Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: Doomsday shelters making a comeback  (Read 4098 times)

Joe Montanna

• Members
Doomsday shelters making a comeback
« on: September 13, 2010, 07:35:50 PM »
Quote:
Apparently Cold War era doomsday shelters are making a comeback. USA Today had an article about it this week.

“It’s an investment in life,” says Hodge, a Teamsters union representative. “I want to make sure I have a place I can take me and my family if that worst-case scenario were to happen.”

So it seems a lot of people have a sense of something, from folks like Hodge in the article, to Reagan’s Assistant Secretary of the Treasury. Damn.

But as I’ve written in a few posts, government collapse doesn’t equal social collapse. Not even close.

But on the other hand, preparedness is not the same as paranoia. And the reason I think we are ok without government is precisely because Americans tend to not wait around for government to take care of us.

So maybe these shelters are an example of that?

Radius Engineering in Terrell, Texas, has built underground shelters for more than three decades, and business has never been better, says Walton McCarthy, company president.

The company sells fiberglass shelters that can accommodate 10 to 2,000 adults to live underground for one to five years with power, food, water and filtered air, McCarthy says.
This is not metal shelter, so electric magnetic field will not damage it.
    The shelters range from $400,000 to a $41 million facility Radius built and installed underground that is suitable for 750 people, McCarthy says. He declined to disclose the client or location of the shelter.

“We’ve doubled sales every year for five years,” he says.Other shelter manufacturers include Hardened Structures of Colorado and Utah Shelter Systems, which also report increased sales.

Radius Engineering has some fascinating stuff to look through online. Individual shelter systems, community shelter systems, and more.

And they have a twitter account to, where they post survivalist and preparedness articles and such.
END QUOTE:
THIS IS SO COOL..! ;D
Dose anyone want to put our money together and get a shelter? 8)
Thanks, Joe

« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 07:41:14 PM by Joe Montanna »

noproblemo2

Re: Doomsday shelters making a comeback
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 07:56:44 PM »
Neat, now where to put it is the question....
Link to their site:
http://www.bomb-shelter.net/
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 08:02:41 PM by noproblemo2 »

Joe Montanna

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 08:06:06 PM »
White River National ForestAddress:Station is accessible‎
 Not true? Show all edits Not true?
 Write a review -  - more info »
Placement on map is approximate
900 Grand Avenue
Glenwood Springs, CO 81601-3602   ;D

donnaseesthelite

• Trusted Member
    • Oakland Airport Transportation
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 08:42:45 AM »
this is cool.  And I thougt I was going to have to blast out the mountain and build it myself...  The only problem with letting a company like this do it for us, is the fact is they will know EXACTLY where we are, and thus so will the Military when they come for us.  These here look very nice and accomodating I could even fatham hiding out there for 5 years....

But again I think the point is for very few to know where we are right?

Donna

donnaseesthelite

• Trusted Member
    • Oakland Airport Transportation
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 08:53:19 AM »
Just checked out this site www.bomb-shelter.net  Very interesting, who out there has excellant credit?? We could all pitch in for the down payment and finance the rest.  When disaster hits, do you think they will worry too much about us making our monthly payments??? :P   

The only problem is when we can emerge from our underground condo, they will know where we are too... :-[

Donna

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 09:34:27 AM »
Just checked out this site www.bomb-shelter.net  Very interesting, who out there has excellant credit?? We could all pitch in for the down payment and finance the rest.  When disaster hits, do you think they will worry too much about us making our monthly payments??? :P   

The only problem is when we can emerge from our underground condo, they will know where we are too... :-[

Donna

I like the way you think about getting people together and getting your shelter going.
Understand how you feel about secrecy but maybe the priority is just to get through the crossover events... whatever they are. If you find a type of shelter that claims it will hold up to a flood and provide ventilation pipe and system etc. then go for it, since this is the most complicated issue to try and build this. Not going to be possible for everyone to perch up on a mountain top and those might not be too stable anyway so there is always the chance of at least a few feet of water moving through any area.

A lot of people will have to remain where they are, underground for at least a couple weeks, possibly a long time. Then - when the worst weather events and earth movement are over they can go up and take stock of their surroundings. It may be possible then to put up other structures and continue living off their supplies.  If a group could have a small separate shelter for chickens/ an area for couple of cows, sheep etc. construction materials, fencing,equipment, then they will have a better shot at longer term survival.
Combustion hazard: Any vehicles, gasolene, propane, tools etc will have to be buried underground in steel containers far away from the main shelter and the domestic animal shelter

Anything on the surface is not likely to be worth much if you can find it at all, after the crossover.. (That's if we have a bad crossing of Planet X and there are high winds.)

Re secrecy I am all for it, but I wouldn't let that stop me from having a company put up a shelter. I am less concerned about govt ment interference now... they have way too much on their hands to look up each shelter built. Just sayin'. For those billions who are left to weather the storm on their own, they probably just need to focus on that: A structure that will withstand tremendous wind, fire and all of it.  (Why fire? Partly a natural result of winds, which could be 200 mph for a short time.) I am not an expert on this, but I have read that this 200 mph hour wind could come suddenly. Partly the fires could be ignited from fireballs or small meteorites falling on the planet.
Add to the mix: Various types of industrial and vehicle explosions etc.) You get the idea. 

A sidenote: If a person is in a wooded area, and if they have the manpower, let them clear away the timber and store it underground. That way there will be a little clearing away from the shelter and that way, there will be some timber to use in the aftertimes for fuel and some building. That is a lot of work but perhaps two steel containers would do. Cheaper: A pit lined with concrete doesn't have to be perfect. Put the wood in and put a concrete layer on a board roof and bury it. 
- OR - if there is no money or time to be that fancy, just bury the wood. If nothing is left available to store the timber in, just bury it deep. Dirt should protect stuff from a lot of damage and even if the wood gets damp or whatever it can always dry out later. I am thinking wood will be scarce after PX.

SCRAP MATERIALS: Any material to build with will be at a premium. As I posted elsewhere, today's junk is tomorrow's building material. Old rubber tires, scrap wood, glass bottles, cardboard and aluminum cans and even cardboard and trash paper. I intend to have a pit on my land with a system so I can pull up a metal net full of materials. This would need to be covered over and buried. While you are setting up your area, any pit of refuse will have to be secret because that is illegal. No food garbage - just stuff to make walls out of, even newspapers and plastic scrap. It needs to be covered over with a concrete or metal plate and buried so it will not catch fire. This would be covered over just before the people scramble to go underground.

Note: NASA projects and wars are scheduled to end by 2012 at least that is the trend. Eventually there may be a sweep of planes or troops in trucks, seeing who is left and I do not feel they will have the resources to "gather everyone up and do something to them." Also there will be horrible flooding in many places and the roads will be wrecked. So ... a group is likely to remain where they are, undisturbed by any guvnmint group, for a long time at least. There will be no law and order or protection from government, either. The main danger may be from roving groups of people with nothing, more of a danger than government snoopers.

It is even possible that sometime in the aftertimes, food and other goods would be distributed. Don't ever count on that but it could happen. It is always possible (I do not feel likely) that some governments will scoop up some people and put them in underground shelters. It just won't be possible to know that until the time comes. I realize that doesn't seem likely. If the government is not talking about a possible - probable event that could happen in the next two years, then they may not have any plans to save people. A lot of people will not trust any help that is offered and we will only know when the time comes if there is a threat or actual help. The way I feel about guvnmint there is the hard core illuminati no good PTB then there is the actual democratic or Parliamentary process and those who are, in the main, participating in it and trying to preserve it. This is a group of individuals, some of them not so different from you or I. I don't lump them all together in a group. Not like I used to. It is likely they will be whisked away underground. Police, national guard and military are likely to all end up underground, and when they do surface I do not feel they will necessarily have only the intent to do harm. There are rotton apples in every group, bad orders and policy but in the main - the individuals are not so bad... Will there be a lot of cowardice and getting themselves and their families to shelter?  Yes. Can they still come out and want to help the survivors? Yes some will be very happy to see survivors and want to help. This probably would not happen for a long time after the worst cataclysms.
The most evil thing is that we are not all being informed on what is coming. I do not feel those who do survive will be penalized for that...

Well just some thoughts... A lot of this has been posted elsewhere. I hope it helps you and others. just do as you see fit, and all the best of luck,
 ;D
Yowbarb   Oh yes, miscellaneous images, below. These are for the Aftertimes. It seems the phenomenon of people preparing for the aftertimes has been going on since the 1960s.
It would help if a group already had a great stash of materials to build with, safely buried undergroune. Cement and all would help, too! Dream big, of survival.

http://www.greenhomebuilding.com/recyclematerials.htm

« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 08:59:56 AM by Yowbarb »

Amy Evans

• Members
  • Prolific Member
  • Resistance is never futile, just time consuming an
    • The Kolbrin, Planet-X and Nibiru Group
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 04:10:35 PM »
I am leary of anything underground ... it might become a tomb. I'm opting for being mobile first, shelter to be determined as needs warent
Amy Evans

thomasslavicek

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2010, 07:43:00 PM »
Sounds great.
How many people would contribute ?
I am definitely intrigued. In which state ?

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 03:34:27 PM »
Sounds great.
How many people would contribute ?
I am definitely intrigued. In which state ?

Thomas - not sure why you are listed as Guest...if you ever see this, just reapply...
- Barb Townsend

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 03:35:30 PM »
Going to be randomly posting copanies wehich sell bomb shelters or ads I wsee...
Yowbarb

http://www.survivalcenter.com/UG.html 

America's Premier Preparedness Center

In Continuous Operation Since the early 1970's

Supplier of Family Preparedness, Health, and Survival Supplies

We have the knowledge and experience. Call the Experts at 1-800-321-2900

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 04:46:59 PM »
Just saw this tonight...
- Yowbarb
http://housing.yakaz.com/bomb-shelter-for-sale#lo=4&docid=0008a67ap29qndse

Off Grid Living in Texas - Property for Sale

For sale $65,000 Wolfe City 75496, TX, United States - 1 week ago on geebo.com

homestead
Www.cedarpondhomestead.com We have for sale a property in Texas, between Greenville and Wolfe City, approximately 3.5 acres. It is on a county road, at the top of a hill. It has an underground building which was originally designed as a bomb shelter in 1982, complete with a gravity-fed water supply from cisterns above which collect ...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2012, 04:53:38 PM »
BTW I don't have any idea what kind of shape the bomb shelter is in...a person would have to go look.
(IF) it is a sturdy, useable underground building with 3.5 acres, on top of a hill - that sounds like a good deal...or potentially a good deal...
- Yowbarb

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!