Author Topic: Possible Meet Up Catron County New Mexico  (Read 1509 times)

svisioner

Possible Meet Up Catron County New Mexico
« on: September 04, 2010, 09:05:38 AM »

Anyone here in the Catron County New Mexico area?

We live on the North East corner of the country,
  40 miles from Pie Town, 60 miles from Quamato.

Looking to meet with other like minds in the are

Peace and Love

Dan & Sheila

dougluvn

Re: Possible Meet Up Catron County New Mexico
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 06:11:31 PM »
I would come to where you are just that I am too far and in the times to come traveling will be like what it was in 150 years ago.........slow!

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 08:05:46 PM »
I am thinking of relocating to Durango Colorado.  Two other TownHall members (or previous members) have already gone to that area or nearby.  The altitude is 6500 feet.  Perhaps better water supply there than in New Mexico, because of run-off from the mountains to the north.  It is La Plata County seat. Population in July 2009: 16627. Population change since 2000: +19.4%.  No Interstate highway nearby.  Some tourism attractions are nearby, but that line of business will decrease, of course, as the economy collapses.  Good farm land nearby.  (I used to have family there, and I spent one summer there with my grandmother.)

The summers are warm and the winters are cold  now.  The latitude after the pole shift will be about 25 degrees North, so the climate should be sub-tropical then.  (As will be New Mexico and even Chihuahua, Mexico, according to Zetatalk -- but some decades after the pole shift.)

I expect that opportunities exist, or soon will, to form survival communities in that area.  Some might be there already.

dougluvn

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 03:45:03 PM »
That sounds like  great place.  any where there is no interstatehighway would be great as i believe they will still serve as a means for people to travel....on foot have you.  On that i tell my wife we will not travel on interstates because of the risk of raiders and ambushes.  getting off topic so I'll stop lol

VillageIdiot

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 06:50:59 AM »
Although I'm located in the foothills on the west side of metro Denver, I'd be very open to buying into some land in SW Colorado / NW New Mexico as well! Errrv, I also play guitar!  ;D
Live long and prosper!

noproblemo2

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 06:28:44 PM »
Awesome. If I get the place, I'm not asking for money, just company. Those days of false ownership are coming to an end and money is just a small jolt of electricity moving from one computer to the next. The land belongs to the creator and we are here to use it for enlightenment.
Fully agree errrv !!!!

Texasborn

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 03:56:30 PM »
Has anyone checked into the guadelupe mountains se corner of NM  very high 7500+  lots of caves and underground water and springs?

thats where I was thinking of going but would like to be in a good group of like minded people

Texasborn

Texasborn

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 06:09:45 AM »
I have a list of over 20 known caves that are in Guadelupe Mountains not the Carlesbad Cave National park if there was a way to sneak into Lechuguilla cave its the second largest cave in america but its also not open to the public, http://www.nps.gov/cave/planyourvisit/upload/lech_news_2.pdf
here is a link to info on it.   There are many others that are very large.   The one thing it even says on the park map is its very far from anywhere so you have to bring everything you need with you.   Im going out to check it out June 24th  McKittrick Canyon looks promising entrance is off of hwy 62/180 

MrMexBiker

OK check out this cave list, research, and share your thoughts
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 11:06:33 AM »
Underground living from Sept to the end of this year may be required to survive. Issues brought up in this forum are valid such as being closed off or not permitted to be there. Many exist in the SW. I live in AZ and interested in what others in the SW know about the caves on this list and what might work. Check it out:
www.caverbob.com/usalong.htm
Remember to show up with food, supplies, and an ability to offer protection to the group. Phase I is survival underground. Phase II is survival above ground to what we face of a possibly surreal nature.

noproblemo2

Re: OK check out this cave list, research, and share your thoughts
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 11:26:06 AM »
Underground living from Sept to the end of this year may be required to survive. Issues brought up in this forum are valid such as being closed off or not permitted to be there. Many exist in the SW. I live in AZ and interested in what others in the SW know about the caves on this list and what might work. Check it out:
www.caverbob.com/usalong.htm
Remember to show up with food, supplies, and an ability to offer protection to the group. Phase I is survival underground. Phase II is survival above ground to what we face of a possibly surreal nature.
That's one heck of a list of caves !!!!!!!!

MrMexBiker

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2011, 10:16:10 AM »
Might have a good cave available on private land that is suitable in N AZ. Please let me know if you are interested. Will require all to help get it ready and contribute resources for at least your family for a year.
Mex