomsday Bunkers is presenting some info on security which is valuable...
One guy who had contracted with the developer and had some things already buried on his site was robbed, even though it was under concrete and buried. Someone must have been watching him (maybe the filming brought attention.) At any rate he had a big old generator worth hundreds dug up and stolen. So also bullet -proof, blast - proof and projectile-proof doors needed or it is all for nothing. This is one point of the Bunker show but I personally think if people cannot afford a multi thousand dollar door they need to improvise, creating an inside barrier if need be.
Well, I feel these shows are worth watching,
Yowbarb

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2012, 07:38:53 AM »
PS the fellow on doomsday bunkers lives in florida with his family but he picked a location inland hundreds of miles and over 1500 feet.
His generator was stolen but the remote security system with audio visual rigged up by the developer might help.

What I have posted in the past is, after getting the land, immediately "plug someone onto the land." Some you can  trust. A son, a nephew, an older uncle etc. Someone who will be part of your survival group, should the need arise to go underground. Whoever you plug onto the land needs to be able to be there most of the time, as security, receiving materials, building stuff... creating an undrground storage for goods.
Thre are a lot of out of work people probably in most families. If the person is unemcumbered the prop owner oculd keep him afloat to do the security and help on the land. Someone needs to be there. Every time the prop owner goes up there he should haul goods to be stored.
Whoever this person is needs to be a hardy soul. Probably a couple or two friends would be the best bet.
Just some ideas on it.
- Yowbarb

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2012, 07:41:18 AM »
Excuse the typos my mouse not working well... Not sure if anything to do with solar flares computer on and off running like mollases. It can be really fast then gummed up.

Endtimesgal_2012

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2012, 08:05:08 AM »
It occurred to me last night while watching Doomsday Bunkers, that obviously there are enough people out there who are either awakened and preparing, or at least beginning to wake up, for the networks to spend the money to make a series on the subject of preparing for doomsday.  I am happy that these shows are being aired, even if they are a bit sensational, if they even wake up just a few people, it will be worth it.  Also, I think it shows the public that not all preppers are on the fringes of society, most are hard working Americans who hold down jobs with responsibilities, and to be able to prep in the magnitude most of them are doing,  means they are not working for peanuts.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2012, 05:32:44 PM »
It occurred to me last night while watching Doomsday Bunkers, that obviously there are enough people out there who are either awakened and preparing, or at least beginning to wake up, for the networks to spend the money to make a series on the subject of preparing for doomsday.  I am happy that these shows are being aired, even if they are a bit sensational, if they even wake up just a few people, it will be worth it.  Also, I think it shows the public that not all preppers are on the fringes of society, most are hard working Americans who hold down jobs with responsibilities, and to be able to prep in the magnitude most of them are doing,  means they are not working for peanuts.

Good post, I totally agree, too.
Even if there were no major astronomical scenario, the bunkers could save many people's lives from high wind events, social unrest, solar flares etc.
It would even make it a lot harder for thieves to break in and victimize people if more people lived that way...
People need to rethink living in a wooden matchbox powder keg of a house and being that vulnerable...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2013, 07:39:12 PM »
Mermaids!!  Ch 120 EDT   more shows following...

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows
8:00 PM

Mermaids: The Body Found - The Extended Cut

10:00 PM   Mermaids: The New Evidence

11:00 PM   Mermaids: The Body Found - The Extended Cut

1:00 AM      Mermaids: The New Evidence

enlightenme

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • I won't give up, not even after the last sunset!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2013, 05:25:32 AM »
Mermaids!!  Ch 120 EDT   more shows following...

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows
8:00 PM

Mermaids: The Body Found - The Extended Cut

10:00 PM   Mermaids: The New Evidence

11:00 PM   Mermaids: The Body Found - The Extended Cut

1:00 AM      Mermaids: The New Evidence

I recorded and watched most of the one that was on at 10pm.  (I fell asleep right before the end)  Very interesting indeed!

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!