Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: Some people just don't get it.  (Read 4367 times)

Icon

Some people just don't get it.
« on: October 09, 2010, 02:12:51 PM »
I talk with people, watch U-tube videos on food storage for SHTF, and items needed to make survival work,,, and sometimes I just have to shake my head and wonder,,,,
It's not that they don't think something will happen, they do, but there's where the problem comes in.
A lot of the total breakdown, SHTF, world ending disasters videos I watch, show the posters showing off their food storage (and telling us how to prepare) which may last 30 days max. And most of that is canned food, no beans, rice or long term storage items.
And water,, their water supply will last about 2 weeks.
I have yet to see a video which says you need several years worth of food, water, and a way to cook it.
And for after the food runs out, seeds for veggies, ways for saving the crops, either canning, drying or other storage means.
If someone has a link to a video that goes into this, please link it here,, I would be interested in seeing someone who knows more than most.

CancriGuardian

Re: Some people just don't get it.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 04:05:23 PM »
Most such people are off the grid and definitely do not publicize what they have or what they are doing else they become a target and they definitely don't look to public or mainstream media for directions or answers. 

I do know the LDS (Mormons) have increased their emergency storage recommendations from 3 months to 1 year, which was several years ago.
The trouble with life is there's no background music . .

noproblemo2

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 04:28:43 PM »
Here is a link to their recommeded food storage.Also has many good links
http://lds.about.com/od/preparednessfoodstorage/Food_Storage_and_Emergency_Preparedness.htm
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 08:32:37 AM by BajaSusan »

Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 09:26:10 PM »
I have about 3 years stocked up, but my well kinda bites, so gonna have to do something about that. I found a 5000 gallon tank I can bury, but don't want to bury, or start using it till I need to, cause empty or semi empty tanks tend to rise to the surface.
I'm thinking about more compact foods like Datrix survival food bars or food tabs, as they last for years take up very little space.
I have about 6 months worth now, but want to buy more, and then substitute them for one meal, which will stretch my storage out to 4 years.
For what we may face, I think 5 yeas should be minimum, and then have a way to grow a garden afterwards.
It all goes back to the old saying,,,
If I'm wrong, I can eat my mistake. If your wrong, what will you eat?

noproblemo2

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 10:48:41 PM »
Icon, how safe will the well be in aftertimes ? Can the radiation affect it if you wait?

Icon

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2010, 11:52:27 PM »
Solar radiation will not hurt water, except to knock out power grids and stop water pumps from delivering water to the cities and towns. Depending on how much gets thru to the Earth, it's affect on people will be a lot worse.
Even nuclear radiation will not affect water, but the particles of dirt and dust that are contaminated will make water undrinkable.
Thankfully the particles can be filtered out....

8hertz

• Lifetime
  • Prolific Member
  • pax
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 08:25:30 AM »
It all goes back to the old saying,,,
If I'm wrong, I can eat my mistake. If your wrong, what will you eat?

That funny, rotation of various variety would be good.

8hertz

1969quartz0

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2010, 07:37:32 AM »
Icon at least 5 years of food for everyone staying with you with six months to a years of just add water easy meals when the SHTF your are not going to be able to cook for fear of unwanted guests plus when you are stressed out you need eat not think about fixing a meal for water at leats one year of freash water for everyone plus many filters a deep well is great but everyone if their water table is shallow enough dig a shallow well and have a hand pump it may save your life.

Yowbarb

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, 03:16:31 PM »
ICON I moved your topic over here to Susan's Board. Let's expand on this discussion.
Very true we all need to store more. Probably than most people already have...

I would say at least one of these, reinforced on all sides and across the center in a T shape.
Filled. Buried. Concrete layer put underneath and on top, nice and dry, before burying.

All The Best,
Yowbarb

noproblemo2

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2010, 01:23:09 PM »
I dehydrate mushrooms, chilis, stews, spaghetti, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, darn near anything. Stores nicely in zip locks and use an oxygen packet.

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW