Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: Find Your Survival Place: Land ads, misc postings  (Read 100843 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Find Your Survival Place: Land ads, misc postings
« Reply #405 on: December 14, 2019, 09:20:37 PM »
Due to being on top of pine mountain, i had to produce my soil.  It is too rocky here.  Had to blast in order to make an underground shelter(10 by 40 feet).  I mixed fertiliuzer and other parts o different ingredients to have good soil.  My string beans went nuts. Great crop.  However we do have a lot of grasshoppers.  I do put a deterent on the plants.  It seems to work.  Have not done well with potatoes.  Tomatoes were ok.  I can get two crops as long as the weather holds.  I have not stayed during the winter months due to my asthma.  I tend to get sick easier in cold.  But I would run there if I needed to.Just wish I knew a bit more.

Ekratz a couple things make it easier to tolerate the cold... I have a sensitive respiratory system too.
Whenever I am in a cold area or temporarily cold where I am, I cover my nose and mouth. Muffler over mouth and nose.
I put a dab of Vicks on the nostrils...
Indoors with heater or fireplace i either have a humidifier on low or at least a few cups or bowls of water around...
Lots of Vitamin C. Throughout the day practically all I have are warm beverages.
Coffee, cocoa, soup... At night when i go to sleep I try to have my room fairly warm and have a bowl or two of water for some humidity I use plenty of blankets. Right by my bedside  are my asthma sprays, cup of water, Vicks. I inhale the Vicks as I am going off to sleep.
I also recommend grinding the coffee beans and brewing the coffee the night before and just heat it up and get a really warm drink down ya, upon arising. Stand by the fire or heater and drink the hot drink... I love the morning and the outdoors but I have to wait until at least mid morning before going out in cold weather... If i absolutely have to go out I have the muffler over my mouth and nose.  :)
Barb T.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #406 on: December 14, 2019, 09:54:31 PM »
Due to being on top of pine mountain, i had to produce my soil.  It is too rocky here.  Had to blast in order to make an underground shelter(10 by 40 feet).  I mixed fertiliuzer and other parts o different ingredients to have good soil.  My string beans went nuts. Great crop.  However we do have a lot of grasshoppers.  I do put a deterent on the plants.  It seems to work.  Have not done well with potatoes.  Tomatoes were ok.  I can get two crops as long as the weather holds.  I have not stayed during the winter months due to my asthma.  I tend to get sick easier in cold.  But I would run there if I needed to.Just wish I knew a bit more.

Ekratz, PS just realized U probably know all that which I posted, in Reply #405. Just some basic tips...
All The Best to you,
Barb T.

Ekratz

• Members
« Reply #407 on: December 15, 2019, 03:21:46 PM »
Thanks for the tip.  I think my ground is good at growing rocks.  I am serious.  Each year, I have to look before mowing as new rocks are on the surface.

R.R. Book

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #408 on: December 16, 2019, 04:39:15 AM »
That pretty much describes the stone outcropping that we live on top of here...

ilinda

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #409 on: December 16, 2019, 09:52:52 AM »
You've done a LOT already with the blasting, then building 10X40 shelter.  Very, very cool.

If you grew great beans, you will probably eventually grow lots of other things.  Since it's so rocky, do you ever have access to some farmer's old, spoiled hay?  Sometimes someone around here will cut hay and it will rain long and hard that night before it can be "put up", thus ruining it for animal feed.  But that spoiled hay, if piled up, will over time become soil.  And even before it's officially soil, it will grow some crops.  We have gotten a lot of spoiiled hay for the very reason of mulching and soil building.

Congrats on your accomplishments on Pine Mountain.

Ekratz

• Members
« Reply #410 on: December 16, 2019, 02:21:01 PM »
I did not know that about spoiled hay.  I will need to look into it.  Thank you!

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #411 on: December 18, 2019, 12:04:23 AM »
Thanks for the tip.  I think my ground is good at growing rocks.  I am serious.  Each year, I have to look before mowing as new rocks are on the surface.

R.R. Book, Socrates and ilinda may have some permaculture tips for that kind of terrain...

That hay is an interesting tip...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #412 on: December 18, 2019, 12:25:03 AM »
Yowbarb Note: Seems reasonably priced. Not sure it would have adequate food growing areas but some timber could be cut and some ground leveled...

https://www.landsofamerica.com/Ohio/undeveloped-land/

$37,000 - 19 acres
Available
2995 Shay Ridge Road , Matamoras, OH 45767 - Washington County
Recreational   Undeveloped    Hunting
Static Google Map      Property ID 7544778

19 Acres National Forest
19.08 Acres bordering Wayne National Forest public hunting, with beautiful wooded setting and privacy. Would make a great house or cabin site. Very good investment. Electric is near the property. Property is on a quiet country gravel road and about 4 miles from State Route 26.

Very nice area, rural near Marietta and bordering hundreds of acres of Wayne National Forest. There are no Gas or Oil rights with this property.

One of the best white tail deer areas in the nation. The deer are nice sized and plenteous. There are also a lot of turkey, grouse and squirrel in the area.

About 95% of the land is wooded. The woods are mainly red oak, tulip poplar, hickory and some white oak. This property has not been timbered recently. The timber rights DO go with the property, which is not always the case in Ohio. The property is mainly sloping to hilly, but there are a couple of nice flats on the property that would make a nice cabin site or possible building site.

The acreage has been surveyed. Elevation ranges from 880 feet to 980 feet. There are neighbors near the property, but not within of view. This property HAS been surveyed within the last year.

I am not a realtor, I own this property. Real Estate taxes on the property were $300 per year as of last year. Priced to sell quick at $37,000, firm. Owner financing available with $3,700 down & $319/mth for 20 yrs. Other financing options available. No credit checks are done. 5% Cash Discount.

Neal Branch (740)989-0260

Address: 2995 Shay Ridge Rd, New Matamoras, OH 45767

Latitude : 39.5020 degrees N...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #413 on: December 18, 2019, 01:23:44 AM »
https://www.landsofamerica.com/property/160-acres-in-Muskingum-County-Ohio/6968885/

$525,000 - 160 acres
Available
0 Blue Rock Road , Blue Rock, OH 43720 - Muskingum County
Timberland    Undeveloped

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #414 on: December 18, 2019, 09:47:36 AM »
Posting more details on this Blue Rock, Ohio land:

https://www.landsofamerica.com/property/160-acres-in-Muskingum-County-Ohio/6968885/

$525,000 - 160 acres     Available
0 Blue Rock Road , Blue Rock, OH 43720 - Muskingum County
Timberland     Undeveloped

Muskingum County Wooded Vacant Land
Secluded timberland and hunting land for sale in Central Eastern Ohio. Drive past the corn field, the timbered property and this property opens up to a mature hardwood forest with a live creek and food plots set up. This property offers great hunting potential in the coveted county of Muskingum with substantial timber value and a great trail system already set up. Not very often do you find a property in Ohio with standing timber, great wildlife habitat, and food around at this price. Property has deeded easement for access. Call today for a private showing of this 160 acre property

R.R. Book

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #415 on: December 18, 2019, 11:09:04 AM »
Yowbarb Note: Seems reasonably priced. Not sure it would have adequate food growing areas but some timber could be cut and some ground leveled...

https://www.landsofamerica.com/Ohio/undeveloped-land/

$37,000 - 19 acres
Available
2995 Shay Ridge Road , Matamoras, OH 45767 - Washington County
Recreational   Undeveloped    Hunting
Static Google Map      Property ID 7544778

19 Acres National Forest
19.08 Acres bordering Wayne National Forest public hunting, with beautiful wooded setting and privacy. Would make a great house or cabin site. Very good investment. Electric is near the property. Property is on a quiet country gravel road and about 4 miles from State Route 26.

Very nice area, rural near Marietta and bordering hundreds of acres of Wayne National Forest. There are no Gas or Oil rights with this property.

One of the best white tail deer areas in the nation. The deer are nice sized and plenteous. There are also a lot of turkey, grouse and squirrel in the area.

About 95% of the land is wooded. The woods are mainly red oak, tulip poplar, hickory and some white oak. This property has not been timbered recently. The timber rights DO go with the property, which is not always the case in Ohio. The property is mainly sloping to hilly, but there are a couple of nice flats on the property that would make a nice cabin site or possible building site.

The acreage has been surveyed. Elevation ranges from 880 feet to 980 feet. There are neighbors near the property, but not within of view. This property HAS been surveyed within the last year.

I am not a realtor, I own this property. Real Estate taxes on the property were $300 per year as of last year. Priced to sell quick at $37,000, firm. Owner financing available with $3,700 down & $319/mth for 20 yrs. Other financing options available. No credit checks are done. 5% Cash Discount.

Neal Branch (740)989-0260

Address: 2995 Shay Ridge Rd, New Matamoras, OH 45767

Latitude : 39.5020 degrees N...

Owner financing on this property along with no credit check could either be a sweet deal for someone just starting out/starting over, or it could be a trap of some sort.  I'd give the property a thorough going over, as well as the deed and survey.  It might also be a good idea to speak with potential neighbors about the property, and about their own wells and septic systems to be certain of what's underneath the land. 

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #416 on: December 18, 2019, 11:40:30 AM »
RR -
For sure, due diligence...

Everything I have been posting for years are suggestions. Simply means I saw the ad and seems like a potential survival area for someone. :)

Anyone intending to or thinking about buying a property needs to go there and do everything they can to check out the property and that would include
•   past flooding
•   adequate elevation areas for homes, domes etc.
•   limitations of land use
•   nosy people, HOAs etc.
•   fracking nearby
•   karst topography
•   streams or rivers at same elevation as the land...
•   kind of people who will be your neighbors
•   Adequate distance from neighboring houses. Privacy.
•   Cannot view the property all at once (avoid totally flat plots of land)
•   These, just a few of the cautions which i have posted over the years, periodically -
•   RR posted  some good ideas too, Reply #415

- Yowbarb

Jimfarmer

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #417 on: December 18, 2019, 01:23:17 PM »
Anyone intending to or thinking about buying a property needs to go there and do everything they can to check out the property and that would include
•   past flooding
•   adequate elevation areas for homes, domes etc.
•   limitations of land use
•   nosy people, HOAs etc.
•   fracking nearby
•   karst topography
•   streams or rivers at same elevation as the land...
•   kind of people who will be your neighbors
•   Adequate distance from neighboring houses. Privacy.
•   Cannot view the property all at once (avoid totally flat plots of land)
•   These, just a few of the cautions which i have posted over the years, periodically -
•   RR posted  some good ideas too, Reply #415

*  Seismicity (see USGS and state gov. maps)
*  Faults (ditto)

ilinda

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #418 on: December 18, 2019, 02:30:25 PM »
•   past flooding
•   fracking nearby
•   karst topography
•   These, just a few of the cautions which i have posted over the years, periodically -

*  Faults (ditto)
^ water quality testing (even if far from frackiing, it's good to know if heavy metals or VOC's, etc., are in aquifer).  Friends moved here( MO Ozarks) from Iowa because much or most of Iowa water is full of Atrazine from constant row-cropping employing synthetic chemical farming techniques.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #419 on: December 18, 2019, 02:37:19 PM »
•   past flooding
•   fracking nearby
•   karst topography

*  Faults (ditto)
^ water quality testing (even if far from frackiing, it's good to know if heavy metals or VOC's, etc., are in aquifer).  Friends moved here( MO Ozarks) from Iowa because much or most of Iowa water is full of Atrazine from constant row-cropping employing synthetic chemical farming techniques.

ilinda, yes indeed! Water testing!

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW