Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: Find Your Survival Place: Land ads, misc postings  (Read 114531 times)

Yowbarb

Re: Find Your Survival Place: Land ads, misc postings
« Reply #420 on: December 18, 2019, 07:39:12 PM »
Anyone intending to or thinking about buying a property needs to go there and do everything they can to check out the property and that would include
•   past flooding
•   adequate elevation areas for homes, domes etc.
•   limitations of land use
•   nosy people, HOAs etc.
•   fracking nearby
•   karst topography
•   streams or rivers at same elevation as the land...
•   kind of people who will be your neighbors
•   Adequate distance from neighboring houses. Privacy.
•   Cannot view the property all at once (avoid totally flat plots of land)
•   These, just a few of the cautions which i have posted over the years, periodically -
•   RR posted  some good ideas too, Reply #415

*  Seismicity (see USGS and state gov. maps)
*  Faults (ditto)

YES seismicity. We add to that, nuclear energy sites...

Yowbarb

« Reply #422 on: January 08, 2020, 07:33:01 PM »
Bidding has ended on the land auction item, in the previous post..

Yowbarb

« Reply #423 on: March 06, 2020, 03:10:00 PM »
Barb Note: I don't know if I had posted this site before. I hope it helps someone.

https://nationalland.com/land-for-sale-in-the-united-states

Yowbarb

« Reply #424 on: March 08, 2020, 10:17:19 PM »
On this page, you can download their free land-buying guide

https://www.land.com/owning/everything-you-need-to-know-about-microfarming/

When you think of a farm or a ranch, you may picture acres and acres of land with a picturesque red barn, dozens of animals, and a farmer in overalls tending to it all. And while there are many farms across the country just like this, not all of them require a lot of space, heavy equipment or a location far out in the county. Microfarms are common in the agricultural and farming industries, and allow farmers to tend to animals and grow crops on a smaller scale, and usually right in the middle of busy, bustling city centers. A microfarm refers to an agricultural infrastructure that typically works on five acres of land or less. They thrive in urban areas, and their focus is on sustainability and a commitment to being eco-friendly. What sometimes starts as a garden can grow into a microfarm, focusing on specialty crops that don’t need to be produced in large quantities, such as tomatoes and lettuce. Common crops for microfarms include garlic, herbs and microgreens, and it’s common for microfarms to connect with a small, specialized niche in which to market their goods.

MadMax

« Reply #425 on: March 24, 2020, 02:36:59 PM »
Better late than never, probably too late though ..

Hoping to escape coronavirus, city dwellers are fleeing to California's deserts and mountains  :(

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/hoping-to-escape-coronavirus-city-dwellers-are-fleeing-to-californias-deserts-and-mountains/ar-BB11zHSz

LOS ANGELES — Just two weeks after Gina Grande landed her dream job in San Francisco, authorities ordered residents to stay home in a desperate bid to slow the spread of the coronavirus. Rumors of fistfights breaking out in grocery stores soon followed.

“Overnight, the world took a sharp turn into the Twilight Zone,” Grande said. “I had to get out of there. So, I made a beeline to my boss’ office and said, ‘This is awkward, but can I please telecommute from Southern California?’ ”

As the coronavirus pandemic tightens its grip on California’s largest cities, some residents are fleeing urban sprawl and seeking shelter in isolated communities in the Mojave Desert or rugged Sierra Nevada. Their hope, they say, is to avoid possible public unrest and limit their exposure to the virus (some people will never learn!) ..

MadMax

« Reply #426 on: March 24, 2020, 02:44:53 PM »
Wonder if they feel welcome (not having moves sometime ago) and not made themselves part of the community ??

'Go home rats!' Furious locals in rural towns and villages erect signs and scrawl messages on beaches telling second home owners to leave amid coronavirus outbreak - but many remain defiant and continue their move to countryside  :P

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8146283/Angry-locals-St-Ives-Cornwall-scrawl-messages-beach-second-home-owners-remain-defiant.html

Yowbarb

« Reply #427 on: March 24, 2020, 09:54:29 PM »
Better late than never, probably too late though ..

Hoping to escape coronavirus, city dwellers are fleeing to California's deserts and mountains  :(

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/hoping-to-escape-coronavirus-city-dwellers-are-fleeing-to-californias-deserts-and-mountains/ar-BB11zHSz

LOS ANGELES — Just two weeks after Gina Grande landed her dream job in San Francisco, authorities ordered residents to stay home in a desperate bid to slow the spread of the coronavirus. Rumors of fistfights breaking out in grocery stores soon followed.

“Overnight, the world took a sharp turn into the Twilight Zone,” Grande said. “I had to get out of there. So, I made a beeline to my boss’ office and said, ‘This is awkward, but can I please telecommute from Southern California?’ ”

As the coronavirus pandemic tightens its grip on California’s largest cities, some residents are fleeing urban sprawl and seeking shelter in isolated communities in the Mojave Desert or rugged Sierra Nevada. Their hope, they say, is to avoid possible public unrest and limit their exposure to the virus
(some people will never learn!) ..
[/b]

MadMax thanks for  posting this...
Well, I am about those who are able to flee the cities... I wish them well...

Jimfarmer

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #428 on: April 10, 2020, 02:03:00 AM »
Here is another candidate for favorable locations:

Saratoga, Wyoming:   Population  1690,    Elevation  6791 ft.
On the Platte River.  Ranch land.  Mountain time zone.   Off the Deformed Craton.

Nearest Walmart is at Rawlins, which is 42 driving-miles  and 41 driving-minutes away from Saratoga.
Rawlins is on Interstate 80, which runs east-west to Cheyenne, WY.
Rawlins:  Population 8858,  Elevation 6834 ft.

ilinda

« Reply #429 on: April 11, 2020, 07:44:27 PM »
Would being situated over the deformed craton raise the possibility/probability of quakes?

One consideration might be getting water?  Just guessing, but wouldn't water wells have to be quite deep (and quite expensive to drill)?  Otherwise, that area sounds appealing.

Yowbarb

« Reply #430 on: April 12, 2020, 01:10:20 AM »
Would being situated over the deformed craton raise the possibility/probability of quakes?

One consideration might be getting water?  Just guessing, but wouldn't water wells have to be quite deep (and quite expensive to drill)?  Otherwise, that area sounds appealing.

Here is one place to start looking ... Hopefully there is plenty of water there...

https://pubs.er.usgs.gov/publication/wri844040

Ground-water levels and use of water for irrigation in the Saratoga Valley, south-central Wyoming, 1980-81
Water-Resources Investigations Report 84-4040
By: L.W. Lenfest

Jimfarmer

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #431 on: April 12, 2020, 01:19:17 AM »

Yes.  Is happening thusly now, in fact.  That is why I said "Off the Deformed Craton."

Good point to check depth to water table or aquifer, whichever applies at the specific location in question, or both.  Being in a river valley with surrounding ranches, Saratoga town at least should be good on that point.

I am not expert on that topic, but I know that very much of farm and ranch land in the whole of western (and middle?) USA (and Canada and Mexico?) rely on irrigation to water the crops.  The water is most often obtained from surface streams and rivers, using canals and ditches etc.,  but in some cases pumped wells or artesian wells provide sufficient supply.

I remember as a young boy in Colorado seeing water squirting up from artesian wells.

R.R. Book

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #432 on: April 12, 2020, 08:18:07 AM »
I remember as a young boy in Colorado seeing water squirting up from artesian wells.

That would be quite an unforgettable experience!

Yowbarb

« Reply #433 on: May 13, 2020, 01:21:21 AM »
Barb Note: Not sure if this type of land program would work for people to create a survival home for a large number of people, building bunkers and domes, etc. Probably restrictions against that, I don't know... Forest management plan and Present Use Value program. Beautiful country...

https://www.landsofamerica.com/United-States/undeveloped-land/

Lands of America, undeveloped land for sale

https://www.landsofamerica.com/property/300-Rock-Creek-Road-Black-Mountain-North-Carolina-28711/5330746/

$999,000 - 219.3 acres
Available
300 Rock Creek Road , Black Mountain, NC 28711 - Buncombe County

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW