Being In It for the Species The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System 
Surviving the Planet X Tribulation

Author Topic: Find Your Survival Place: Land ads, misc postings  (Read 94572 times)

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
Re: Find Your Survival Place: Land ads, misc postings
« Reply #195 on: January 22, 2016, 01:25:36 PM »
Yowbarb Note: Again, rodfergie posted this site, years ago. There seem to be some good deals.
The site may not be so well set up or maintained - I mean when you search a certain area something else pops up but it seems worthwhile. I plan to check it often. Images below are from right now.
PLS Note on bottom of the page are more live links, resources you can check out in finding land...

[ http://fasrp.sc.egov.usda.gov/fasrp/mainAction.do  ]

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #196 on: January 24, 2016, 11:53:24 PM »
Yowbarb Note: I just happened to see this site. Not plugging any particular site. This looks interesting. Didn't say inexpensive. Interesting.

http://www.strategicrelocation.com/

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival

ilinda

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #198 on: February 23, 2016, 03:49:28 PM »
http://www.cheaplandinamerica.com/premier/sales14/index.php?a=5&b=295
Probably the main thing to look for initially is how close to fracking any of these OK acreages are, as, IIRC, OK is the fracking capitol of the world, or at least the U.S.A.

Jimfarmer

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #199 on: February 24, 2016, 05:38:05 PM »
Hanna, OKLA, near the land tracts, is 91 miles to the west of the Sequoyah National Wildlife Refuge.

Tornadoes and earthquakes aplenty in Oklahoma.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #200 on: February 24, 2016, 09:28:40 PM »
Hanna, OKLA, near the land tracts, is 91 miles to the west of the Sequoyah National Wildlife Refuge.

Tornadoes and earthquakes aplenty in Oklahoma.

Yes, that is true.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #201 on: March 25, 2016, 01:26:31 AM »
Just another place to look...

https://www.landhub.com/?gclid=CMS86ri028sCFRFZhgodGRcGeQ   Land Hub

redhairedgirl

« Reply #202 on: April 04, 2016, 01:42:03 AM »
I don't know if this will help anyone, but I have found what I believe to be a good spot in Northern New Mexico. The area is a very small Hispanic village high in the mountains north of Santa Fe. There is one road in and the same road out. the village is all farming community, with flat land for the area, surrounded completely by National Forest Land. The village is about 800 people, UNINCORPORATED!!! , meaning you can do just about anything within reason on your property. There is a small creek that runs along the base of the village, which abuts natural hills. The land is fertile, the people simple and friendly. There is one small church, no grocery store, a school, library and clinic.

This area is also isolated from the mainstream, if you will. Santa Fe is about an hour away - the town of Espanola is closer, but still quite a distance. We are truly in a small farming village on top of a mountain surrounded by the Carson National Forest. The water is clean, the air pure and the people are good.

How does this sound to our community here and do you think I'm missing something important?
Thanks to all for help - My husband and I are actively looking to find our "place", get settled and start farming, working in the community and work towards the new future.

Redhairedgirl

Jimfarmer

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #203 on: April 04, 2016, 02:06:13 AM »
but I have found what I believe to be a good spot in Northern New Mexico.

Sounds good.
Check the weather - average monthly temperatures, rainfall, and snowfall.
What is the elevation a.s.l.?

Check current drought map.
Wildfire history?
Check seismicity (should be low there)

redhairedgirl

« Reply #204 on: April 04, 2016, 06:39:27 PM »
thanks Jimfarmer:
Your comments are encouraging. I'll do some research in the areas you suggested.
Hope I can help you sometime soon.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #205 on: April 04, 2016, 09:55:14 PM »
thanks Jimfarmer:
Your comments are encouraging. I'll do some research in the areas you suggested.
Hope I can help you sometime soon.

Yes that is a very good point  how about wildfires...

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #207 on: April 05, 2016, 04:32:09 AM »
Fracking statewide ban in North Carolina, as of the date of this map, 2014.

http://www.bourbonbraintrust.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/fracking-map.png

I don't see karst in NC on the map I usually check:

http://water.usgs.gov/ogw/karst/kig2002/jbe_map_files/fig1.gif

I am drawn to the western part of NC, near TN border, not far from the Great Smoky Mountain Park...
Pretty extreme and impassable in the winter months. A person would have to be well stocked and prepared and sheltered. I wonder how much some undeveloped land would be up in that area...
Wouldn't want to be in the valley areas between big rivers...would need some elevation...

ilinda

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #208 on: April 05, 2016, 05:25:34 PM »
I don't know if this will help anyone, but I have found what I believe to be a good spot in Northern New Mexico. The area is a very small Hispanic village high in the mountains north of Santa Fe. There is one road in and the same road out. the village is all farming community, with flat land for the area, surrounded completely by National Forest Land. The village is about 800 people, UNINCORPORATED!!! , meaning you can do just about anything within reason on your property. There is a small creek that runs along the base of the village, which abuts natural hills. The land is fertile, the people simple and friendly. There is one small church, no grocery store, a school, library and clinic.

This area is also isolated from the mainstream, if you will. Santa Fe is about an hour away - the town of Espanola is closer, but still quite a distance. We are truly in a small farming village on top of a mountain surrounded by the Carson National Forest. The water is clean, the air pure and the people are good.

How does this sound to our community here and do you think I'm missing something important?
Thanks to all for help - My husband and I are actively looking to find our "place", get settled and start farming, working in the community and work towards the new future.

Redhairedgirl
It does sound almost too good to be true.  But still it sounds so good, it might be worth visiting and seeing if "something is for rent" during which time you can assess how you guys fit in.  It sounds GREAT!

Also, check USGS maps for whatever mining is currently being done.  Check state natural resource department maps for information on underlying aquifer, and water quality.  Might have to check a different state department for water quality/water testing.  And most importantly, ask the locals about how their water seems to them, i.e., has it remained in good condition for since they can remember?

If mining was done in the past, but not now, at least any heavy metals might be "settled" a bit and not being blown around or emitted.  If mining was done, it won't hurt to find out where the "tailings dams" are, as these are dammed up slurries of all the mine wastes that are too toxic and/or too slushy, etc., to be legally released into the waters of the state, so they are sort of in a "holding", i.e., the tailings pond behind the dam.  Would not be wise to live downstream from one of these dams.  There are quite a few in our area of MO Ozarks, and at one town hall meeting I attended a representative of our state regulatory agency told everyone that if that dam ruptures, then the town of Park Hills, MO will be completely inundated within two (2) minutes.  Not any time for a warning.

Good luck!  And keep us posted.

Yowbarb

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
  • Reaching For Survival
« Reply #209 on: February 26, 2017, 11:22:27 AM »
Yowbarb Note: I cannot vouch for this site. Looks sorta good to me.
Note: Some dirt cheap land will soon have a fracking site right next to it - so do your research.
Cheap land ads. I have posted items from this site previously:

http://www.cheaplandinamerica.com/

http://cheaplandinamerica.com/index.php

https://insideclimatenews.org/news/20150120/map-fracking-boom-state-state

Map: The Fracking Boom, State by State  updated April, 2016

Surviving the Planet X Tribulation: A Faith-Based Leadership Guide

Radio Free Earth: Community Preparedness and Two Way Radios

BUY NOW

In a post-global disaster world, predators and tyrants will have the best two-way radios, and they'll use them to surveil you at a comfortable distance.

What will you have? Signal flares and red bandannas?

If so, when you least expect it, the predators and tyrants will come to take a spoil and they will torture, rape, and kill without mercy.

This is why Radio Free Earth authors Marshall Masters and Duane W. Brayton have an urgent message for everyone with a serious interest in preparedness. That being, analog RF (radio frequency) is the heartbeat of freedom. Accept no substitutes.

Watch our free videos to learn how to stay safe and free with an affordable strategy for two way communication, both near and far.

Welcome to Radio
Free Earth

Why Radio
Free Earth

Post-Disaster
Communications

Citizens Band Radios
for Survival

BUY NOW