Author Topic: Bizarre News Posted Here  (Read 7059 times)

inselemel

Re: Bizarre News Posted Here
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2012, 01:56:18 PM »
"World’s Pyramids Beaming Energy To Mysterious Space Cloud" at http://beforeitsnews.com/story/1733/112/Worlds_Pyramids_Beaming_Energy_To_Mysterious_Space_Cloud.html .

[start excerpt]
Although NASA covered up the strange photon cloud that's now enveloped the solar system, the word has leaked out from some scientists.

And now, as the ominous cloud approaches it's affecting the sun and planets in measurable ways.

Amazingly, as the bizarre energy invades our space, some of the world's most famous pyramids are generating intense energy.

Several incredible incidents of visible power beams shooting skywards into space towards the region of the alien photonic cloud are well-documented.

At the same time, people around the world began hearing and recording frightening sounds—noises that seem as if the Earth itself is moaning and wailing.

All the phenomena—including measurements of the never-before-seen gigantic electrification of the turbulent sun—seem to be centered on the deadly photonic cloud that some have called a 'potential Doomsday space event.'
[end excerpt]

Several photos and illustrations are included in the file.

Yeah, thought the pyramids would get in on the act somehow. Very  8)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2012, 09:32:53 AM »
Bizarre (but good) news. This race car driver walked away without serious injury. Checked out a hospital, OK.
 :)
- Yowbarb
You Tube Video
Jeremy Foley Crash: Pikes Peak International Hill Climb 2012 0:19 18,711 Views

Link: http://youtu.be/on3RxOpGNYA

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/racecar-driver-jeremy-foley-plunges-a-cliff-rocky-mountains-colorado-race-walks-video-article-1.1135900

Racecar driver Jeremy Foley plunges off a cliff in Rocky Mountains during Colorado race ... and WALKS AWAY (VIDEO)
Video shot at the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb on Sunday captured the hair-raising crash as Foley's car flew off the road and flipped dozens of times down the rocky slope.

Video shot at the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb on Sunday captured the hair-raising crash as Foley's car flew off the road and flipped dozens of times down the rocky slope.

BY PHILIP CAULFIELD / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

TUESDAY, AUGUST 14, 2012, 10:26 AM

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/racecar-driver-jeremy-foley-plunges-a-cliff-rocky-mountains-colorado-race-walks-video-article-1.1135900#ixzz23dJUi2pa

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/racecar-driver-jeremy-foley-plunges-a-cliff-rocky-mountains-colorado-race-walks-video-article-1.1135900#ixzz23dIpuHlf

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2012, 09:56:27 AM »
Paul Dallenbach also crashed in his race on Pikes Peak. His video below,
Yowbarb

Paul Dallenbach's scary crash at Pikes Peak International Hill Climb 2012 - Video

Link: http://youtu.be/g2T0c-xDdwc

PHOTO: Motorsport

Paul in his car

http://www.motorsport.com/hillclimb/news/paul-dallenbach-s-scary-crash-at-pikes-peak-international-hill-climb-2012-video/
This was all that was left of Paul Dallenbach's racing car - Photo courtesy of Motorsport.com user AustinW - Click on the photo to see more of AustinW's pictures.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2012, 11:43:11 PM »

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2012, 08:00:43 AM »
I just saw this...cannot believe it. A woman was given life in prison without possibility of parole
when cocaine was found hidden in her attic. She claimed she did not know it was there. Her boyfriend was dealing drugs. Her sister now is caring for her three children... Yowbarb

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/12/science/mandatory-prison-sentences-face-growing-skepticism.html?ref=us

Time and Punishment
For Lesser Crimes, Rethinking Life Behind Bars

By JOHN TIERNEY
Published: December 11, 2012

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Stephanie George and Judge Roger Vinson had quite different opinions about the lockbox seized by the police from her home in Pensacola. She insisted she had no idea that a former boyfriend had hidden it in her attic. Judge Vinson considered the lockbox, containing a half-kilogram of cocaine, to be evidence of her guilt.

But the defendant and the judge fully agreed about the fairness of the sentence he imposed in federal court.

“Even though you have been involved in drugs and drug dealing,” Judge Vinson told Ms. George, “your role has basically been as a girlfriend and bag holder and money holder but not actively involved in the drug dealing, so certainly in my judgment it does not warrant a life sentence.”

Yet the judge had no other option on that morning 15 years ago. As her stunned family watched, Ms. George, then 27, who had never been accused of violence, was led from the courtroom to serve a sentence of life without parole.

“I remember my mom crying out and asking the Lord why,” said Ms. George, now 42, in an interview at the Federal Correctional Institution in Tallahassee. “Sometimes I still can’t believe myself it could happen in America.”

Her sentence reflected a revolution in public policy, often called mass incarceration, that appears increasingly dubious to both conservative and liberal social scientists. They point to evidence that mass incarceration is no longer a cost-effective way to make streets safer, and may even be promoting crime instead of suppressing it.

