Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Home Study System

Author Topic: Find Your Survival Place: Land ads, misc postings  (Read 65262 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Find Your Survival Place: Land ads, misc postings
« Reply #315 on: April 10, 2018, 10:45:21 PM »
Here's another site with recreational property... I'm not sure yet if there are restrictions... This ad, east central KENTUCKY. There will be karst in some areas, not in others. Map link:[/navy]

https://water.usgs.gov/ogw/karst/kig2002/jbe_map.html
...AD:

https://www.whitetailproperties.com/hunting-land/kentucky/powell/backwoods-recreational-property-in-east-central-kentucky2

Backwoods Recreational Property In East Central Kentucky
Those rock outcroppings are beautiful, eh?  That one looks very interesting and the price probably can't be beat.  Check mineral rights, as that is a very big thing these days with the frackers wanting to frack this entire planet to death.  Nowadays getting all mineral rights would be a top priority for many.

ilinda, that is a really good point, a person needs to find out about nearby fracking and check to see if the purchaser would own all mineral rights.
Many a lovely, long-time family-owned ranch in Texas was ruined by fracking...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #316 on: April 30, 2018, 08:59:53 PM »
Athens, OH seems like a cool place...
Possible that some locations in Athens county might be good... Athens itself is only a little over 700 feet in elevation but there are  the "Western Hills" in the area...

Probably a lot of farm land with rivers but should be hills nearby in several locations... In order to get some elevation above the river plains.

https://www.landandfarm.com/

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #317 on: May 02, 2018, 05:23:33 AM »
I have to add a humorous anecdote about relocating:

There has been a wave of metropolitan New Yorkers seeking rural property in our area.  I was visiting with two of my elderly Mennonite friends yesterday, and a newcomer from New York walked up and greeted us.  We were friendly with her in return, but her every attempt at conversation met with a deer-in-the-headlights facial expression from my friends.  First the woman assumed that we all were familiar with a pop music artist from New York, and secondly she assumed that everyone owned and watched television.  My friends, being Plain, had never seen television in their lives.

The New Yorker was a very sweet person, and my heart went out to her, as she had just lost her mother and needed to talk about it.  Note to newcomers moving to Pennsylvania: If a local woman wears an ankle-length dress, her hair in a bun, a prayer covering on her head, and a modesty cape across her bustline, she will not be conversant in pop culture, but can teach you anything you want to know about simple living. :)

« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 05:47:20 AM by R.R. Book »

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #318 on: May 02, 2018, 08:57:27 PM »
Still it seems amazing that someone would assume that elderly, rural, farm people would be familiar with some rock or hip-hop star.  It is almost laughable, because I've occasionally met people from the East Coast who sort of suggested an air of being a bit more sophisticated and "in-the-know" than most others. Certainly not all, and maybe not most, but some do project that.

Eventually Newcomer might come to realize why few if any of the Mennonite would be familiar with such things.  Especially in these times.  In time, maybe even a rather short while, Newcomer might be a real blessing and joy to know!

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #319 on: May 03, 2018, 08:36:34 AM »
Absolutely.  :)

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Below is a map of least restricted zoning areas in the U.S. in red, in which landowners can build an outhouse over a cesspool rather than being restricted to a costly septic system, put a mobile home on the grounds, go off-grid, etc.  Please click on map to enlarge and view counties.

http://earthship-academy-experience.tumblr.com/post/44392980404/crowdsourcing-pockets-of-freedom-using-google-maps

Referred by Oppenheimer Ranch Project:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYgWVHQgzxU
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 04:38:55 PM by R.R. Book »

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #321 on: May 04, 2018, 09:05:31 PM »
A friend who,until a few years ago, lived several miles north of us, in an area that is equally isolated and rural, has informed me that the place across the road from her former home is about to be put on the market, and she wanted me to let my friends know.

I am waiting to hear the price and # of acres, as it is rural, near a creek, and has an old barn and old house, presumably a fixer-upper, and the current owners are in their 80's, had promised never to sell it, but now feel compelled to do so, due to the distance from St. Louis.

As soon as I hear details, will post it.  It is not on a paved road, but is on a gravel/dirt county road in a fairly remote area, which I believe a lot of people are looking for now.  Update to follow....

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Below is a map of least restricted zoning areas in the U.S. in red, in which landowners can build an outhouse over a cesspool rather than being restricted to a costly septic system, put a mobile home on the grounds, go off-grid, etc.  Please click on map to enlarge and view counties.

http://earthship-academy-experience.tumblr.com/post/44392980404/crowdsourcing-pockets-of-freedom-using-google-maps

Referred by Oppenheimer Ranch Project:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYgWVHQgzxU

Awesome! R.R. thanks for posting!

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #323 on: May 05, 2018, 06:24:05 PM »
A friend who,until a few years ago, lived several miles north of us, in an area that is equally isolated and rural, has informed me that the place across the road from her former home is about to be put on the market, and she wanted me to let my friends know.

I am waiting to hear the price and # of acres, as it is rural, near a creek, and has an old barn and old house, presumably a fixer-upper, and the current owners are in their 80's, had promised never to sell it, but now feel compelled to do so, due to the distance from St. Louis.

As soon as I hear details, will post it.  It is not on a paved road, but is on a gravel/dirt county road in a fairly remote area, which I believe a lot of people are looking for now.  Update to follow....

ilinda, thanks
looking forward to hearing more about it... I'm sure this could help someone...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #324 on: May 05, 2018, 06:48:11 PM »
This 31 acres is offered on ebay. 
Pittman TN, at the base of the Smokeys. 1200+ ft elevation...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittman_Center,_Tennessee
ebay ad reads:
  31+ Acres at the base of the Smokey Mountains
                                      Land in historic Pittman Center, Tennesse

Time left: Time left: 17d 09h 5/23, 6:25AM
Price:US $432,000.00 Buy It Now
Best Offer:  Make Offer

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #325 on: May 05, 2018, 08:03:04 PM »
RE the previous land ad, some ideas on 31 acres.
If 20 adults with their families bought the land together, the divided cost is about $145,000 for the land.  $432,000.00 / 20 = less than $22,000 apiece.
I realize there are additional costs these are approx amounts to secure the land itself.
I think that would be doable for a lot of people.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #326 on: May 05, 2018, 08:23:07 PM »
Important to clear a large central area on your land, so you can observe intruders  as they approach.
The large central area can be the shared areawhere survival land residents congregate, cook meals in the beginning, group together for survival and security, as domes, undergrounds are being built...

R.R. Book

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #327 on: May 06, 2018, 03:25:14 PM »
 :) :)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #328 on: August 09, 2018, 08:49:04 PM »

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #329 on: August 12, 2018, 02:32:42 PM »
There is a LOT to see there!

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

This uplifting and entertaining guide is written to give you, the reader, confidence and hope through effective leadership techniques and survival community strategies designed for an extended tribulation. Learn more...

Advertise

Marshall's Motto

Destiny comes to those who listen, and fate finds the rest.

So learn what you can learn, do what you can do, and never give up hope!