Author Topic: Miscellaneous threats to survival  (Read 47051 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Miscellaneous threats to survival
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2012, 02:00:31 PM »
People need to be reminded that "threats" can come from their next door neighbor.  When TSHTF, everyone, sadly, can become a threat, because in spite of our common thinking that we are so "civilized", we are really just a step away from being savages.  There are a lot more STS people out there than STO, and when people are starving, they will justify their belief in "survival of the fittest" and will not hesitate to take what they need from you even if it means hurting or killing you.  We need to be "wise as serpents, and innocent as doves" as the bible says, and also learn not to "cast our pearls to the swine".

My dear elderly mother said if starving people came to her door, she would not let them in, but would give them some food to take with them.  She had to be educated that she should never answer the door when alone, and that once the people learned she had food, they might take it by force, hurting her in the process.  Thank God, she will be with my four brothers and I will not have to worry about those kinds of situations.

Wise ideas.
I was thinking I would try to place something outside the area of my property not near the house. It might be hard to have anything to spare but a barrel of water, some foods, tarps,  etc. would help a desperate person.
True no telling how people will react.
People will need to be wary and put the safety of their own group particularly the children, first.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2012, 06:53:34 AM »
Yowbarb Notes: Mountain lions are creatures to be aware of, anyway, but the existence of these is an additional thing to factor in, if you are bugging out on foot, or even stopping on the way in a bugout through unfamiliar territory, etc.
The thought never crossed my mind about mountain lions possibly being a danger....until the news story about the woman jogger taken down by a mountain lion. She did not survive. I think it's possible the big cat was crouching down near the trail, and all it saw was was movement and struck.
Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_cougar_attacks_in_North_America
List of fatal attacks
One victim: Iris M. Kenna, 56, female December 10, 1994
Killed while hiking alone near Cuyamaca Peak in California's Cuyamaca Rancho State Park[6] (40 miles (64 km) east of San Diego in the Laguna Mountains )

Reading the wikipedia article I learned a person doesn't have to be way out in the wilderness to be stalked attacked and killed some attacks happen near homes and one was even in a schoolyard.
Staying Safe in Mountain Lion Country

Mountain lions are quiet, solitary and elusive, and typically avoid people.

Mountain lion attacks on humans are extremely rare. However, conflicts are increasing as California’s human population expands into mountain lion habitat.

Do not hike, bike, or jog alone.
Avoid hiking or jogging when mountain lions are most active—dawn, dusk, and at night.
Keep a close watch on small children.
Do not approach a mountain lion.
If you encounter a mountain lion, do not run; instead, face the animal, make noise and try to look bigger by waving your arms; throw rocks or other objects. Pick up small children.
If attacked, fight back.
If a mountain lion attacks a person,
immediately call 911.
http://www.dfg.ca.gov/keepmewild/lion.html

« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 10:30:59 PM by Yowbarb »

sineck

• Trusted Member
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2012, 11:35:53 AM »
Salmonella really isnt that great, it kind of sucks to tell you the truth. i just got over it, over the past week. really it took me about five days to get over it, the worst is the dehydration. ive had many parasites in this body of mine. gone through alot when it comes to intestinal diseases. my work has taken me to places so far out there that once i had to apply chile habanero in places that i would not recommend, for a heat rash.  :o. that in intself took four days to get rid of. theres alot of things that you really can do if you knew what to do. i try to take it in the respect of our personal history. look at what you had. what you had to do to get rid of it . you really have been through alot. you just need to remember. if there is anything that i could help with, about remedies and medical situations just let me know. personal cases are the most important. everyone has different situations. i guess that personal experiences are about the best thing that one could have.   I want to let everyone here in the town hall to know about a product called alecos. i comment on this because in reality it has helped me more than one could imagine. i have no symptoms of salmonella in a five day count. the site is alecos.com.mx  these are natural products. the one i use is the main one its a tintura. a soap like product that tastes like you know soap. i mean it really sucks. its horrible. they have it in ment but i trust the blue one. its all in spanish sorry. looks kind of chessy. but 100 confidance i do have.
Life is the element of disoriented illusions. A character of self- being with a mind of self awareness. Grievance combined with happiness in a fortitude of harmony and socio communicative disagreements of proffered existence. SINECK,

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2012, 07:00:22 PM »
Salmonella really isnt that great, it kind of sucks to tell you the truth. i just got over it, over the past week. really it took me about five days to get over it, the worst is the dehydration. ive had many parasites in this body of mine. gone through alot when it comes to intestinal diseases. my work has taken me to places so far out there that once i had to apply chile habanero in places that i would not recommend, for a heat rash.  :o. that in intself took four days to get rid of. theres alot of things that you really can do if you knew what to do. i try to take it in the respect of our personal history. look at what you had. what you had to do to get rid of it . you really have been through alot. you just need to remember. if there is anything that i could help with, about remedies and medical situations just let me know. personal cases are the most important. everyone has different situations. i guess that personal experiences are about the best thing that one could have.   I want to let everyone here in the town hall to know about a product called alecos. i comment on this because in reality it has helped me more than one could imagine. i have no symptoms of salmonella in a five day count. the site is alecos.com.mx  these are natural products. the one i use is the main one its a tintura. a soap like product that tastes like you know soap. i mean it really sucks. its horrible. they have it in ment but i trust the blue one. its all in spanish sorry. looks kind of chessy. but 100 confidance i do have.

Mil gracias - Thanks for sharing this and we are glad you are recovering.
Thanks for the suggestion of a natural product to take care of these problems.
- Barbara

Endtimesgal_2012

« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2012, 09:23:53 AM »
OMG!  Have I got a story for you!

A couple of months ago, I had a small cyst removed and the doctor prescribed antibiotics for me.  When I had the prescription filled, the pharmacist told me that the type of antibiotic I was prescribed could cause diarrhea, and if it did to quit taking it.  So I went home and took it and after about 4 days I started having diarrhea, so I quit taking it.  The diarrhea stopped for a few days, just long enough for me to not connect the dots to what happened next.  Suddenly, out of the blue, I threw up and had such forceful, horrible diarrhea, I could not even make it to the bathroom in time.  I thought I had come down with a flu virus.  I spent the next nine days in bed, so sick, can't remember when I have ever been so sick with the flu, diarrhea at least 20-25 times a day, chills and fever, stomach cramps, nausea, could not eat, and still in spite of not eating I could not comprehend the continuance of diarrhea.

Finally on the 8th day, I started researching on the internet as I began to realize this could not possibly be a flu bug, lasting so long.  I somehow found a website which dealt with how certain types of antibiotics can cause the body to come down with a bacterial infection called C. Difficule.  OMG!  I went and got my paperwork which came with my RX and discovered that yes, this is one of the antibiotics which is famous for causing this horrible thing.  So I called my doctor, who ordered a stool sample and sure enough, I had C diff.  But do you think the doctor acted in the least bit concerned that he had prescribed, out of all the numerous kinds of antibiotics available, one that is famous for causing this?  No, he simply prescribed ANOTHER antibiotic for me to take which was to kill the bad bacteria.

My research indicated that the way this works is this:  You take the antibiotic, and yes, it will kill the infection, but your colon contains both good and bad bacteria, which usually stays in balance.  The antibiotic then not only kills the bad, but also the good, and then somehow a certain bacteria, blooms into C Diff.  The internet articles are full of people who have suffered, some people actually die, and most people who recover, are going to have a relapse somewhere down the line again, usually when they have to take antibiotics again.  The majority of people end up in the hospital, I did not go, because I am on a limited income and was worried what my portion would be after insurance, and I knew I would not be able to pay it.  I suffered alone, no one to help me, my daughter brought me gatorade to keep me hydrated, but she works and could not stay home to help me, and besides this infection is HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS, and the only thing that kills the spores is bleach.  Even in the hospital, they wear gloves, face masks, etc, and have to clean everything with bleach, doorknobs, sinks, everything.

I never took the second round of antibiotics, I used iodine, probiotics, and other supplements and have recovered.  But I can tell it is still there, waiting to bloom again. 

Please, please be very careful when you take antibiotics, and don't unless it is extremely necessary.  Try alternative methods first, I would not wish this infection on my worst enemy.  Now I have lost total faith in my doctor, and I have weaned myself off all medications, and am stepping up my vitamin regime, have eliminated sugar and flour from my diet, and am eating many more servings of fresh fruit and vegetables.  I have purchased an exercise bike and am using it daily until the weather improves and I can get outside.  I am determined to build up my strength to try to prevent a relapse.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2012, 09:41:01 AM »
Endtimesgal_2012 thanks for sharing your story. Wow that is horrible! I never heard of that.
What is the name of the antibiotic which caused C difficule condition?
Sorry if you posted it I don't see it,
Yowabrb

Endtimesgal_2012

« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2012, 10:20:00 AM »
http://www.rxlist.com/clindamycin-drug.htm

Here is a link that tells about the antibiotic I took and how it is well known to cause C. Diff.  But there are several others which also have a propensity to cause it.  There are safer antibiotics, you need to address these questions with your doctor AND your pharmacist before using, and don't use antibiotics without thinking about it first, doctor's are pretty free with writing prescriptions for antibiotics when there are alternative methods.  You must think for yourself, and make informed decisions.

chaunska

« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2012, 01:04:18 PM »
You need to start taking large doses of probiotics daily for the next few weeks.   Not the yogurt kind, the concentrated capsule form.

Endtimesgal_2012

« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2012, 01:11:16 PM »
Thank you for posting a reply, I am taking two different probiotics daily in addition to a full range of vitamins and also iodine drops.  I know how important the probiotics are for recovery.

steedy

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2012, 04:22:08 PM »
All antibiotics can cause diarrhea.  It's probably the most common side effect for them.

Endtimesgal_2012

« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2012, 04:44:49 PM »
Steedy:  C Diff is not just a case of common diarrhea, it is a very serious medical condition that people have died from.  And not all antibiotics cause this bacterial disease, only a few of them.

steedy

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2012, 05:11:20 PM »
I know what C diff is.  All antibiotics cause diarrhea. 

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2012, 10:14:02 PM »
http://www.rxlist.com/clindamycin-drug.htm

Here is a link that tells about the antibiotic I took and how it is well known to cause C. Diff.  But there are several others which also have a propensity to cause it.  There are safer antibiotics, you need to address these questions with your doctor AND your pharmacist before using, and don't use antibiotics without thinking about it first, doctor's are pretty free with writing prescriptions for antibiotics when there are alternative methods.  You must think for yourself, and make informed decisions.

Thanks for the info. That sounds familiar infact I think that's what I got when I got my D&C and then my recent hysterectomy surgery. (The same antibiotic.) We generally have Greek yogurt in the house...have been consuming that all along. Will be getting the probiotics capsules too.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 08:39:24 AM by Yowbarb »

1969quartz0

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2012, 01:31:58 PM »
Well I just found out I have C-diff. from the Cleavland clinic and antibiotics, it is not fun. I was running to the wash room every fifteen minutes, they gave Metronidazole generic for Flagyl I hope it works.

Endtimesgal_2012

« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2012, 01:58:46 PM »
I feel sorry for you, get some good probiotics and start taking them.  You can research C Diff on the internet.

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Premier Limited Edition
Offer Ends July 31, 2016

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Survival Seed Vault

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!