Author Topic: Miscellaneous threats to survival  (Read 22217 times)

Endtimesgal_2012

Re: Miscellaneous threats to survival
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2012, 04:44:49 PM »
Steedy:  C Diff is not just a case of common diarrhea, it is a very serious medical condition that people have died from.  And not all antibiotics cause this bacterial disease, only a few of them.

steedy

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2012, 05:11:20 PM »
I know what C diff is.  All antibiotics cause diarrhea. 

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2012, 10:14:02 PM »
http://www.rxlist.com/clindamycin-drug.htm

Here is a link that tells about the antibiotic I took and how it is well known to cause C. Diff.  But there are several others which also have a propensity to cause it.  There are safer antibiotics, you need to address these questions with your doctor AND your pharmacist before using, and don't use antibiotics without thinking about it first, doctor's are pretty free with writing prescriptions for antibiotics when there are alternative methods.  You must think for yourself, and make informed decisions.

Thanks for the info. That sounds familiar infact I think that's what I got when I got my D&C and then my recent hysterectomy surgery. (The same antibiotic.) We generally have Greek yogurt in the house...have been consuming that all along. Will be getting the probiotics capsules too.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 08:39:24 AM by Yowbarb »

1969quartz0

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2012, 01:31:58 PM »
Well I just found out I have C-diff. from the Cleavland clinic and antibiotics, it is not fun. I was running to the wash room every fifteen minutes, they gave Metronidazole generic for Flagyl I hope it works.

Endtimesgal_2012

« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2012, 01:58:46 PM »
I feel sorry for you, get some good probiotics and start taking them.  You can research C Diff on the internet.

1969quartz0

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2012, 02:07:16 PM »
Thanks!

Survival101

• View Profile
    • Lloyd Perry & Company
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2012, 12:44:50 PM »

Quality, fermented foods in every meal...vegetables, sauerkraut, kefir, yogurt, etc. will be very important for you right now. Fermented foods rebuild the digestive system, which also influences our immune system. It's also, something each and every one of us should be consuming and know how to make/prepare for our own selves/families. It's imperative to everyone to build as strong a body as possible...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2012, 09:48:40 PM »
Well I just found out I have C-diff. from the Cleavland clinic and antibiotics, it is not fun. I was running to the wash room every fifteen minutes, they gave Metronidazole generic for Flagyl I hope it works.

Flagyl should definitely help...
also the good suggestions about probiotic capsules.
One thing that also seems powerful is liquid friendly bacteria, kept in cold cases, in health food stores.
Please let us know how you are progressing along toward health again.
With you our friend,
Barb T.

steedy

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2012, 07:27:20 AM »
Something I've been very concerned about lately is diseases.  Although my initial worry is manufactured viruses, I'm afraid the old fashioned diseases will come back.  Just the other day I heard about whooping cough is making a come back.  But even with the old diseases, I think the government will adjust them to make them more virulant strains to tell us the only way to protect ourselves will be through vaccines.  I can't trust vaccines that suddenly become available.  Vaccines take years of research before they become available to us.  I'll stop my ranting, but it's something I think about often.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2012, 02:42:56 PM »
Something I've been very concerned about lately is diseases.  Although my initial worry is manufactured viruses, I'm afraid the old fashioned diseases will come back.  Just the other day I heard about whooping cough is making a come back.  But even with the old diseases, I think the government will adjust them to make them more virulant strains to tell us the only way to protect ourselves will be through vaccines.  I can't trust vaccines that suddenly become available.  Vaccines take years of research before they become available to us.  I'll stop my ranting, but it's something I think about often.

Vaccination has become a controversial subject...
People will make their own choices and choices on behalf of their kids...
People need to do whatever they can do to prevent disease and get stronger.
The time is now to purchase things which could help such as the colloidal silver deal that you add water to and it gives you the colloidal silver. Things like plenty of the probiotic capsules, vitamin C, etc. Vitamin/ minerals generally do not last long but if properly packed they might last on into the next decade. Get chopped garlic in a jar (I wonder how long that lasts?)
People can stock up on non toxic substances such as vinegar, grain alcohol to help disinfect areas. In times of plague some people who were known to have survived the bubonic plague had doused them selves with vinegar, sometimes garlic. They ate it, stunk of it put cloves under their bonnets, wore it around their necks...etc.
Anyone running a survival group has to have an iso room set up. Isolation. Hopefully someone will have the rudiments of medical knowledge.
In the Aftertimes, if there is an epidemic raging nearby, as long as people have some way of knowing that, they can at least stay out of harm's way until it passes. Well just some ideas, probably you have thought about these things.
Oh yes people need to cultivate garlic too, pretty continually.
There was an old German-born naturopath I went to back in the late 1960s.
Old Doc Leininger. (Not sure of the spelling now.) Leininger emigrated to the US before WWI. He had traveled the world a lot and lived with and interviewed peoples of many cultures and found out what they ate. He said the Gypsies put garlic in virtually everything they ate. He said they did not get syphilis and they did not get the plague. I don't think they put garlic in their sweetbreads or cakes but aside from that they used a lot of it. I hope they still do...
I used to be plagued with sore throats and he taught me how to use the raw garlic for it. Not everyone can do this: I would put a peeled garlic clove on a back molar and bite down. I let the garlic juices run down my throat. Every time I did that I didn't end up needing Erythromycin.
In recent years I have been using the Louisiana hot sauce as a preventative. It is loaded with cayenne pepper which is a medicine. Supposedly it kills these things on contact:
bacteria
viruses
molds
fungi
candida
pinworms and other small parasites
cancer cells
!!
I have used it to help when I feel short of breath, allergic bumps starting up on back of throut, wheezing starting, exhaustion sore throat colds etc. A couple tablespoons of that and I am generally good to go.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 03:22:18 PM by Yowbarb »

steedy

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2012, 02:51:30 PM »
Louisiana hot sauce!!  My eyes are watering just thinking about using this!! 

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2012, 03:02:16 PM »
Louisiana hot sauce!!  My eyes are watering just thinking about using this!!

You could try Crystal Brand Louisiana Hot Sauce from New Orleans. I have tried different brands it is the purest, smoothest kind I have found. After Katrina it was difficult to find for a couple of years then I saw it again on the market shelves. If you want to try it, try just a tiny lick of it from a teaspoonful at first, have a soft drink handy. If you can manage that take a whole teasponnful. some people can't do it other people will be taking a couple teaspoonsful fairly easily.
Regular taco sauce or stuff with regular chilies added will tend to make a person choke more. This is a bit smoother.
Cayenne is also available in capsule form.
Book: Curing with Cayenne.

I personally know a fellow who beat brain cancer and he did it on his own and it was partly because of all the cayenne capsules he took. There is no way I could ever prove that. I know it is true, though.  ;D
- Yowbarb

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31OAkmWfqeL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2012, 03:04:36 PM »
PS the cayenne can thin the blood a bit (gets rid of fat out of the blood) but if the person has a bleeding disorder or is already on a bunch of blood thinning medications not wise to take the cayenne. In this case check with doctor.

Survival101

• View Profile
    • Lloyd Perry & Company
« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2012, 05:39:13 AM »

Yes, cayenne can thin the blood if you eat/supplement with it internally, but if you have a deep wound, pouring cayenne into it will stop the bleeding almost instantly. I've done it! Bandage up tightly and you will hardly have a scar...

Willsorr75

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2012, 06:45:33 AM »

Hate to hear that. Hope you feel better. My son had it also. Eating yogurt on a daily basis will help prevent it..
Stay informed, information is our first line of defense!
-Will

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!