Win-Win Survival Communities The Kolbrin Bible Complete Danjeon Breathing System Radio Free Earth

Author Topic: Favorable locations  (Read 74764 times)

Yowbarb

Re: Favorable locations
« Reply #150 on: August 20, 2014, 02:49:05 PM »
Jimfarmer thanks for your latest post here.
Update: Jim, we have the move and merge functions back again, for Topics - for several months now.
So, awhile ago I was able to merge Safe Locations and Favorable Locations Topics.
All The Best,
Yowbarb

Jimfarmer

« Reply #151 on: May 12, 2016, 10:09:19 AM »
USA residents: consider moving to Page, Arizona, population 7440 and elevation 4117 feet.  It is near to but above Lake Powell on the Colorado River, upstream of the Grand Canyon.  Lake Powell is currently 107 feet below Full Pool (elevation 3700 ft), so the water level at full pool would still be 417 feet below the elevation of Page. By content, Lake Powell is currently 46% of Full Pool.  The climate is very arid now but will become sub-tropical after the pole shift. The dam might burst during the pole shift, and the river will probably flood, but the town of Page should be safe. Electricity supply and town water supply will cease.  You could do hydroponic or raised-bed gardening using river water, as soils are poor; but exposed lake-bed should be fertile after the pole shift.  Local terrain is critical.  I might provide additional information later.

IMAGE "Satellite view Page AZ & Lake Powell.jpg"
-----------------------

My preferred locations are still the following.
* For North American residents: at creeks or springs in hills near to Ekalaka, Montana.
   (A very nice rural property was for sale there a few years ago.)
* For Australian residents: foothills in central Tasmania, near a creek or river.
   (A small village was for sale there a few years ago.)

ilinda

« Reply #152 on: May 19, 2016, 06:16:34 PM »
As if Florida residents don't have enough problems now, here is yet another reason to consider relocating!

Science
Nile crocodiles slither into South Florida
Orlando Sentinel 5 hours ago

FORT LAUDERDALE — Step aside, Burmese python — you may no longer be Florida's scariest invasive species. Researchers have confirmed that three Nile crocodiles were captured near Miami, and they say it's possible more of the man-eating reptiles are still out there, although no one can say for sure. The big question now: How did they get to Florida? "They didn't swim from Africa," University of Florida herpetologist Kenneth Krysko said. "But we really don't know how they got into the wild." Krysko and his co-authors just published a paper showing that DNA testing proved the three animals captured in 2009, 2011 and 2014 are Nile crocs, a species whose males grow to over 16 feet long and weigh upward ...
Read more

redhairedgirl

« Reply #153 on: July 19, 2016, 12:27:59 AM »
Finally am able to get back to being more present here. I am in negotiations to purchase approximately 2 acres of fertile land that has both surface water, acequias (agricultural ditches historically used here in Northern New Mexico to irrigate farmland) that will feed and irrigate our land with water. Water rights will transfer to us.  Additional water source is a deep good flowing well. The back acre of the  land backs onto the Rio Grande River with gradual sloping. Our place is protected by low rolling hills on one side beyond the Rio Grande which is dedicated Bureau of Land Management  land.  There is one road in, a private road that we will share with our immediate neighbors.
We will have two homes on the place; one main remodeled old adobe with wood burning stove, septic tank and electrical. I'll probably set up a few backup generators. The house is double adobe, which is a great natural material originally utilized by the Indians. Cool in summer, retains heat in the winter. There is also a small casita, or guest house as well. Both are solidly built by a great local craftsman.  This place is in a small hispanic village in the Sangre de Christo mountains here in Northern New Mexico - local population about 300 people all very close knit. Elevation is about 6000 feet up.
The general area is fertile agricultural. People are simple and good.

I'm sorry to have been absent for so long. I have been dedicating all my time, energy and strength to find and locate our place to live. I'm so happy to say that we have found it.
Patty

Yowbarb

« Reply #154 on: July 19, 2016, 12:54:18 AM »
Finally am able to get back to being more present here. I am in negotiations to purchase approximately 2 acres of fertile land that has both surface water, acequias (agricultural ditches historically used here in Northern New Mexico to irrigate farmland) that will feed and irrigate our land with water. Water rights will transfer to us.  Additional water source is a deep good flowing well. The back acre of the  land backs onto the Rio Grande River with gradual sloping. Our place is protected by low rolling hills on one side beyond the Rio Grande which is dedicated Bureau of Land Management  land.  There is one road in, a private road that we will share with our immediate neighbors.
We will have two homes on the place; one main remodeled old adobe with wood burning stove, septic tank and electrical. I'll probably set up a few backup generators. The house is double adobe, which is a great natural material originally utilized by the Indians. Cool in summer, retains heat in the winter. There is also a small casita, or guest house as well. Both are solidly built by a great local craftsman.  This place is in a small hispanic village in the Sangre de Christo mountains here in Northern New Mexico - local population about 300 people all very close knit. Elevation is about 6000 feet up.

I'm sorry to have been absent for so long. I have been dedicating all my time, energy and strength to find and locate our place to live. I'm so happy to say that we have found it.
Patty

Patty (redhairedgirl) I am so happy to see your post! :)
So glad you have found a good location. Sounds really beautiful, too.
Wow, it looks like all your hard work and all the prayers worked!
- Barb T.

redhairedgirl

« Reply #155 on: July 19, 2016, 04:34:11 PM »
!!!Thanks Barb....
ilinda: what a story about the Nile crocs in Florida.. what the heck?!!! How is that possible? (rhetorical question)

ilinda

« Reply #156 on: July 19, 2016, 06:23:42 PM »

Patty
Congrats!  It does sound beautiful and wonderful.  I especially like the low population.  A lot of us are very happy for you!  Ever onward.

Socrates

• Members
  • Prolific Member
  • literally, I've seen the end in a vision; DEADLY!
    • TEOMCROTE
« Reply #157 on: November 10, 2016, 11:44:26 PM »
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

Yowbarb

« Reply #158 on: January 03, 2017, 02:57:26 PM »

(What is legal there to use?)

Nothing Barb.  We are totally defenseless.  Get a L A R G E, H U N G R Y dog  :)
Collie thanks for your reply! Well hungry dogs, gator pond might help too.  ;D
How about machetes and like that?  Can't people use those if someone threatens their home?

We miss you, Collie. Come on back and let us know how it is there...

Socrates

• Members
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
« Reply #159 on: January 04, 2017, 09:16:19 AM »
"Speak softly ['the meek will inherit the Earth'], carry a big stick and have a big dog", should be the expression...

Bears, coyotes, mountain lions, FEMA... A big dog helps.
survival database
location, civilisation reboot, PERMACULTURE, postcataclysmic soil, Growing Soil 1.01

Yowbarb

« Reply #160 on: January 12, 2017, 12:24:01 PM »
 ;D

Socrates

• Members
  • Prolific Member
    • TEOMCROTE
« Reply #161 on: January 13, 2017, 01:32:43 AM »

I was with the Mormons for 3 years. According to Mormon scripture each member of the church should [most don't bother to...] acquire land in or around Independence Missouri because that's supposed to be safe territory in the 'end times':

Strangely enough, this corresponds pretty well with the above map; compare the location of Independence Mi with the first map and it seems the North-Western part of Missouri should be considered as an option.
(Before Utah, Independence Missouri was the center of Mormon culture; as a 'good Mormon' i came to the U.S.A. and bought 14 acres of land in Jackson County. I wasn't able to keep the land, btw, but obviously all of this made an impression on me back around 2000.)
survival database

Yowbarb

« Reply #162 on: March 04, 2017, 06:38:10 PM »
To Whom It may Concern, I finally merged Jimfarmers Topic with Cineruss's Topic.
Jim had started his in Oct 2010 and Cineruss has started one in 2010. I believe his was originally "Safe Locations" and some of the pages had that title.
All the pages now say "Favorable Locations" now, since, "Safe " is a promise we cannot really make.

Yowbarb

« Reply #163 on: March 04, 2017, 06:58:32 PM »
Every once in awhile I think of OKLA, some old ancestral connections etc.
Then I remember the frackers just love the fracking place. Check out your potential survival places, here:

http://www.drillingmaps.com/

http://www.drillingmaps.com/oklahoma.html 

Yowbarb

« Reply #164 on: March 04, 2017, 07:27:36 PM »
Eastern TN land for sale...

http://www.easttennland.com/

Home Study System

Home Study System
Save 30%

BUY NOW

The ideal win-win survival community library reference system offers a broad range of valuable survival skills and knowledge. Ideal those in preparedness, it provides in-depth knowledge about how to form communities and operate two-way communications.

For human needs, it also includes a low-impact energy self-healing art and an essential role for seniors in survival communities.

A special note for those of you living outside the United States, we optimized this system for the lowest possible Priority Mail costs.

4 Paperbacks and 6 DVDs

Win-Win Survival Communities Signed

Radio Free Earth Color (Color Editon) Signed

Complete Danjeon Breathing System w/6 DVDs

Survival Wellness Advocacy and the BIG WIN

BUY NOW