Author Topic: Scientists mentioned in StarViewer site  (Read 8714 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
Re: Scientists mentioned in StarViewer site
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2011, 11:34:45 AM »
Posting this here too. An Update Matese and colleague Lisssauer have put out a paper, posted at bottom of page.
Also today they made the mainstream media news, CNN.
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/02/15/scientists-telescope-hunt-massive-hidden-object-in-space/
February 15th, 201109:03 AM ET
Matese page ... Here it is again,
Yowbarb

http://www.ucs.louisiana.edu/~jjm9638/

Found this too. Not his page it is a Telegraph UK article...
http://www.viewzone.com/nemesis.html

John J. Matese
Emeritus Professor of Physics
University of  Louisiana at Lafayette

e-mail: matese@louisiana.edu
Research Interests

Astrophysical Dynamics With an Emphasis on Minor (Dwarf) Planets
The Oort Comet Cloud and Its Interaction With Our Milky Way Galaxy 
The bulk of my recent research activity has centered on the Oort comet cloud. In particular, the distributions of observed orbital elements can differ from the in-situ distributions because of observational selection effects and observational uncertainties. Of more interest dynamically is the imprint of the physical mechanism responsible for making these comets observable.  To make a comet observable its perihelion distance, q, must be reduced to sufficiently small values that the solar insolation will create a detectable coma. Since  the angular momentum of a near-parabolic orbiting Oort cloud comet is proportional to q1/2 , to reduce q we must reduce angular momentum, and the tidal torque of  our Milky Way Galaxy is the dominant  mechanism for doing so. Specifically, we argue that the tidal torque due to the smoothed matter density of the galactic disk leaves its own signature on these Oort cloud comet orbital element distributions. Thus ``what you see is not what you've got out there``. In a presentation at the DPS 2003 meeting in Monterey, we provide the most recent evidence that the data are of sufficiently high quality, sufficiently free of observational bias and sufficiently numerous to clearly detect subtle imprints of the galactic tide. Objections of this sort are often raised, but seldom supported with analysis, when the data are used to infer dynamical mechanisms making new Oort cloud comets observable. DPS2003 Monterey Talk:

The related paper, done in collaboration with J. J. Lissauer, has now been published Icarus Paper of Monterey Talk:

http://www.ucs.louisiana.edu/~jjm9638/dps2003/I08821w.pdf
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2011, 11:37:13 AM »
Matese and Lissauer:
http://www.ucs.louisiana.edu/~jjm9638/dps2003/I08821w.pdf
Perihelion Evolution of Observed New Comets Implies the Dominance of the
Galactic Tide in Making Oort Cloud Comets Discernable

John J. Matese1
Jack J. Lissauer2
1Department of Physics, University of Louisiana at Lafayette
Lafayette, LA, 70504-4210
2Space Science Division, MS 245-3, NASA Ames Research Center
Moffett Field, CA, 94035
1 Tel: (337) 482 6697; Fax: (337) 482 6699; E-mail: matese@louisiana.edu
Published 2004 Icarus 170, 508-513.

ASEEKERTOO

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2011, 12:42:41 PM »
all the above comments sum things up pretty well !
just remember that the bible does say that objects will fall to the earth and each will weigh 100 talents.
Makes me wish I had played more Dodgeball in junior high now; I could use that talent of dodging lol.
Ancient Prophecy appears to be fulfilled in the Nightly News.

VillageIdiot

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2011, 01:07:09 PM »
...Makes me wish I had played more Dodgeball in junior high now; I could use that talent of dodging lol...
...or you could repeat this famous phrase aloud if / when the time comes: "Run Forest, RUUUUNNNN!!!"  ;)
Live long and prosper!

Amy Evans

• Members
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is never futile, just time consuming an
    • View Profile
    • The Kolbrin, Planet-X and Nibiru Group
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2011, 10:18:13 AM »
As far as I can see ... they just changed the name of the thing ... its still the same thing that SVT had the MSPP file made for.  This also suggests to me at least, that it is legit!
Amy Evans

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2011, 05:52:43 PM »
Thanks, Amy...
Back in awhile,
Barb

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2011, 10:48:07 PM »
RE Scientists Matese and Whitmire:  Mentioned in this current NASA article.
Please see the blue highlighted text in the Frequently Asked Questions section, below.
Town Hall Member h.cometti posted info on this article in another Topic,

http://planetxtownhall.com/index.php?action=post;quote=45519;topic=2852.0;last_msg=45519

- Yowbarb
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/WISE/news/wise20110218.htm

NASA: Can WISE Find the Hypothetical 'Tyche'?

Mosaic of the Lagoon nebula This colorful picture is a mosaic of the Lagoon nebula taken by NASA’s Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer, or WISE.
Image credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech/UCLA
Full image and caption:
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/WISE/multimedia/gallery/pia13453.html

Background

In November 2010, the scientific journal Icarus published a paper by astrophysicists John Matese and Daniel Whitmire, who proposed the existence of a binary companion to our sun, larger than Jupiter, in the long-hypothesized "Oort cloud" -- a faraway repository of small icy bodies at the edge of our solar system. The researchers use the name "Tyche" for the hypothetical planet. Their paper argues that evidence for the planet would have been recorded by the Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer (WISE).

WISE is a NASA mission, launched in December 2009, which scanned the entire celestial sky at four infrared wavelengths about 1.5 times. It captured more than 2.7 million images of objects in space, ranging from faraway galaxies to asteroids and comets relatively close to Earth. Recently, WISE completed an extended mission, allowing it to finish a complete scan of the asteroid belt, and two complete scans of the more distant universe, in two infrared bands. So far, the mission's discoveries of previously unknown objects include an ultra-cold star or brown dwarf, 20 comets, 134 near-Earth objects (NEOs), and more than 33,000 asteroids in the main belt between Mars and Jupiter.

Following its successful survey, WISE was put into hibernation in February 2011. Analysis of WISE data continues. A preliminary public release of the first 14 weeks of data is planned for April 2011, and the final release of the full survey is planned for March 2012.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: When could data from WISE confirm or rule out the existence of the hypothesized planet Tyche?

A: It is too early to know whether WISE data confirms or rules out a large object in the Oort cloud. Analysis over the next couple of years will be needed to determine if WISE has actually detected such a world or not. The first 14 weeks of data, being released in April 2011, are unlikely to be sufficient. The full survey, scheduled for release in March 2012, should provide greater insight. Once the WISE data are fully processed, released and analyzed, the Tyche hypothesis that Matese and Whitmire propose will be tested.

Q: Is it a certainty that WISE would have observed such a planet if it exists?

A: It is likely but not a foregone conclusion that WISE could confirm whether or not Tyche exists. Since WISE surveyed the whole sky once, then covered the entire sky again in two of its infrared bands six months later, WISE would see a change in the apparent position of a large planet body in the Oort cloud over the six-month period. The two bands used in the second sky coverage were designed to identify very small, cold stars (or brown dwarfs) -- which are much like planets larger than Jupiter, as Tyche is hypothesized to be.

Q: If Tyche does exist, why would it have taken so long to find another planet in our solar system?

A: Tyche would be too cold and faint for a visible light telescope to identify. Sensitive infrared telescopes could pick up the glow from such an object, if they looked in the right direction. WISE is a sensitive infrared telescope that looks in all directions.

Q: Why is the hypothesized object dubbed "Tyche," and why choose a Greek name when the names of other planets derive from Roman mythology?

A: In the 1980s, a different companion to the sun was hypothesized. That object, named for the Greek goddess "Nemesis," was proposed to explain periodic mass extinctions on the Earth. Nemesis would have followed a highly elliptical orbit, perturbing comets in the Oort Cloud roughly every 26 million years and sending a shower of comets toward the inner solar system. Some of these comets would have slammed into Earth, causing catastrophic results to life. Recent scientific analysis no longer supports the idea that extinctions on Earth happen at regular, repeating intervals. Thus, the Nemesis hypothesis is no longer needed. However, it is still possible that the sun could have a distant, unseen companion in a more circular orbit with a period of a few million years -- one that would not cause devastating effects to terrestrial life. To distinguish this object from the malevolent "Nemesis," astronomers chose the name of Nemesis's benevolent sister in Greek mythology, "Tyche."

JPL manages and operates the Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer for NASA's Science Mission Directorate, Washington. The principal investigator, Edward Wright, is at UCLA. The mission was competitively selected under NASA's Explorers Program managed by the Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Md. The science instrument was built by the Space Dynamics Laboratory, Logan, Utah, and the spacecraft was built by Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp., Boulder, Colo. Science operations and data processing take place at the Infrared Processing and Analysis Center at the California Institute of Technology in Pasadena. Caltech manages JPL for NASA. More information is online at http://www.nasa.gov/wise, http://wise.astro.ucla.edu and http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/wise .

Whitney Clavin 818-354-4673
Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, Calif.
whitney.clavin@jpl.nasa.gov

› Back To Top

« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 11:06:11 PM by Yowbarb »

Amy Evans

• Members
  • Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2011, 08:42:18 AM »
Barb ... I agree ... if they would point the WISE sat at it, they would know .... but in my opinion ... they already know, but won't say it.   Thoses two Scientists worked with Dr. Robert S. Harrington ... they know full well what is coming ... that is why they have put out all of those papers on it ... changing the name each time ... its the same object, they just don't have the guts to stand up and say so!

Here is a leaked Infrared image of the thing from 2007-08 ... I have more, but I'm afraid to post them on account Starviewer would be in danger
Amy Evans

errrv

« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2011, 11:14:50 AM »
That looks strikingly familiar! Is it closer now?
Erv

Amy Evans

• Members
  • Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2011, 11:50:03 AM »
If StarViewerTeam is to beleived .... less than 8 AU's out ... around the orbit of Saturn
Amy Evans

errrv

« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2011, 11:59:39 AM »
Current time?
Erv

Amy Evans

• Members
  • Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2011, 12:13:43 PM »
Yes ... current time:)
Captain Bill/Mythi, a youtuber under the name of Alanticobr has been posting videos for some time with information very close to, or surpassing the info from SVT!
Amy Evans

jrobert69

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2011, 12:39:53 PM »
Yes ... current time:)
Captain Bill/Mythi, a youtuber under the name of Alanticobr has been posting videos for some time with information very close to, or surpassing the info from SVT!

He has some "unusual" videos. Possibly on purpose?

Amy Evans

• Members
  • Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2011, 12:43:08 PM »
Always a possibility ... in a few of his videos he used a star chart I found on the StarViewer Home Web page a few years back ... so there is a connection
Amy Evans

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2011, 06:14:40 PM »
Barb ... I agree ... if they would point the WISE sat at it, they would know .... but in my opinion ... they already know, but won't say it.   Thoses two Scientists worked with Dr. Robert S. Harrington ... they know full well what is coming ... that is why they have put out all of those papers on it ... changing the name each time ... its the same object, they just don't have the guts to stand up and say so!

Here is a leaked Infrared image of the thing from 2007-08 ... I have more, but I'm afraid to post them on account Starviewer would be in danger

Amy, thanks for you input, very valuable as always,
Yowbarb

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!