Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System 
Surviving the Planet X Tribulation

Author Topic: Find Your Survival Place: Land ads, misc postings  (Read 95028 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Find Your Survival Place: Land ads, misc postings
« Reply #135 on: December 13, 2013, 05:52:20 PM »
I am zeroing in on Tennessee land, partly because I can get there in ten hours.
There isn't any location closer I would care to get stuck at.
(Driving north from Florida.)
Here is a screen shot of an ad...
I just hope when these ads say minimal restrictions it means that. I was dismayed to read one ad which said two residences per plot. Well what is the point if you can't put your group of people there, so I am looking. I am thinking if the plot is 3 acres or more they won't be icky-picky about that.
Good Luck,
Yowbarb

http://www.survivalrealty.com/

fishes5

« Reply #136 on: January 02, 2014, 07:58:20 PM »
Any one in Alaska have any ideas for getting together with like minded folks to meet up with?

Thanks

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #137 on: January 02, 2014, 08:27:49 PM »
Any one in Alaska have any ideas for getting together with like minded folks to meet up with?

Thanks

fishes5 - welcome to the Planet X Town Hall!  :)
We have Meetings topics set up in most regional Boards.

•   Go to: USA Survival Board area
•   There is an Alaska USA Board.
•   Under Alaska there is a Topic, Alaska Meetings
•   Link: http://planetxtownhall.com/index.php?topic=32.15#lastPost

Good Luck!
- Barb Townsend

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #138 on: January 18, 2014, 07:25:03 AM »

Country Places specializes in rural and recreational land with 100% Owner Financing. We currently have land in Tennessee (10 counties), Kentucky (3 counties), southeast Virginia and Alabama (Madison County near Huntsville). For details about this land or other with owner financing call: (800) 239-LAND or (517) 416-0600, visit www.countryplacesinc.com.

bk

« Reply #139 on: February 22, 2014, 10:31:34 PM »
Barb, Do not know if this belongs here or elsewhere?

10 Considerations for your Bug Out Location
Written by Jonathan Dick
If worse came to worse and the world was in chaos, where would you go?

Many people already have determined where they would go – a bug out location – a spot where they could lay low and live for a while if things got pretty bad. If you haven’t decided where you’d go during an emergency, or you already have an idea, here are a few points to consider.

1. How far away?
How far away is your bug out location going to be from your home? With some disasters it doesn’t need to be very far away. For example, a flood zone might only take up a few miles and you might be able to walk to your bug out location. Other disasters, like an economic disaster or nuclear one, might require you to get a little further away from your home.

2. What kind of shelter?
Once you get to your bug out location, what kind of shelter are you going to live in? Is there a house on the property? Are you going to be staying in a tent? The type of shelter that you have might affect how long you are able to stay in the location. If you have to go to your bug out location in the dead of winter, you might be moving if your only living in a tent.

http://www.thereadystore.com/emergency-supplies/4531/10-considerations-for-your-bug-out-location/?utm_source=rne_friday_20140221a--google--organic&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=friday--promotion--low_price_sale&utm_content=2post_promotion_btn-bug_out_location&trk_msg=4IJ245EKLVH4N94VV4EDCMG838&trk_contact=T8U4UKNVGRVIM2H073MBUB0NG0

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #140 on: February 22, 2014, 11:59:46 PM »
bk, your post is perfect here.
Thanks for the info!

:)

Endtimesgal_2012

« Reply #141 on: February 23, 2014, 09:20:11 AM »
BK, good points, I have thought about this so often and there are not easy answers.

I worry most about three things:  1:  If there is a natural disaster, (earthquakes, etc.) will the roads be passable by vehicle?  2:  If it is an economic collapse, will the President declare martial law, and will the state borders be closed, (which would prevent me getting to my safe place, and will I be able to purchase additional gas?)  3:  Will I have to bug out on foot in the dead of winter?  (Lots of snow and freezing temperatures.)

I do not think staying in the cities will be an option, how long would a person have running water, electricity, and even if we do, how long before we are overtaken by rouge gangs who want to take what supplies we have, and possibly harm us in some way?) I personally think only those who stay under the radar in unpopulated places or in very small country communities where all the neighbors have banded together to survive will have the best chance of survival.

Many people I have talked with blow this off, saying "I will deal with it if it happens."  Which really means they think the odds are in their favor that nothing terrible will happen in their lifetime and they do not want to plan ahead. 

This kind of thinking will be greatly regretted later on.

This is why advance planning is so important, a Plan A, a Plan B, and possibly even a Plan C.  I must admit I do not have this in place myself, due to my advance age, being a single person, and living with family who are not believers and fit the above category of people.  I have supplies at my safe place, but it is now several hours away, most likely not going to help me unless I can get enough warning to leave ahead of time. 

Which brings up a good point.  It is imperative that we do not become complacent, and we must remain vigilant in watching the increasing signs that things are heating up.  This means keeping abreast of the developing economic picture as well as the many earth changes that are occurring.  Anyone who pays attention to these things can clearly see that things are so much worse than last year, or 2012, SOMETHING is developing for sure.

And then one must trust their instincts when their inner promptings say:  "it is time to bug out now!"  Better to have bugged out and then later return home than to wait until it is too late to leave at all.

The increase of meteorites alone is very telling.  Don't be taken in by the statements by "Officials" that this is a normal activity.

enlightenme

• Members
  • Prolific Member
  • I won't give up, not even after the last sunset!
« Reply #142 on: March 11, 2014, 08:52:04 PM »
Excellent post endtimesgal!  We all need to remain vigilant, and I just have to keep with my A and B plan, with the B plan being a much more fluid one, if you know what I mean...It has the many different components to it for several different "what if" situations.

enlightenme

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #143 on: March 15, 2014, 12:28:48 AM »
I happened to come across this website tonight.  I thought it was definitely interesting.  Hope you all get to check it out!!!  SurvivalRealty.com.   Please excuse if it had been posted before, without my knowing it!  ;D  Enjoy!

I thought these two ads on there might be of interest to some of you... ;)

Walden Ridge Retreat - Dunlap, Tennessee

5 acres of pasture with spectacular views of Walden’s Ridge bordering the famous “Canoe the Sequatchie River” with 350’ of direct river frontage. Ease of access down to the water including your own gravel beach area. The property is 3 tiers leading down to the river so you can build high and dry on flat land with views to the river and 2nd tier is great for garden spot. Barbed wire fenced with metal gate at front so you can have livestock with water access. Soak in the tranquility that surrounds you but minutes away is nearby shopping & dining.

Priced to sell at $69,900 and owners may consider a short term 2 year owner finance with down payment and terms to qualified buyers. There is a $36,000 assumable mortgage with Farm Credit Services for qualified buyers.

For more information call: 423-504-6007 or email monti813@comcast.net

OR this one:  ;)  :)

Cherokee National Forest Acreage - Tellico Plains, Tennessee

4.9 peaceful acres bordering the Cherokee National Forest on one side and a large catfish pond on the other side ensures complete privacy yet only 8 miles from town for ease of shopping in a small community of approximately 800 people. The property is barbed wire fenced with a metal entry gate and gravel drive that leads to a 36’ metal RV carport with (2) 30 amp RV outlets at pole and a small storage shed at the rear of carport for equipment storage. The carport is nestled in behind a huge hedge of Mtn. Laurel shrubs and can’t been seen from the street.

There 2 creeks on the property with one flowing year round and is spring fed. 2/3 rds of the land is pasture which allows for large garden spots and the remaining is wooded with many wonderful building sites to consider. Septic field area and well areas have been approved and no other restrictions apply. Hike into the National Forest at the end of drive and enjoy miles of hiking & riding trails.

Priced to sell with improvements at $69,900 and owners may consider a short term 2 year owner finance with down payment and terms to qualified buyers.

For more information call: 423-504-6007 or email monti813@comcast.net

Read More: Cherokee National Forest Acreage - Tellico Plains, Tennessee
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 12:34:17 AM by enlightenme »

enlightenme

• Members
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #144 on: March 15, 2014, 03:36:21 AM »
Just one more for now, these cabins look fantastic!  I know the Amish do similar things here.  Hubby and I looked at the sheds they make at one of the local Farm Shows.  Couldn't beat the quality and price anywhere!  I'm sure those cabins would be too.  Unfortunately it looks like this ad is for an Amish community not in PA.  ::)  But, I know they still will do all sorts of barns and such around here, so I'm sure I could truly get one if I had the cash!!  ;D

**Sorry, you will need to click the link to see the pics.***

SurvivalRealty.com

A directory of listing agents, agencies, and property owners specializing in survival retreats.

Custom-Built Cabin For Your New Retreat - Crazy Woman Realty

AMISH CABINS ~ PERFECT PREPPER, HOMESTEADER, SELF-SUFFICIENT HOMES AND CABINS, FOB HULETT, WY

THESE CABIN ARE IDEAL FOR YOUR HOMESTEAD! Preppers, Homesteaders, Self-reliant, Self-sufficient and Survivalist will find these cabins ideal as they are just the bones, no electrical or plumbing is standard. They will built to your custom size and you ship to your location and restand and finish to your desires and needs. Our local Amish have contracted with Crazy Woman Realty to sell their cabins! Amish cabins are hand crafted by Mr. Yoder on his property at the Hulett Settlement. Call Will 307-231-2050.

The second series pictured cabin is 16×24 with 6 foot covered deck and sunray accents. Wall construction is 8 inch, two sided round log, hand peeled, with pine plank flooring (loft only) and ceilings with R-19 in ceiling and 2 inch styrofoam insulation in floor. Log hand made stairs to loft. Windows are thermopane and door is hand built with primative hardware. Furniture not included. True Amish Cabin - no electrical or plumbing! Amish cabins will need to be relocated at your expense. Chinking is negotiable. Amish Cabins can be sized to move with/on your trailer or custom made to your size specifications.

These are other cabins and homes in various phases of completion or details.

Missy McAmis
Crazy Woman Realty
 (307) 467-4222
miss@crazywomanrealty.com

CRAZY WOMAN REALTY LICENSED WY SD MT
 INFORMATION DEEMED RELIABLE BUT NOT GUARANTEED. ALL IMAGES & CONTENT COPYRIGHT 1967-2014 CRAZY WOMAN REALTY ~ MISSY MCAMIS ALL RIGHTS RESERVED PLEASE CONTACT CRAZY WOMAN WITH PROBLEMS OR QUESTIONS.

(307) 467-4222 or email miss@crazywomanrealty.com

http://www.survivalrealty.com/2014/03/crazy-woman-cabins.html

ilinda

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #145 on: March 15, 2014, 04:16:38 AM »
Yes, good points BK, and also Entimesgal.  Much to think about.  Where to begin?

I know it might be a hassle, but if you ponder a particular location, and seem really drawn to it, is it feasible to do a practice run?  I know it seems like a lot of work to drive many miles from home, but imagine your surprise if you buy a place, sight unseen, and when it seems time to bug out, you arrive only to find something very different from what you expected. 

I certainly don't have any answers, but think the trial run to the area might be a good idea, while conditions are good.  If the area you select is nearby, you're really lucky!

ilinda

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #146 on: March 15, 2014, 08:56:25 AM »
In my previous post, I erred, I think.   In re-reading posts, nobody said anything about buying a place sight unseen!  Wonder where my mind was when writing that! 

Anyway, I agree with that idea of Plan A, B and C.  Also, it seems a number of us have the problem of either being alone, or being with a partner who does not share interest or  concern some of these issues.  In addition to checking out dams, it probably would be good to see if fracking is being done.  Strangely, I never heard of fracking until a few years ago, and now it seems everywhere I go I read about another fracking disaster.  Pennsylvania, Texas, Arkansas, and who knows where else???

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #147 on: March 15, 2014, 09:07:51 AM »
In my previous post, I erred, I think.   In re-reading posts, nobody said anything about buying a place sight unseen!  Wonder where my mind was when writing that! 

Anyway, I agree with that idea of Plan A, B and C.  Also, it seems a number of us have the problem of either being alone, or being with a partner who does not share interest or  concern some of these issues.  In addition to checking out dams, it probably would be good to see if fracking is being done.  Strangely, I never heard of fracking until a few years ago, and now it seems everywhere I go I read about another fracking disaster.  Pennsylvania, Texas, Arkansas, and who knows where else???
ilinda, you are bringing up some good points. Dams are definitely something to find out about. Sometimes I look at the area in google earth... sometimes goggle searching about dams in an area.
The fracking is a concern too...

ilinda

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #148 on: March 15, 2014, 03:59:27 PM »
After looking about three times, I cannot seem to find the post I wanted to reply to.  It was within the last week or so and someone was talking about how it's time to start garden seeds and it would be good to discuss it like in years past.

Well, I'm new here but am also interested in talking about starting and growing nuts, fruits, and veggies.  In fact this year I learned something totally by accident.  For years I have tried to germinate almonds, with no success.  And nowadays it is hard to buy raw organic almonds due to the new USDA regulation that prevents almonds being sold raw, EXCEPT if sold by the actual growers.  Otherwise, you can be sure that even if labeled "Raw", they are most likely sterilized with ionizing radiation. 

We did find a source of raw organic almonds and bought several pounds, whiich we eat very slowly, so they last quite a while.  Well, last fall, perhaps November or so, I was wanting to snack on some almonds, but my teeth (have upper and lower partials) don't chew almonds well, so I decided to soak them overnight.  For some unknown reason I decided to soak them in raw organic whey, instead of water.  The next morning after soaking overnight, the almonds had swelled up more than I anticipated, and it was then that I made the decision to plant some of them, so searched on internet how to germinate almond seeds.  Basically soak overnight, plant in pots in nice potting soil, and "stratify" them in fridge over the winter or at least a month or two, then place on top of fridge or on counter at room temperature.  They should sprout soon.  I did everything as described, except I did soak them in the whey instead of water.

Well, in the last week I noticed tiny green leaflets in one "cell" and just this morning noted a second is trying to push up.  This is truly an exciting time because a couple of years ago I bought 4 almond trees, two of which promptly died.  A neighbor planted two and one died shortly thereafter.  I get the feeling the nursery trees might not all be hardy.  At any rate, if these continue, at least here's another shot at growing almonds. 

In the pic, the larger of the two germinating almonds is on the right, and the second one is so tiny it needs to be pointed out as in the cell to the upper left of the obvious green leaflets.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #149 on: March 15, 2014, 04:56:36 PM »
After looking about three times, I cannot seem to find the post I wanted to reply to.  It was within the last week or so and someone was talking about how it's time to start garden seeds and it would be good to discuss it like in years past.

Well, I'm new here but am also interested in talking about starting and growing nuts, fruits, and veggies. 

Hi ilinda here are a couple places to start. I had started this Topic in 2010 and there is another good Topic which Enlightenme posted to, not long ago. Will add the links just above the Topic titles. - Yowbarb

Link: http://planetxtownhall.com/index.php?topic=349.90

SEEDS « on: April 06, 2010, started by Yowbarb

SURVIVING the CHANGES  / Re: SEEDS
« by Yowbarb on January 16, 2014, 10:17:10 PM »

......  January 16, 2014, 09:07:32 PM  You need Heirloom seeds and save seeds after your first year crops they  ......
Link:  http://planetxtownhall.com/index.php?topic=2841.msg78822#msg78822

1 SURVIVING the CHANGES  / Re: Seeds to bring
« by enlightenme on March 12, 2014, 07:13:20 PM »

......  I was trying to decide what type of seeds I would pick up to throw in with my gotta have  ............  onions (though those are really hard to grow from seeds instead of sets), beets and carrots (root vegies  ............ , I think probably the best way to go looking for seeds that aren't GMO Monsanto and all that, is when  ............  get some of these growing, then you can save the seeds yourself and stockpile them. I've got a pile of  ......

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Radio Free Earth: Community Preparedness and Two Way Radios

BUY NOW

In a post-global disaster world, predators and tyrants will have the best two-way radios, and they'll use them to surveil you at a comfortable distance.

What will you have? Signal flares and red bandannas?

If so, when you least expect it, the predators and tyrants will come to take a spoil and they will torture, rape, and kill without mercy.

This is why Radio Free Earth authors Marshall Masters and Duane W. Brayton have an urgent message for everyone with a serious interest in preparedness. That being, analog RF (radio frequency) is the heartbeat of freedom. Accept no substitutes.

Watch our free videos to learn how to stay safe and free with an affordable strategy for two way communication, both near and far.

Welcome to Radio
Free Earth

Why Radio
Free Earth

Post-Disaster
Communications

Citizens Band Radios
for Survival

BUY NOW