Three decades of stricter drug laws, reduced parole and rigid sentencing rules have lengthened prison terms and more than tripled the percentage of Americans behind bars. The United States has the highest reported rate of incarceration of any country: about one in 100 adults, a total of nearly 2.3 million people in prison or jail.

But today there is growing sentiment that these policies have gone too far, causing too many Americans like Ms. George to be locked up for too long at too great a price — economically and socially.

The criticism is resonating with some state and federal officials, who have started taking steps to stop the prison population’s growth.
[ Continues ] 

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/12/science/mandatory-prison-sentences-face-growing-skepticism.html?ref=us

IMAGE on page:  by William Widmer for The New York Times
LEFT BEHIND Wendy Evil raised her sister's three children when her sister, Stephanie George, went to prison.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 08:09:02 AM by Yowbarb »

enlightenme

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • I won't give up, not even after the last sunset!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2012, 02:23:19 PM »
Insane, truly insane!  But I no longer have any faith whatsoever in the legal system in this country, sad to say.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2012, 04:17:34 PM »
Insane, truly insane!  But I no longer have any faith whatsoever in the legal system in this country, sad to say.

I know  >:( there have been men convicted of some pretty awful things who did not get life some got only 25-30 years. How in the world could the State have proven she knew the cocaine was in her attic. Burden of Proof was on the Prosecution. Even if guilty the sentence is a bad one..
It partly depeneds up on what state and region it is...
At least citizens have recourse to Appeal to the State Supreme courts and ultimately the Federal Court.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2012, 02:30:18 PM »

Luckiest Truck Driver in Russia   0:48   276,510 Views

Link:  http://youtu.be/CnX18Q_jOYE

UhTeNsHun
Published on Sep 24, 2012
This is the astonishing moment a Russian truck driver is thrown head-first through his windscreen after crashing into a lorry and lived to tell the tale.
He was catapulted out of his cab in a cloud of dust and flying metal when the oncoming HGV swerved into his path.
But amazingly he lands on his feet and, although clearly stunned, appears otherwise unharmed.
He is then seen clasping his hand to his head as he gazes in disbelief at the wreckage.
Footage of the crash was captured by a car fitted with a dashboard camera, an increasingly popular device in Russia

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2013, 08:10:27 AM »
Bizarre and not good news. I hope the man's family got to have the lottery winnings.
His immediate family not suspect. It was a senseless crime. No one could get his winnings by killing him.
The local community and his family said he was a wonderful hard working man. He was an immigrant from India. He won in June and perished really soon afterward. Very recently it was determined he was poisoned with cyanide.
- Yowbarb

Illinois man killed by cyanide poisoning after striking it rich in lottery   VIDEO on page

By Greg Botelho and Chandler Friedman, CNN

updated 7:08 PM EST, Tue January 8, 2013
http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/07/justice/illinois-lottery-death/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

(CNN) -- One day, Urooj Khan jumped for joy after scoring a $1 million winner on an Illinois lottery scratch ticket.

The next month, he was dead.

Investigators initially ruled Khan's manner of death natural. But after being prompted by a relative, the medical examiner's office in Cook County, Illinois, revisited the case and eventually determined there was a lethal amount of cyanide in Khan's system.

"That ... led us to issue an amended death certificate that (established) cyanide toxicity as the cause of death, and the manner of death as homicide," Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Steve Cina said Monday.

Lotto winner's death now murder mystery

Why did Khan, an Indian immigrant who was described as a well-liked, hardworking and successful businessman, die? And who is responsible?

Finding that out is now up to the Chicago police. No arrests have been made.

"We are investigating it as a murder, and we're working closely with the medical examiner's office," Chicago police spokeswoman Melissa Stratton said Monday.

On June 26, Khan was all smiles at a 7-Eleven in the Rogers Park section of Chicago. Surrounded by his wife, daughter and friends, he held an oversized $1 million check and recalled his joy upon playing the "$3 million Cash Jackpot!" game, where tickets sell for $30 apiece.

"I scratched the ticket, then I kept saying, 'I hit a million!' over and over again," the 46-year-old Khan said, according to a press release from the Illinois Lottery.

"I jumped two feet in the air, then ran back into the store and tipped the clerk $100."

The plan, he explained, was to use the money for his mortgage, paying off bills, a donation to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and investing more in his dry cleaning businesses.

Related: The problems with winning the lottery

"Winning the lottery means everything to me," Khan said.

He would have to wait a few weeks to collect his actual winnings, which amounted after taxes to about $425,000. According to CNN affiliate WGN, that check was issued July 19, but Khan never got to spend it.

The next night, Khan came home, ate dinner and went to bed, according to an internal police department document obtained by the Chicago Tribune. His family later heard him screaming and took him to a local hospital, where he was later pronounced dead, the paper reported, citing the document.

That's where the Cook County medical examiner's office came in, investigating Khan's death because it was "sudden and unexpected," Cina said.

At the time, there were no allegations of foul play or evidence of trauma. So, following the office's policy, Khan's body underwent what Cina described as an "external examination (and) basic toxicology testing," neither of which turned up anything abnormal.

So the medical examiner ruled that Khan had died of arterial sclerotic cardiovascular disease -- which encompasses incidents like heart attacks, strokes and aortic ruptures -- and that his manner of death was natural, according to Cina.

A few days later, a family member approached the doctor who had examined the body "and said they felt uncomfortable that it was being ruled a natural and they suggested that we look into it further," the chief medical examiner said.

"So we did that," he added. "Forensics is not a static field. If new evidence comes to light, we'll revisit cases."

That meant more in-depth toxicology tests. In early September, new screening results came back indicating cyanide in Khan's blood. With that, the official manner of death was changed from natural to pending, Cina said, and Chicago police got involved.

In late November, a more detailed blood analysis came back showing "a lethal level of cyanide," and Khan's death became a murder case.

Chicago police haven't offered details, including a possible motive, about what they call an "ongoing investigation." Talking briefly with CNN affiliate WBBM and the Tribune, Khan's widow described her husband as kind and exemplary.

Jimmy Goreel, who runs the 7-Eleven where the winning lottery ticket was sold, offered similarly glowing comments about Khan.

"I would never think that anybody ... would hurt him," Goreel told WGN. "(He was a) nice person, very hopeful and gentle (and) very hardworking."
PHOTO  NY Daily News
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/lotto-winner-poisoned-death-article-1.1235466

« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 08:15:32 AM by Yowbarb »

enlightenme

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2013, 09:04:23 AM »
I came across this article, thought it was a pretty bizarre news story.  Remind not to fly into Miami Airport, I think they must be having a bit of trouble with air traffic controllers??

MIAMI -- Authorities say no one was injured when two commercial jets collided near the gates at Miami International Airport.

Airport spokesman Marc Henderson told The Miami Herald Thursday night that one plane had a damaged wingtip and the other sustained damage on the tail section.

The collision happened between Concourses J and H as an incoming Aerolineas Argentinas Airbus with 240 passengers aboard struck an Air France 777-300 plane preparing to leave for Paris with 350 passengers on board.

Henderson says rescue crews quickly surrounded both planes.

The Herald reports the passengers arriving from Argentina were allowed to get off the plane at the gate. The passengers heading to France had to pick up their luggage and wait in long lines to reschedule their flights.

An investigation is under way.
http://www.weather.com/travel/airplanes-collide-miami-20130118

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2013, 03:23:21 AM »
Enlightenme, that really is bizarre... :o
The story doesn't exactly inspire confidence does it?
- Yowbarb

enlightenme

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2013, 07:54:13 AM »
Enlightenme, that really is bizarre... :o
The story doesn't exactly inspire confidence does it?
- Yowbarb

Ummm, Nope!!!  ??? ;D

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2013, 04:51:42 PM »
Enlightenme that was a scary collision now there is this  -
I can almost not bear to think about let alone post about the latest cruise ship mess happening right now...yeccch!
I am not understanding why some military group cannot get those people off that stinking boat right now!
Surely it is a very bad health hazard...
- Yowbarb
................................................................................

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-02-12/passengers-endure-cruise-ship-hell-in-gulf-of-mexico/

enlightenme

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2013, 07:17:38 PM »
I know, right??  I had been thinking the same thing, or get another ship of any sort to transfer them to...ssheesshhh!

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2013, 12:12:34 AM »
Enlightenme I was going to answer your post many hours ago, had some woek going on with computer...
Update:

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/national/stranded-cruise-ship-closer-to-shore-nightmare-almost-over-for-thousands-of-stranded-passengers

Stranded cruise ship closer to shore. Nightmare almost over for thousands of stranded passengers
Posted: 02/13/2013
Last Updated: 12 hours and 22 minutes ago

• By: WFTS Staff

HOUSTON - The nightmare for thousands of passengers onboard a disabled ship in the Gulf of Mexico is almost over.

The Carnival Triumph went adrift off Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula following a fire in the engine room last weekend.

Two tugboats have been dragging the nearly 900-foot, 14-story vessel at a jogger's pace to a port in Mobile, Ala.

The 3,143 passengers and 1,086 crew members are expected to reach shore Thursday afternoon.

Carnival says it is making passengers as comfortable as possible, contradicting accounts of some passengers.

Meanwhile, some passengers have complained to relatives about hot, dirty conditions aboard the Triumph, including tales of overflowing toilets and limited food.

Forecasters predict a front to bring increasing winds and isolated showers to the path of the ship.   However, the Coast Guard and cruise line say they don't expect passengers to see a noticeable change in shipboard conditions.

Do you have family or friends on the Triumph?  Or, are you going to Mobile to pick someone up?  Share your story.  Email us at newstips@abcactionnews.com .

Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read more: http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/national/stranded-cruise-ship-closer-to-shore-nightmare-almost-over-for-thousands-of-stranded-passengers#ixzz2KrJaNbw7

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!