Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System 
Surviving the Planet X Tribulation

Author Topic: Find Your Survival Place: Land ads, misc postings  (Read 81697 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Find Your Survival Place: Land ads, misc postings
« Reply #345 on: May 30, 2019, 09:24:21 AM »
https://homesteadsurvivalsite.com/top-10-states-living-off-grid/

HOME » SKILLS » OFF GRID SKILLS » TOP 10 STATES FOR LIVING OFF THE GRID
Top 10 States for Living Off the Grid

OK, but conditions during the pole crust shift, and the climate afterwards, have not been considered.  For those reasons, the states of Montana and Arizona are the only good alternatives.  I personally picked south-east Montana as the best survival location in North America, and specifically in the hills in or adjacent to the Custer National Forest near to the small town of Ekalaka.

A really good property with a creek was for sale there a few years ago but was not available when I checked a few months ago.

Hi Jimfarmer, probably very true, the listed states on the site did not figure in coming any possible pole shift and climate changes etc.
Hopefully some land ads will come up in that area you mentioned...
- Barb T.

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #346 on: May 30, 2019, 01:32:43 PM »
Hi Jimfarmer, probably very true, the listed states on the site did not figure in coming any possible pole shift and climate changes etc.
Hopefully some land ads will come up in that area you mentioned...
- Barb T.

* Ekalaka, MT, Custer Natl Forest, Black Hills Nat.l Forest.jpg (116.47 kB, 670x562 - viewed 2 times.)

Custer National Forest has multiple separate sections.  There is a section of it just a few miles east of Ekalaka.

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #347 on: May 31, 2019, 10:36:30 AM »
Trying to get my bearings in map shown in post #345.  There are two towns named Buffalo, and there is a Rapid City.  Maybe the Buffalo in lower left is in south east Montana, and the one in upper right in one of the Dakotas, and the Rapid City in South Dakota?  The state boundary lines are faint.

The area sounds very inviting, as I've looked at the area in Montana around Kalispel and that is very beautiful.  Maybe all of MT is beautiful.  Even the town called "Recluse" sounds inviting!

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #348 on: May 31, 2019, 10:19:52 PM »
Trying to get my bearings in map shown in post #345.  There are two towns named Buffalo, and there is a Rapid City.  Maybe the Buffalo in lower left is in south east Montana, and the one in upper right in one of the Dakotas, and the Rapid City in South Dakota?  The state boundary lines are faint.

The area sounds very inviting, as I've looked at the area in Montana around Kalispel and that is very beautiful.  Maybe all of MT is beautiful.  Even the town called "Recluse" sounds inviting!

Attachment Ekalaka_Hills_and Custer_National_Forest.jpg

The western third of Montana, the mountainous part, is currently having many earthquakes.  I don't remember seeing any in the central or eastern thirds of the state.  The western part is in the "Deformed Craton" geologic region, and the rest of the state is on the North American Craton.

Ref. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laurentia

Jimfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #349 on: May 31, 2019, 11:17:06 PM »
You might also like Miles City, Montana.

Miles City and Baker, MT, have the Walmart stores nearest to Ekalaka.  Both are on Interstate 94.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 11:55:25 PM by Jimfarmer »

ilinda

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #350 on: June 01, 2019, 07:07:18 PM »
Thanks for that geology lesson, Jim.   Now I want to visit my friend in Kalispell, but on the way there check out some of central and eastern MT.   Hmmm, wonder if she knows of the "Deformed Craton"...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #351 on: June 12, 2019, 01:21:01 PM »
Realizing now from R.R. and Jim's postings we cannot totally count on the stable interior zone the North American Craton. Anyway here is a link to the original topic and some images for comparison...

https://planetxtownhall.com/index.php/topic,287.msg48143.html#msg48143

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #352 on: June 12, 2019, 01:23:22 PM »

Miles City and Baker, MT, have the Walmart stores nearest to Ekalaka.  Both are on Interstate 94.

Jimfarmer, thanks for useful data, keep on keepin' on with the great posts.
- Barb T.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #353 on: June 12, 2019, 01:58:31 PM »

https://www.landwatch.com/Montana_land_for_sale/Miles_City  154 listings. Here is one:

Miles City, Custer County, Custer Country, MT Land For Sale - 20.09 Acres

Land
Parcel Size:          20.09 Acres
Price:                  $39,900
MLS or other ID:  6952271
Agent Jason Marscati

Acreage Bordering BLM Land and situated at the end of the road. Located in a peaceful setting with abundant game animals, this 20 acre parcel is available with an adjoining 20 acre parcel if you want 40 acres. With both pieces backing up to public land and power on the neighboring property, this property can be year round or seasonal. Terrain offers a mix of tree coverage, open grasslands with some rolling topography. Located about 33 miles southwest of Miles City.  Property type:

MLS or other ID:  6952271

Copyright 2019 Big Sky Country MLS. All rights reserved. All information provided by the listing agent/broker is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #354 on: June 12, 2019, 02:16:54 PM »
So, make sure your location near Miles City is not in any danger from the dam. If a person was traveling there to find land in the non-snowy months, this would be a good campground, as he said probably no washing water provided, site says drinking fountain, (bring your own water.) Outhouses, spacious spread out, nice camp. Free.
VanLife Miles City, Montana 12 Mile Dam Campground   10:18

https://youtu.be/UyJN7XdByjg

AdventureVanMan
Published on Oct 3, 2016
Found a nice camp in Miles City.  My name is Brian.  I live on the road full time in my self built camper van. Join me on my adventures.  In this video I leave Billings Montana and head towards Miles City, Montana to find a camp.  I check out 12 Mile Dam Recreation Area and it turns out to be a beautiful camp.  Thanks for watching.
-- Contact me at AdventureVanLife@gmail.com
https://freecampsites.net/#!32365&query=sitedetails
Montana / Miles City
Twelve Mile Dam
 This is a FREE campsite. Address Grenz Drive Miles City, Montana
GPS: 46.24701, -105.750487  Elevation: 2441'
Get Directions  https://www.google.com/maps?daddr=46.24701,-105.750487
Management
Public - Fish and Wildlife Service (Official)
406-234-0900   
The road in is Gravel and 400 feet miles from a paved road. Twelve Mile Dam is open All Year. There are 6-15 campsites at this location and the maximum RV length is 45 feet. You may stay 7 days at Twelve Mile Dam.
Amenities:  Boat Ramp
Picnic Tables, Restrooms
Activities:      Boating, Fishing, Hiking, Hunting, Wildlife Viewing,
Submitted by Anonymous. Last update: Mar 19, 2016
Twelve Mile Dam is a state fishing access site on the Tongue River of southeast Montana. There is a campground with tent and trailer sites. Facilities are limited to restrooms, no drinking water is available. Handicapped accessible fishing pier. A boat ramp is provided. 7 day stay limit.

Limited access for trailers and RV's, tight corner on entrance road.

Directions
12 miles south of Miles City on Hwy 59, 1 mile SW of Tongue River Road (Hwy 332)

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Radio Free Earth: Community Preparedness and Two Way Radios

BUY NOW

In a post-global disaster world, predators and tyrants will have the best two-way radios, and they'll use them to surveil you at a comfortable distance.

What will you have? Signal flares and red bandannas?

If so, when you least expect it, the predators and tyrants will come to take a spoil and they will torture, rape, and kill without mercy.

This is why Radio Free Earth authors Marshall Masters and Duane W. Brayton have an urgent message for everyone with a serious interest in preparedness. That being, analog RF (radio frequency) is the heartbeat of freedom. Accept no substitutes.

Watch our free videos to learn how to stay safe and free with an affordable strategy for two way communication, both near and far.

Welcome to Radio
Free Earth

Why Radio
Free Earth

Post-Disaster
Communications

Citizens Band Radios
for Survival

BUY NOW