Author Topic: Internet censorship; will PlanetXtownhall survive...?  (Read 912 times)

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
  • literally, I've seen the end in a vision; DEADLY!
    • TEOMCROTE
Internet censorship; will PlanetXtownhall survive...?
« on: December 28, 2016, 12:48:28 AM »
Alex Jones reporting on the 'censorship bill' Obama passed at Xmas.

One wonders; will this effect groups like ours?
Query: what if it indeed does?
I mean, do we have like a backup plan?

Hey, i don't see myself as a conspiracy theorist but we have to be real here; i know for a darn fact that the French instituted regulation [people, stop calling such things "laws"...; they are not lawful] in the 90's[!] for Pete's sake, pointing to 172 groups, calling them "sects" and limiting their freedom to express themselves. [Research "About-Picard".]

Maybe an exchange of email addresses?
An alternative group, like under Yahoo under a pseudonym? [Don't post it; email it...]
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Internet censorship; will PlanetXtownhall survive...?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 05:12:10 PM »

Hey, i don't see myself as a conspiracy theorist but we have to be real here; i know for a darn fact that the French instituted regulation [people, stop calling such things "laws"...; they are not lawful] in the 90's[!] for Pete's sake, pointing to 172 groups, calling them "sects" and limiting their freedom to express themselves. [Research "About-Picard".]

An alternative group, like under Yahoo under a pseudonym? [Don't post it; email it...]

France has definitely moved more toward fascism.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 05:34:32 PM »

Socrates I looked at the links Jones posted on his video and am looking into this.
One way to check out internet stories and sort out fact from fiction is:  Go to the actual Library of Congress.  Link:  114th Congress (2015-2016) https://www.congress.gov/search?q={%22source%22:%22legislation%22,%22congress%22:%22114%22}

The "Countering Disinformation And Propaganda Act"  was introduced months ago by a Republican Senator. I am still digging.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/senate-bill/2692/all-actions?overview=closed#tabs 

Barb's Note continued:  I am not offering an opinion yet know on if this is anything to freak out over.  I am reading it.  Another name for the new Defense Act is the Countering Information Warfare Act of 2016 (S. 2692)"   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Countering_Foreign_Propaganda_and_Disinformation_Act

National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2017
Originally introduced into the House passed then passed the Senate on 8 December 2016 (92-7) then Signed into law by President Barack Obama on 23 December 2016
"National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2017"  Every year there are  laws about defense spending. I am looking for the pdf.

National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2017  Wikipedia... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Defense_Authorization_Act_for_Fiscal_Year_2017
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 06:58:16 PM by Yowbarb »

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 10:18:44 PM »
i say prepare for the worst (and then hope for the best, not count on it); even if a bill does not explicitly refer to, say, censorship of certain groups or content, politics or whatever administrators or legislators might still spin it that way.

I have an email address i only use at 3rd party locations [i.e. library] that i could send anyone interested. Redundancy is really so basic. I mean, i wish i had realized just how basic it is when i first started seriously doing research in 2008, for then i would not have lost the tons of good stuff i did since then.

In the end it is perhaps a moot point since i now believe the group i might survive with will need to be formed from among my acquaintances after TSHTF. But maybe if people know who and how to contact from Planet X Townhall, that will be useful/helpful for some.
As it stands now, if this website goes down, i would not know how to contact anyone or anything [i.e. info] accessible here.
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 11:47:09 PM »
Yowbarb Note - Re the new
One excerpt from the Law:
(National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2017)

(Sec. 1259C) Establishes a Global Engagement Center to lead and coordinate efforts to track foreign propaganda and disinformation efforts intended to undermine U.S. national security interests, and to develop strategies for countering such campaigns. Authorizes the center to provide grants to support civil society groups, journalists, nongovernmental organizations, federally-funded research and development centers, private companies, or academic institutions in analyzing, reporting on, and refuting foreign disinformation efforts.

https://www.congress.gov/search?searchResultViewType=expanded&q={%22congress%22:[%22115%22,%22114%22],%22search%22:%22National+Defense+Authorization+Act+for+Fiscal+Year+2017%22,%22bill-status%22:%22law%22}

LAW
1. S.2943 — 114th Congress (2015-2016)

National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2017

Sponsor: Sen. McCain, John [R-AZ] (Introduced 05/18/2016) Cosponsors: (0)
Committees: Senate - Armed Services
Committee Reports: H. Rept. 114-840 (Conference Report); S. Rept. 114-255
Latest Action: 12/23/2016 Became Public Law No: 114-328. (All Actions)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2017, 11:54:45 PM »
i say prepare for the worst (and then hope for the best, not count on it); even if a bill does not explicitly refer to, say, censorship of certain groups or content, politics or whatever administrators or legislators might still spin it that way.

I have an email address i only use at 3rd party locations [i.e. library] that i could send anyone interested. Redundancy is really so basic. I mean, i wish i had realized just how basic it is when i first started seriously doing research in 2008, for then i would not have lost the tons of good stuff i did since then.

In the end it is perhaps a moot point since i now believe the group i might survive with will need to be formed from among my acquaintances after TSHTF. But maybe if people know who and how to contact from Planet X Townhall, that will be useful/helpful for some.
As it stands now, if this website goes down, i would not know how to contact anyone or anything [i.e. info] accessible here.

Socrates, your posts present some things to think about. I do not necessarily feel it will all get censored and shut down but it would be a shame if anything like that happened and after all these years, people lost track of one another. Of course it is a good idea to prepare for  any eventuality...
If you like, you can send me your more secure email.
We could use a new Mods contact Topic (See General Discussion, Moderators category.) One place to start.
I don't have a special one (email) set up but certainly a good idea.
Well that's about all the time I can put into this tonight...I did post a few links if people want to read the  actual 2017 Defense Bill...I skimmed through the entire thing and posted one excerpt about propaganda, fake news, cyber security etc.
There is more to learn. The general policy here is to keep the Topics mainly to preparation, science, new discoveries theories, etc. Probably best if certain key words not used...I try to stay away from certain things...

Socrates

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
PM
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 12:11:49 PM »
sending a pm...
survival database

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2017, 01:52:07 PM »

Socrates, your posts present some things to think about. I do not necessarily feel it will all get censored and shut down but it would be a shame if anything like that happened and after all these years, people lost track of one another. Of course it is a good idea to prepare for  any eventuality...
We could use a new Mods contact Topic (See General Discussion, Moderators category.) One place to start.
Well that's about all the time I can put into this tonight...I did post a few links if people want to read the  actual 2017 Defense Bill...I skimmed through the entire thing and posted one excerpt about propaganda, fake news, cyber security etc.
There is more to learn. The general policy here is to keep the Topics mainly to preparation, science, new discoveries theories, etc. Probably best if certain key words not used...I try to stay away from certain things...

I haven't had time to keep up all the ongoing (?yearly?) updates to the NDAA, National Defense Authorization Act, but recall feeling rather uneasy upon reading about NDAA2012, which did pass and which, IIRC, was signed into law while Americans were partying in the New Year on Dec. 31, 2011.   I read most or all of it and decided right then and there that democracy in America is DEAD In The WATER if it ever existed.

I suppose each version of NDAA presumably has surprises that most Americans will never know about because they are too busy texting, watching TV and whatanot.

Not much else to say on this, as I sort of "give up" on this topic.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: PM
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2017, 04:28:29 PM »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2017, 04:34:48 PM »

I haven't had time to keep up all the ongoing (?yearly?) updates to the NDAA, National Defense Authorization Act, but recall feeling rather uneasy upon reading about NDAA2012, which did pass and which, IIRC, was signed into law while Americans were partying in the New Year on Dec. 31, 2011.   I read most or all of it and decided right then and there that democracy in America is DEAD In The WATER if it ever existed.

I suppose each version of NDAA presumably has surprises that most Americans will never know about because they are too busy texting, watching TV and whatanot.

Not much else to say on this, as I sort of "give up" on this topic.

I hear ya.

MadMax

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2017, 04:51:44 PM »
Susan Lindauer has a good “first hand” account of the horrors that happened to her during her “NDAA style” detention, well worth listening to:

Susan Lindauer WW3, FEMA Camps, Patriot Act - Truth With Trishaly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N9uA3awiH0

Max.
"Ignorance is Bliss" - (Agent Smith the first Matrix Movie)

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Premier Limited Edition
Offer Ends July 31, 2016

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Survival Seed Vault

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!