Author Topic: Science Fiction “Fact or Fiction”??  (Read 151 times)

MadMax

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Science Fiction “Fact or Fiction”??
« on: October 22, 2017, 02:44:10 AM »
Recently my niece’s son commented on how much he enjoyed the Netflix series “Stranger Things” I mentioned to him that the series was based on a true story! He looked at me a bit odd and said “yea right”.. I didn’t try to explain further but I thought that it would be good topic for a new tread..

For those unfamiliar with the background here is a good documentary that is well worht watching:

Montauk Chronicles
Montauk Chronicles is a 2014 documentary film from filmmaker Christopher P. Garetano. The film covers the alleged happenings in the Montauk Project.

http://mtkchronicles.com/

And below is a good article from the UK Mainstream press about the Netflix series..

Max.

STRANGER THINGS HAPPENED From mind control, brainwashing and monsters — theories claim Stranger Things happened in REAL LIFE in a secret government project

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/4734230/theories-stranger-things-happened-real-life/

SPINE-chilling stories about the sinister goings-on at Camp Hero air force base in Montauk have long been the stuff of local legend.

Since the Seventies, tall tales have surrounded the derelict facility in Long Island, New York.

Most concern the US Government’s top secret Montauk Project — which, so the stories go, involved kidnapped kids, mind-control experiments, time travel, psychic brainwashing, aliens and a petrifying, other-worldly beast.

If this all sounds familiar to fans of Emmy-winning Netflix sci-fi hit Stranger Things, that’s because the experiments which allegedly took place in Montauk are an inspiration for the show.

Stranger Things, which stars Winona Ryder, 45, and returns for a second series on October 27, was originally titled Montauk.

But creators the Duffer brothers, Matt and Ross, ditched that name and transferred the setting to the fictional town of Hawkins, Indiana. They declined to explain why.

“We began to look at how you could interface minds with computer systems, the idea being you could fly a fighter plane by pure thought.

“But it soon evolved into developing a mind-control device. They wanted to flip a switch and have everyone respond to a computer programme.

“While they never found a signal that worked universally, they were able to target individuals very well.

“Later it was discovered that if the individual whose mind was powering the machine could think of other time periods, this machine could generate a vortex there — essentially a time machine.”

More on this a little later!!:

It is claimed the Montauk Project grew out of the Philadelphia Experiment in 1943, which allegedly was to make the US Navy Destroyer USS Eldridge invisible to German radar.

"Ignorance is Bliss" - (Agent Smith the first Matrix Movie)

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Science Fiction “Fact or Fiction”??
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 04:03:54 PM »
Recently my niece’s son commented on how much he enjoyed the Netflix series “Stranger Things” I mentioned to him that the series was based on a true story! He looked at me a bit odd and said “yea right”.. I didn’t try to explain further but I thought that it would be good topic for a new tread..

For those unfamiliar with the background here is a good documentary that is well worht watching:

Montauk Chronicles
Montauk Chronicles is a 2014 documentary film from filmmaker Christopher P. Garetano. The film covers the alleged happenings in the Montauk Project.

http://mtkchronicles.com/

And below is a good article from the UK Mainstream press about the Netflix series..

Max.

STRANGER THINGS HAPPENED From mind control, brainwashing and monsters — theories claim Stranger Things happened in REAL LIFE in a secret government project

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/4734230/theories-stranger-things-happened-real-life/

SPINE-chilling stories about the sinister goings-on at Camp Hero air force base in Montauk have long been the stuff of local legend.

Since the Seventies, tall tales have surrounded the derelict facility in Long Island, New York.

Most concern the US Government’s top secret Montauk Project — which, so the stories go, involved kidnapped kids, mind-control experiments, time travel, psychic brainwashing, aliens and a petrifying, other-worldly beast.

If this all sounds familiar to fans of Emmy-winning Netflix sci-fi hit Stranger Things, that’s because the experiments which allegedly took place in Montauk are an inspiration for the show.

Stranger Things, which stars Winona Ryder, 45, and returns for a second series on October 27, was originally titled Montauk.

But creators the Duffer brothers, Matt and Ross, ditched that name and transferred the setting to the fictional town of Hawkins, Indiana. They declined to explain why.

“We began to look at how you could interface minds with computer systems, the idea being you could fly a fighter plane by pure thought.

“But it soon evolved into developing a mind-control device. They wanted to flip a switch and have everyone respond to a computer programme.

“While they never found a signal that worked universally, they were able to target individuals very well.

“Later it was discovered that if the individual whose mind was powering the machine could think of other time periods, this machine could generate a vortex there — essentially a time machine.”

More on this a little later!!:

It is claimed the Montauk Project grew out of the Philadelphia Experiment in 1943, which allegedly was to make the US Navy Destroyer USS Eldridge invisible to German radar.

This stuff, no matter how bizarre sounding, has been corroborated by many others, including Al Bielek.

In fact, the guy in the last photograph, Preston Nichols, was himself involved in the Montauk Project and in later years has done a turnaround and now is engaged in helping others.  In one or more of his books, he talks about his early days, his cerebral palsy, and "visitations" with "others" on other planes, and how he returned here with ramped-up skills and knowledge in electronics, plus very little vestiges of his c.palsy.

The time travel stuff is soooooo fascinating!  For example in one instance when two guys jumped off the ship Philadelphia, during a time travel experiment, they found themselves falling and falling,  and eventually when they stopped falling, (never hitting the water) they had entered another time period.