Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: Find Your Survival Place: Land ads, misc postings  (Read 103528 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Find Your Survival Place: Land ads, misc postings
« Reply #420 on: December 18, 2019, 07:39:12 PM »
Anyone intending to or thinking about buying a property needs to go there and do everything they can to check out the property and that would include
•   past flooding
•   adequate elevation areas for homes, domes etc.
•   limitations of land use
•   nosy people, HOAs etc.
•   fracking nearby
•   karst topography
•   streams or rivers at same elevation as the land...
•   kind of people who will be your neighbors
•   Adequate distance from neighboring houses. Privacy.
•   Cannot view the property all at once (avoid totally flat plots of land)
•   These, just a few of the cautions which i have posted over the years, periodically -
•   RR posted  some good ideas too, Reply #415

*  Seismicity (see USGS and state gov. maps)
*  Faults (ditto)

YES seismicity. We add to that, nuclear energy sites...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #422 on: January 08, 2020, 07:33:01 PM »
Bidding has ended on the land auction item, in the previous post..

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #423 on: March 06, 2020, 03:10:00 PM »
Barb Note: I don't know if I had posted this site before. I hope it helps someone.

https://nationalland.com/land-for-sale-in-the-united-states

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #424 on: March 08, 2020, 10:17:19 PM »
On this page, you can download their free land-buying guide

https://www.land.com/owning/everything-you-need-to-know-about-microfarming/

When you think of a farm or a ranch, you may picture acres and acres of land with a picturesque red barn, dozens of animals, and a farmer in overalls tending to it all. And while there are many farms across the country just like this, not all of them require a lot of space, heavy equipment or a location far out in the county. Microfarms are common in the agricultural and farming industries, and allow farmers to tend to animals and grow crops on a smaller scale, and usually right in the middle of busy, bustling city centers. A microfarm refers to an agricultural infrastructure that typically works on five acres of land or less. They thrive in urban areas, and their focus is on sustainability and a commitment to being eco-friendly. What sometimes starts as a garden can grow into a microfarm, focusing on specialty crops that don’t need to be produced in large quantities, such as tomatoes and lettuce. Common crops for microfarms include garlic, herbs and microgreens, and it’s common for microfarms to connect with a small, specialized niche in which to market their goods.

MadMax

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #425 on: March 24, 2020, 02:36:59 PM »
Better late than never, probably too late though ..

Hoping to escape coronavirus, city dwellers are fleeing to California's deserts and mountains  :(

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/hoping-to-escape-coronavirus-city-dwellers-are-fleeing-to-californias-deserts-and-mountains/ar-BB11zHSz

LOS ANGELES — Just two weeks after Gina Grande landed her dream job in San Francisco, authorities ordered residents to stay home in a desperate bid to slow the spread of the coronavirus. Rumors of fistfights breaking out in grocery stores soon followed.

“Overnight, the world took a sharp turn into the Twilight Zone,” Grande said. “I had to get out of there. So, I made a beeline to my boss’ office and said, ‘This is awkward, but can I please telecommute from Southern California?’ ”

As the coronavirus pandemic tightens its grip on California’s largest cities, some residents are fleeing urban sprawl and seeking shelter in isolated communities in the Mojave Desert or rugged Sierra Nevada. Their hope, they say, is to avoid possible public unrest and limit their exposure to the virus (some people will never learn!) ..

"Ignorance is Bliss" - (Agent Smith the first Matrix Movie)

MadMax

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #426 on: March 24, 2020, 02:44:53 PM »
Wonder if they feel welcome (not having moves sometime ago) and not made themselves part of the community ??

'Go home rats!' Furious locals in rural towns and villages erect signs and scrawl messages on beaches telling second home owners to leave amid coronavirus outbreak - but many remain defiant and continue their move to countryside  :P

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8146283/Angry-locals-St-Ives-Cornwall-scrawl-messages-beach-second-home-owners-remain-defiant.html
"Ignorance is Bliss" - (Agent Smith the first Matrix Movie)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #427 on: March 24, 2020, 09:54:29 PM »
Better late than never, probably too late though ..

Hoping to escape coronavirus, city dwellers are fleeing to California's deserts and mountains  :(

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/hoping-to-escape-coronavirus-city-dwellers-are-fleeing-to-californias-deserts-and-mountains/ar-BB11zHSz

LOS ANGELES — Just two weeks after Gina Grande landed her dream job in San Francisco, authorities ordered residents to stay home in a desperate bid to slow the spread of the coronavirus. Rumors of fistfights breaking out in grocery stores soon followed.

“Overnight, the world took a sharp turn into the Twilight Zone,” Grande said. “I had to get out of there. So, I made a beeline to my boss’ office and said, ‘This is awkward, but can I please telecommute from Southern California?’ ”

As the coronavirus pandemic tightens its grip on California’s largest cities, some residents are fleeing urban sprawl and seeking shelter in isolated communities in the Mojave Desert or rugged Sierra Nevada. Their hope, they say, is to avoid possible public unrest and limit their exposure to the virus
(some people will never learn!) ..
[/b]

MadMax thanks for  posting this...
Well, I am about those who are able to flee the cities... I wish them well...

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW