Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: Favorable locations  (Read 77458 times)

Jimfarmer

Re: Favorable locations
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2010, 02:29:21 PM »
"The users in this forum stated you knew of safe place to locate geographically."
Well, yes and no.  No place will be free of severe earthquakes, at least, I understand.

The best places that I have identified so far, at least  for my preferences (which exclude Africa and Mongolia, for socio-politico reasons),  are:  Tasmania, Australia, around Mount Roland, SE Montana and adjoining counties in North Dakota and South Dakota, specifically in or adjoining Custer National Forest, and Porcupine Flats or thereabouts, which in the eastern foothills of the Rocky Mountains in Alberta, Canada.

Here is the summary of an analysis that I wrote in December of 2008.  I would do it somewhat differently now, but the results are still valid, I think.

[start quote]
...to establish ...survival shelters.  Criteria for camp locations include: 1) high inland plateau, 2) on a low hillside at least 6 feet above floodable plain but below the summit, 3) near a source of unpollutable water, 4) remote rural area, 5) not visible from any mapped road, 6) does not experience extreme weather, and 7) not within 200 miles of any known major geologic fault or caldera.

Three locations have been identified, one each in South Dakota USA, Alberta Canada, and Tasmania Australia.  The latter two are not strictly on large plateaus, however, so perhaps more suitable specific spots could be identified upon closer inspection of the terrain in those areas.

Candidate locations

Custer National Forest in north-west South Dakota is the best location in the USA that I have found so far.   The surrounding region includes parts of North Dakota and Montana also.  That area should be high enough to avoid the incursion of ocean water that is expected to flood the Mississippi and Midwest regions.

Alberta, Canada, should be less susceptible to earth perturbations and might therefore be safer.  Winters in Canada are very cold now, but the weather there will become warmer if the poles shift as predicted by ZetaTalk.  (Saskatoon is generally too low and flat, but some good spots might be found near the Cypress Hills in the southwest section.)  The specific location in Alberta is called Porcupine Flats.

Tasmania’s climate is classified as temperate maritime now, and “Tasmania can expect to be some 1,000 feet higher than present, though the polar melt will return that gain by almost 700 feet. The climate will change to be more tropical, lined up closer to the new equator, so vegetative growth on the island will eventually be more lush after some decades.”  The specific location there is called Mount Roland.

Summary of the analysis

Three factors were considered for each location, and the locations were ranked for each factor.  Those factors, in order of importance, are:  Tectonic, Isolation, and Temperature.  Unfortunately, the confidence of the ranking varies inversely to the importance; that is, the ranking for the most important factor is the least confident, and the ranking for the least important factor has the most confidence.  These are the results:
     Factor      Importance         Confidence             Ranking
   Tectonic           Highest                   Low                  (1) Tasmania   (2) Alberta   (3) South Dakota
   Isolation           Medium                   Moderate       (1) South Dakota   (2) Alberta   (3) Tasmania
   Temperature   Least                   High               (1) Tasmania   (2) South Dakota   (3) Alberta

To combine the rankings, the sum of three ranks for each location, is:
   (1) 5 for Tasmania,  (2) 6 for South Dakota, and  (3) 7 for Alberta.

To take importance into account, relative weights are assigned to factors as follows:
   0.5 for Tectonic, 0.3 for Isolation, and 0.2 for Temperature.
Then, each rank number is divided by the importance weight of the corresponding factor.  The results are:
   (1) 17 for Tasmania,  (2) 19 for South Dakota, and  (3) 26 for Alberta.

Conclusions:
The order of preference is  (1) Tasmania,  (2) South Dakota,  and (3) Alberta.
That ordering is close and of only moderate confidence.
[end quote]

The spacing in the table might be messed up in this copy.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 02:32:12 PM by Jimfarmer »

Montanabarb

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2010, 04:03:42 PM »
Jim, I assume that by concluding that southeast Montana is a safe area (as opposed the the rest of the State), you feel that the Yellowstone Caldera will not be a factor any time in the near future (next several hundred years.)  According to the recent National Geographic article, and accompanying map, during the last three eruptions by Yellowstone an area east of a line drawn from the Caldera northeast about five or six hundred miles to the vicinity of Sheridan County, Montana, and southern Saskatchewan, then southeast to Kansas, Nebraska and the Gulf of Mexico, was covered by many feet of volcanic ash.  In all three cases (eruptions) the area west/northwest of that line received little to no fallout due to prevailing winds.  There is a good deal of conjecture on whether or not Yellowstone is preparing for an eruption any time soon. But nearly everyone who knows anything about the Yellowstone Caldera feels that if it blows, we're toast anyway (here in Montana), simply from the impact of the explosion.

BTW, the Zetas seem to think that we Montanans who live near the Rocky Mountain Front should move farther inland at least temporarily, during the pole flip (because of the tectonic plates.)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 04:08:52 PM by Montanabarb »

Jimfarmer

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2010, 02:53:42 AM »
Hi Montanabarb.  ;You said  "Jim, I assume that by concluding that southeast Montana is a safe area (as opposed the the rest of the State), you feel that the Yellowstone Caldera will not be a factor any time in the near future (next several hundred years.) "

This from https://www.zetatalk.com/index/zeta52.htm :

"We have indicated in the past that Yellowstone would not be exempt from erupting during the pole shift, and this still stands. But the eruption will not be what many fear. It has evidence of being a super volcano at a time when the world was in complete global turmoil, not due to a pole shifts but due to impacts and being careened out of its orbit and closer to the Sun. The injury to the crust so deep it almost reached the core. So clearly that was an exceptional situation, not this situation. What should be born in mind is that this is a subduction area, with layers of the North American Plate pushing all the way to the Continental Divide. Even though Yellowstone lies in an area which is a hot spot, there’s enough crust flakes overlapping that it is not just a direct siphon of lava to go kaboom in an explosion. But it will cause ash for some 100 miles in all direction, bad enough that life may be snuffed in those areas. So we would recommend anyone wanting to survive the shift itself, not to be close to Yellowstone but to allow a 100 miles buffer, more miles would be better."

Ga_boy

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2010, 06:48:38 AM »
My biggest issue would be...asteroids..comets and meteors from space. There is no telling how long we would be in a shooting gallery even after it has passed due to gravitational forces of our own and other bodies. Asteroids dont have to impact the earth to cause devastation, look what happened to norther Russia in the early 1900's , that one exploded in the air destroyed everything "The Tunguska event" destroyed trees and everything in a 830 sq mi area. The funny thing with history is it always repeats it self.

Bill

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2010, 07:27:26 AM »
If Marduk returns to the original battle site.  The hammered bracelet, or asteroid belt. Certainly it will dislodge thousands of asteroids, these objects will be a danger for a very long time. A shelter that can withstand the pressure of an air burst nuke is highly recommended.

noproblemo2

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2010, 07:36:09 AM »
This is from Amy Evans and relates to the astroid scenario.

"That Unacknowledged Asteroid
Imagine if you had spotted an asteroid or comet hurtling toward Earth. Or that you became aware of such via the Interweb. It would be very useful to calculate how the collision will affect you, where you are.

In case that unlikely scenario arises, here’s some software that promises to calculate the harm you face.
http://www.purdue.edu/impactearth/
Lest you be unsatisfied with a simulation of a massive rock barreling down on us, the Web site also provides data on the aftermath, including the size of the crater, the extent of the fireball, and even the height of the tsunami wave, should the object crash into the ocean."

noproblemo2

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2010, 10:29:04 AM »

This is from Amy Evans AND ALEX and relates to the astroid scenario.

"That Unacknowledged Asteroid
Imagine if you had spotted an asteroid or comet hurtling toward Earth. Or that you became aware of such via the Interweb. It would be very useful to calculate how the collision will affect you, where you are.

In case that unlikely scenario arises, here’s some software that promises to calculate the harm you face.
http://www.purdue.edu/impactearth/
Lest you be unsatisfied with a simulation of a massive rock barreling down on us, the Web site also provides data on the aftermath, including the size of the crater, the extent of the fireball, and even the height of the tsunami wave, should the object crash into the ocean."
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 10:13:36 AM by VillageIdiot »

Montanabarb

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2010, 11:01:46 AM »
Hi Montanabarb.  ;You said  "Jim, I assume that by concluding that southeast Montana is a safe area (as opposed the the rest of the State), you feel that the Yellowstone Caldera will not be a factor any time in the near future (next several hundred years.) "

This from https://www.zetatalk.com/index/zeta52.htm :

"We have indicated in the past that Yellowstone would not be exempt from erupting during the pole shift, and this still stands. But the eruption will not be what many fear. It has evidence of being a super volcano at a time when the world was in complete global turmoil, not due to a pole shifts but due to impacts and being careened out of its orbit and closer to the Sun. The injury to the crust so deep it almost reached the core. So clearly that was an exceptional situation, not this situation. What should be born in mind is that this is a subduction area, with layers of the North American Plate pushing all the way to the Continental Divide. Even though Yellowstone lies in an area which is a hot spot, there’s enough crust flakes overlapping that it is not just a direct siphon of lava to go kaboom in an explosion. But it will cause ash for some 100 miles in all direction, bad enough that life may be snuffed in those areas. So we would recommend anyone wanting to survive the shift itself, not to be close to Yellowstone but to allow a 100 miles buffer, more miles would be better."

Thanks for that, Jim.  Good information. We are about 120 miles north of the the northern edge of the Caldera, just beyond the line shown in the National Geographic.  This info makes complete sense, and somewhat eases my mind, although we live in a geothermal zone (several businesses have geothermal heat.) The area suffered a major earthquake in 1935 but we have no intention of relocating.

1969quartz0

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2010, 02:19:19 PM »
Jim what do you think about Billings Montana? My little brother lives there, he just moved into his house a week ago it is on a mountain he had to drill 390' to get water it is not really SE Montana.

Jimfarmer

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2010, 03:24:29 PM »
Hi Nathan,  you said "Jim what do you think about Billings Montana?"

Tectonic factor:  good, but a bit too close to Yellowstone, perhaps.  See "Seismicity of Montana 1990-2006 at http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/states/montana/seismicity.php.

Isolation factor:  not good in or near to the city, but perhaps OK with a hideout in the hills.  But, stay away from the main mountain range (see the seismicity map).

Temperature:  well, OK after the pole shift; what about warmth in winter?

Anyway, Billings MT should certainly be much better than most other cities, so I would not decline an offer to go there myself.

Yowbarb

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2011, 06:35:21 AM »
I figure many of you know all about this. Sort of new to me.
Potentially dangerous Karst area - looks like the western half of Ohio.

- Yowbarb
https://planetxtownhall.com/index.php?topic=21.15
Re: Midwestern US Meetings
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2011, 02:10:20 PM

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Portals/10/pdf/karstmap.pdf   pdf image of Karst in Ohio

augonit

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2011, 07:06:42 AM »
Yeah, I grew up in Ohio and never heard about that karst stuff.

Yowbarb

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2011, 07:42:12 PM »
Yeah, I grew up in Ohio and never heard about that karst stuff.

I had heard about it...geology in high school then one earth science class when I went back to college again...
I never thought about it in terms of a survival location...
Posted it because a person would have to be aware about karst topography and the fact something could cave in...There is a lot of it in Missouri too...
Will try to post something more complete.

Jimfarmer

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2011, 04:21:46 PM »
From the Zetas at https://www.zetatalk.com/ning/09ap2011.htm :
Here is another view of the position of the poles and the equator after the pole shift, except that "The exact position of the continents is not in complete accordance with their post poleshift alignment, however, but to detail these changes would be getting into the 8 of 10 scenarios prior to the time when we are ready to discuss these scenarios."  [my emphasis]

ihttps://www.zetatalk.com/newsletr/image018.jpg

This was in response to the question "Could you please ask the Zetas about the new map of the poles with the equator on about 10 degrees west and the new pole on 29 degrees west this would create a needed widening of the Atlantic by 70 degrees".  That almost agrees with my calculations, which produced a widening of 73 degrees on the old equator.  (My figure should be more accurate because I took more data into account in order to calculate the position of the intersection of the new and old equators in the Pacific.)

bk

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2011, 11:57:15 PM »
Jim, When you have a moment look at these address in google earth for me.

White Crest Way, Pickens, SC

Cherokee Hills Dr, pickens, SC

3156 Table Rock Rd, Pickens, SC 29671

If I am reading that correctly the elevation is over 1000 feet which is a lot higher than Myrtle Beach.

What kind of temps or how close to poles or equator would this area be?

From the looks of the maps I have seen this could be the new Beach front.

Thanks, Bob

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW